It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2004, 07:53 PM   #1
(female)

Rheality HB User
Taking Green Tea for weight Loss?

I have a friend that swears by Green Tea. She said she has lost about 20 pounds with a small change to diet and she "says" she works out a bit.

I need to lose 30 pounds or a bit more...depending on how I see myself after the 30. She told me to try Green tea, (which i did) but I havent seen a difference. I work out 5 times a week on an elliptical machine and i have a pretty good diet...i do munch on sweets occasionally, i know, bad me. Its not an every day occurence tho.

I just need to lose 30 pounds! Working out, green tea and diet arent working! what should i do? And also, what would be the reccomended dosage fro green tee? the bottle says 2 pills @ 250 each. so thats about 500mg a day. is taken an extra pill making the toal to 750mg of green tea a day bad? anyone have effects with it?

thanks. Rhea

Old 04-28-2004, 10:18 PM   #2

Jays Kitten HB User
Re: Taking Green Tea for weight Loss?

Are you taking mega t? I lost a lot of weight taking that. But after a while I really can't feel the energy much anymore. I called the manufacturers and they said don't take more than 2 a day. So I am thinking of switching brands. There is one at walgrens (I forgot what it is called) that says you can double the dosage. You may want to look into that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2004, 04:20 AM   #3
(female)

Rheality HB User

thanks for the info. I am not taking anything atm, except for the green tea pills themselves. I wanted to take hydroxycut EF/CF. Im not sure. i just want a boost for weight loss. i dont need energy, i have plenty of that. hehe.

Old 04-29-2004, 07:31 PM   #4

Jays Kitten HB User

Mega T is a green tea dietary supplement. I was wondering if that was the brand you are taking. So far it has helped me lose probably 60 lbs.

Old 04-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #5
(female)

Rheality HB User

no, i wasnt taking Mega T. It was just an herbal supplement from a local store. I stopped taking it tho and started on Hydroxycut...im not sure i can take both at the same time.

Rhea

Old 04-30-2004, 02:57 PM   #6

Jays Kitten HB User

I have been thinking of starting something like that but am a little scared. Please let me know how that works for you and if you have a lot of side effects.

Old 04-30-2004, 05:28 PM   #7

esam HB User

i've been following south beach diet since january and working out (weights and cardio) and have lost 30 lbs up till this point. i've been taking the walmart version of one-a-day's weight smart (it's called diet smart) and it is just a multi-vitamin with ECGC (green tea extract) in it. i hadn't taken it the whole time since i started this eating healthy way of life so i can compare it to something - but i really have noticed a difference in weight loss since taking it. it has been a steady increasing weight loss. certainly helps to eat well but i've had my cheats too. my husband thought it was ridiculous when i told him that i actually thought it had increased my metabolism but he tried it and noticed an increase in weight loss too so he now takes them. i've even had just regular green tea capsules but i can't say i've noticed a difference with taking them for some reason. my husband said he noticed an increase in his weight loss in just drinking the tea but said he found it too hard on his stomach to drink a couple cups daily.

hope that helps.

Old 05-01-2004, 06:58 PM   #8

brandi1971 HB User

Hi- I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to find Mega T. I don't think Vitamin world has it, which is where I normally get stuff like that. Has anyone found it at Walmart or one of those stores! Thanks a lot!!

Old 05-01-2004, 09:02 PM   #9

Jays Kitten HB User

I get it from walmart

Old 05-10-2004, 09:46 PM   #10

ToneucTB HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays Kitten
Mega T is a green tea dietary supplement. I was wondering if that was the brand you are taking. So far it has helped me lose probably 60 lbs.

Hey Jays Kitten, You think that the Mega T supplement worked well for you. Does it speed metabolism? Where do you get it and how much did you pay?
Thanks again

Old 12-08-2004, 03:10 PM   #11
Inactive

sleppy210 HB User

I've found that the elliptical/cross trainer makes me bigger. I've lost 20 pounds in the last year. I weigh about 118 now, 5'4'' 20 years old. I only work out twice a week, any more and my legs get bigger. Now I use the bicycle

Old 01-04-2005, 06:06 PM   #12
(female)

SweetPea17 HB User

has anyone had any bad side effects with taking the Mega-T pills? i recently bought them but i am afraid i will get sick and they wont work. someone let me know there success with this supplement. feel free to email me if needed

[ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

Last edited by moderator2; 01-04-2005 at 08:53 PM. Reason: please carefully review the posting rules - no emails

Old 07-20-2005, 11:41 PM   #13
(female)

lainosuta HB User

I think this topic's a bit old, but alot of you seem worried about how much you can take with no side effects. To be honest, I'm very sensitive to caffiene normally. I had extremely bad jitters from taking stronger thermogenic products (ephedra free of course) that just contained too much normal caffiene and less green tea, like stacker 2 and hydroxy cut.

I originally lost about 10-15 lbs over a period of four months, and I"ve been stuck at a plateau for about a year, floating up and down five lbs. I never really understood what helped me lose the original weight, and I thought it was taking stacker 2 before my workouts. I experimented with stacker 2 a year later, and it did nothing really but make me moody, jittery and an insomniac. Before and during the original four month period, I took just plain old mega t green tea pills, twice a day. I thought they were so mild in comparison to stacker that they did nothing. I'm retesting to see if perhaps they'll help me lose that last five lbs of fluff I carry from stress eating, and I'm actually taking double the dosage. I get a slight rush of fever like chills an hour or so after taking them, but not bad, just a mild rush, from taking two before a meal or with a meal, and I dont take any after 3pm, and I've had no real side effects. No jitters, no insomnia (though I am suspicious that either my stress related smoking or the green tea pills have reinstigated my night time leg cramps.. so I began taking my centrum pills again. No more of that, maybe they were interfering with some natural nutrient I need for good circulation). These are quite mild in my opinion and since I get jitters from drinking anything stronger than a coke (energy drinks give me nausea and jitters like you wouldnt believe), that in my unprofessional opinion, green tea pills from Mega T are fine for even sensitive people. I would not suggest taking four a day like I am for an extended period of time, I'm merely doing so because I've read that the required amount of egcg? that is in green tea to help in burning fat is at the very least, the amount of four of the mega t brand pills. They're so cheap however, that its worth it to just buy two packs and work through them in the same amount of recommended time on the box(15 day supply, 30 pills, twice daily..)

They haven't suppressed my appetite much, but i've switched recently to gluten free this last summer upon discovery of being allergic to it, and I get really bad cravings for bread/carbs that fruit and veggies cant fix, so I tend to just be constantly hungry/craving anyways.

Hope my input helps clear up the dosage deemed safe for the average individual.

Old 07-24-2005, 03:34 PM   #14
(female)

vlynncurtis HB User

Does this really work? I'm a natural skeptic.
VC

Old 07-25-2005, 04:39 PM   #15
(female)

niki84 HB User

It was working for me. I got a 45 day supply and i used them all and lost a bunch of weight so i got another bottle and about half of that bottle i noticed i didnt have the energy anymore and also my appetite came back. So i stopped using them for a couple month, i started back on them this morning and my energy is back and i'm not as hungry. I lost close to 30 lbs on them before, i think with out them i would have been wanting to eat all the time and wouldnt have had the energy to work out.

Closed Thread