It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2004, 05:27 PM   #1

coalchamber99 HB User
Diet Stew

Ok back in winter of 99 going into 2000 I got this recipe out of my moms womens world magazine. Its a recipe to lose 1 pound per day eating this stew. It has a bunch of veggies and lentils and some other good stuff in it. I did it for about a week and it really did work. The weight stayed off to for a while until I got lazy again and stopped exercising. Im starting it again today. The thing is I think this was developed by women and this stuff really doesnt have many calories and no fat. Im guessing I will get about a thousand calories out if the stew alone and I will probly get around maybe 1000 more eating other healthy things like fruits. Im a 24 y.o. male and I weigh about 250 and am 5'11. I have a pretty big build and also lift weights. Do you guys think this would be a good plan for me? my goal is to ultimately get down to about 210-200 where I was at when I graduated high school 5 years ago. If I can do this Monday thru Friday and eat healthy on the weekends except normal foods I should be close by the end of May. Oh I also will throw in a couple of bowls of Special K every day.

Thanks

Old 03-30-2004, 11:32 AM   #2

nikki2kids HB User
Re: Diet Stew

The stew sounds great - healthy and low cal. I think you have a good plan if you don't get tired of it. What is the recipe - I wouldn't mind making it for me and my family. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2004, 07:59 PM   #3

never2L8 HB User
Re: Diet Stew

This sort of diet was pushed here as an easy and simple way to get people started with weight loss. They follow this for a couple of weeks, get a terrific boost from the weight they lose and this encourages them to continue trying to lose weight. Most people cannot stick to anything this monotonous for very long as they get bored of the 'sameness' and the food can be be bland. You still have to look at everything you normally eat and remedy that if you want the weight you lose to stay off, but this can certainly help get you started.

Closed Thread