It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2004, 08:21 AM   #1

Wafer HB User
Cutting out sugar and white flour

So a few weeks ago i cut out sugar and white flour, basically all sweets, potatoes, white dough, orange juice, things like that. I admit that I've cheated a couple times, but never anything big like a slice of pizza or candy or anything. I've started walking three times a day for 30 minutes each, and I don't feel like I'm losing much weight. What could be missing? I've stopped cheating altogether.

Old 06-25-2004, 10:01 AM   #2

nikki2kids HB User
Re: Cutting out sugar and white flour

It is unusual that you have not seen any weight loss. How much did you weigh before starting this? What kind of foods were you eating? I have done this in the past and have always seen a significant weight loss in the first week of starting it (6 to 10 lbs.) This is because the sugar and white flour cause water retention and when you cut it out, there is an initiall loss of water weight. That's why I'm surprised you did not lose any. Give me more information and I might make some suggestions. Around nine months ago I weighed 226 lbs. I am now down to 165. I have 20 more lbs I'd like to lose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2004, 10:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafer
So a few weeks ago i cut out sugar and white flour, basically all sweets, potatoes, white dough, orange juice, things like that. I admit that I've cheated a couple times, but never anything big like a slice of pizza or candy or anything. I've started walking three times a day for 30 minutes each, and I don't feel like I'm losing much weight. What could be missing? I've stopped cheating altogether.
Cutting out the junk food is a great first step, but there are many components to a healthy weight loss plan, and you may be missing some of them.

How many calories do you eat? Have you ever determined your basal metabolic rate? What have you replaced the refined carb foods with? Do you eat a lot of foods labeled "low-net-carb"? Many people reduce their calories too drastically which does not help you lose - it upsets your metabolism and makes it harder to lose. On the other hand, many people replace refined carbs with higher calorie foods and/or chemical components that can upset your metabolic function.

The ideal weight loss plan strenthens your metabolism so it can burn the food you consume more efficiently. This includes eating the right # of calories for YOUR body, eating a healthy ratio of complex carbs, protein, and fat; omitting foods high in sodium, chemical additives and preservatives; drinking lots of water; and of course, excercise.

Old 06-26-2004, 07:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

LV40 HB User

Nikki, I would love to know how you lost your weight

Closed Thread