It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2004, 01:14 AM   #1

jo-dee HB User
progesterone and weight loss

I just went to the local health food store and after describing my problem to the owner (unable to lose weight after having kids despite trying practically everything), she said that it sounds like I'm estrogen dominant and told me to try this progesterone cream. She said that it would help my PMS symptoms in addition to helping me lose weight. Has anyone else heard of this or tried this? Does it work?

Old 07-03-2004, 06:39 AM   #2
(female)

StuckinaRut HB User
Re: progesterone and weight loss

You know, it's funny you started this thread. In November I went on the depo provera shot, a mainly progesterone form of birth control, and though I stopped exercising, I kept losing the weight at about a 1/2 lbs to 1 lbs a week...Well, I am very poor so when March came around I didn't have the money to get my renewal shot, but they say that you have a month where it's still in your system, so I didn't get it, and kept dropping the weight exercise free. All of a sudden in April I started notciing my weight slowly climb back up and now it's the beginning of July still no depo provera, and I'm 10 lbs heavier than I was in February, and I've been back to exercising for a month without seeing a single lbs drop. So yeah, I have a feeling that there is some truth in that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-04-2004, 01:28 AM   #3

jo-dee HB User

I thought Depo Provera was supposed to make you gain weight. Everyone that I talked to who was on that gained weight. You're the first person that has said that they lost weight on it.

Old 07-04-2004, 07:47 AM   #4
(female)

StuckinaRut HB User

Just like every form of birth control, it has different side effects for different people. All I know is I was losing weight no problem while on it, and suddenly gained weight once it was out of my system. ::shrug::

Closed Thread