It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2004, 01:59 PM   #1

jamienangie HB User
Is anyone on xenical? I would like to ask you guys some questions...

Hello everyone..

I am new to this board I spend most of my time on the BACK PROBLEM board.
I have had 3 back surgery's in the last 11 months. My last surgery was
June 16th I had a spinal fusion and things are looking up for me. Well I wanted to say I am 28 years old and 5'2". In the last year I have went from 137 to 169. IN JUST ONE YEAR.. My doctor gave me some information on better eating habbits but when you are in the bed 20 hours of the day it is kind of hard. You are in so much pain you just don't feel like doing anything. So I had an appointment with my doctor today and he wrote me a perscription for xenical. He felt with all my back problems that my weight would just make things worse. He xplained about the side effects and told me about the product but ...

I am wondering how well it works for people. He told me that it was about
120.00 for a one month supply. I did not want to get it filled until I found out it has helped people and how it has helped you. Like how long do you have to stay on the xenical and how much weight you can lose from it. If anyone could share your experience or if you know someone that has taken xenical. I would appreciate if you could share you experience with me..

Thank you so much...
ANGIE

Old 07-07-2004, 03:10 PM   #2
(female)

Rheality HB User
Re: Is anyone on xenical? I would like to ask you guys some questions...

heya there Angie! First let me say I hope you get better!

(sorry this is long)

As for Xenical, I have been on it in the past and so have 2 of my family members. Xenical, for us worked. I have to say that being on Xenical is a life changing experience. You HAVE to eat LOW FAT on this pill. If you dont, you will have bathroom issues and spotting of fat when you potty or *poofie*. I hope you know what i mean! Anywho, i had several bad experiences with it because I wasnt following a healthy eating pattern and thought the pill would just do its job. Well, the pill did do its job, it got rid of all the fat I was putting in my body. It works great. I had no other side effects except for the one mentioned.

Together, me, my mom and aunt lost close to 100 pounds in total. I had to let it go because I was near my goal weight and the doc pulled me off. My mom and aunt just stopped taking it cuz they thought they wouldnt gain the weight back. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR EATING HABIT! Its really what it boils down too. This board really has showed me that.

Maybe you can take it to get you going and so you can see how what you put in your body really affects it. It really is interesting to say the least.

If you already eat lowfat, then good for you and you should do awesome on this pill!

Good Luck, Keep us posted!
Rhea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2004, 11:12 PM   #3

funstars HB User
Question Re: Is anyone on xenical? I would like to ask you guys some questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rheality
heya there Angie! First let me say I hope you get better!

(sorry this is long)

As for Xenical, I have been on it in the past and so have 2 of my family members. Xenical, for us worked. I have to say that being on Xenical is a life changing experience. You HAVE to eat LOW FAT on this pill. If you dont, you will have bathroom issues and spotting of fat when you potty or *poofie*. I hope you know what i mean! Anywho, i had several bad experiences with it because I wasnt following a healthy eating pattern and thought the pill would just do its job. Well, the pill did do its job, it got rid of all the fat I was putting in my body. It works great. I had no other side effects except for the one mentioned.

Together, me, my mom and aunt lost close to 100 pounds in total. I had to let it go because I was near my goal weight and the doc pulled me off. My mom and aunt just stopped taking it cuz they thought they wouldnt gain the weight back. YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR EATING HABIT! Its really what it boils down too. This board really has showed me that.

Maybe you can take it to get you going and so you can see how what you put in your body really affects it. It really is interesting to say the least.

If you already eat lowfat, then good for you and you should do awesome on this pill!

Good Luck, Keep us posted!
Rhea

rhea , i have some more questions for you about Xenical since you have taken it. i would like to know how fast you seen results and did you loose 100 each or just all 3 of you together lost 100? i am wondering how long does it take before you start seeing results and how much could you loose on Xenical? how much have you lost and how long did it take you ?
please let me know thanks and looks forward to your reply.

Old 07-09-2004, 04:37 AM   #4
(female)

Rheality HB User

I was on it for several months. I saw results within 2 weeks. I tried not to weigh myself tho during that time.

The 100 was a total of all 3 of us. I think I myself must have lost like 30 pounds. It took about 3-4 months for me to get those 30 off. Im sure i could have lost more if i would have eaten better (i was eatign the wrong foods at first).

Im sure anyone could lose a substantial amount with xenical. you just really have to watch the fat intake.

Let me know if theres anything else you need.
Good luck
Rhea

Old 07-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #5

funstars HB User
Question Re: Is anyone on xenical? I would like to ask you guys some questions...

Quote:
I was on it for several months. I saw results within 2 weeks. I tried not to weigh myself tho during that time.

The 100 was a total of all 3 of us. I think I myself must have lost like 30 pounds. It took about 3-4 months for me to get those 30 off. Im sure i could have lost more if i would have eaten better (i was eatign the wrong foods at first).

Im sure anyone could lose a substantial amount with xenical. you just really have to watch the fat intake.

Let me know if theres anything else you need.
Good luck
Rhea

Rhea , yes what kind of exercise did you all do ? and for how long and how many days a week? also did you reach your goal with xenical ? i think i will give it a try. i have nothing to loose but the weight. do you recommend xenical to others ? i guess if i use it i will just need to stay near the bathroom.lol but i eat low fat foods so i should be ok. did you drink only water on it ? or soda as well? do you know if insurance companies cover this diet pill? i have insurance but dont know if insurance companies cover these.
if not i will just buy them on my own. thanks and look forward to your next reply.

Old 07-10-2004, 08:00 AM   #6
(female)

Rheality HB User

Some insurance companies cover it, but not all. We didnt have it covered.

We would walk around our neighborhood at that point since we didnt have the money to spend on a gym or to buy a machine for th house. We would walk, brisk, for about half an hour a night to an hour. There is also a park that we would go to that 1 time around the lake is 1 mile. so we would walk it twice. Woudl take us about 1 hour to walk it twice.

I do think it works, but its not for everyone. You need to try it for yourself to see. From what you have posted, if you keep low fat and drink lots of water you should be OK. You will still have the effects, just not as bad. You have to drink plenty of water. I would cut out sodas, maybe diet is OK. Im not a soda person, so i dont know the effects you would have. I sugest trying the soda at home where if something happens, you are home and dont have to be worried about about someone else seeing the accident. It can be bad. Trust me!

When you start drinking the pills, you will start seeing the effects on the second day or so, when you look in the potty. You will see the fat. It truly is interesting. Good luck. Let me know if you need anything else.

Rhea

Old 07-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #7

funstars HB User

Quote:
Some insurance companies cover it, but not all. We didnt have it covered.

We would walk around our neighborhood at that point since we didnt have the money to spend on a gym or to buy a machine for th house. We would walk, brisk, for about half an hour a night to an hour. There is also a park that we would go to that 1 time around the lake is 1 mile. so we would walk it twice. Woudl take us about 1 hour to walk it twice.

I do think it works, but its not for everyone. You need to try it for yourself to see. From what you have posted, if you keep low fat and drink lots of water you should be OK. You will still have the effects, just not as bad. You have to drink plenty of water. I would cut out sodas, maybe diet is OK. Im not a soda person, so i dont know the effects you would have. I sugest trying the soda at home where if something happens, you are home and dont have to be worried about about someone else seeing the accident. It can be bad. Trust me!

When you start drinking the pills, you will start seeing the effects on the second day or so, when you look in the potty. You will see the fat. It truly is interesting. Good luck. Let me know if you need anything else.

Rhea
Rhea , yes i just have few more questions. since this xenical doesnt curb your appetite . is there anything you could take o help with thatto help with your appeteite?
i am use to takeing pills that curb my appetite. did you guys take anything to help with that or was xenical the only thing you took ? thanks in avance.
oh ya are you at your goal weight yet or still woking on it ?

Last edited by funstars; 07-10-2004 at 11:50 AM.

Old 07-10-2004, 02:27 PM   #8
(female)

Rheality HB User

I didnt take anything to curb my appettite. And I dont know what effects it may have if you take it with these pills. Since taking Xenecal, I gained 40 pounds and am trying to lose them. I am trying to do it on my own this time since being on that pill was not a thrill for me and in my line of work atm, i dont think i could be running to the potty so often. I am taking a Green Tea Multivitamin atm. Good Luck

Rhea

Old 07-10-2004, 04:23 PM   #9

jamienangie HB User

Hello guy's...

I just wanted to say that I checked with my insurance company and they will pay for the pill I just have to have my doctor send a diagnosis. My insurance is the kind that you have to mail in. My doctor told me it was around 120.00 for a one month supply but after checking with 5 different pharmacies the cheapest I found it was 159.00 so I just said I would wait for the doctor to send the diagnosis and for a 3 month supply it will only cost me 35.00. So I just advise you to atleast call your insurance company to find out.

Good luck and if you have results soon I would hope you would share them with me..

ANGIE

Old 07-10-2004, 06:46 PM   #10

funstars HB User
Wink Re: Is anyone on xenical? I would like to ask you guys some questions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamienangie
Hello guy's...

I just wanted to say that I checked with my insurance company and they will pay for the pill I just have to have my doctor send a diagnosis. My insurance is the kind that you have to mail in. My doctor told me it was around 120.00 for a one month supply but after checking with 5 different pharmacies the cheapest I found it was 159.00 so I just said I would wait for the doctor to send the diagnosis and for a 3 month supply it will only cost me 35.00. So I just advise you to atleast call your insurance company to find out.

Good luck and if you have results soon I would hope you would share them with me..

ANGIE
hello angie , i am thinking of ordering them this weekend . i do have insurance but i have a doctor that doesnt care to even talk about diet pills much less caffenine or coffee, so i know he wouldnt approve me unless i find a new doctor. what type of doctors prescribe these diet pills ? i cant seem to find any. is it a regualr family doctor or a weight loss clinic? yes and if anyone else has used them please send us your replies, it would be greatly appreciated thanks to all.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:36 PM   #11

jamienangie HB User

hello..

It was my family doctor who prescribed them for me. I asked about merida but he said that it has more side effects like making your blood pressure rise. The side effects that he explained with xenical is that i would have gross looking stools and that I might not make it to the bathroom. The kind of stuff I can deal with. He also told me that I would have to take some supplements.. I wish I could talk with more people that have taken it to find out what the success is..

Good luck and hope to hear from you..
ANGIE

Old 07-11-2004, 10:54 PM   #12

funstars HB User

Quote:
hello..

It was my family doctor who prescribed them for me. I asked about merida but he said that it has more side effects like making your blood pressure rise. The side effects that he explained with xenical is that i would have gross looking stools and that I might not make it to the bathroom. The kind of stuff I can deal with. He also told me that I would have to take some supplements.. I wish I could talk with more people that have taken it to find out what the success is..

Good luck and hope to hear from you..
ANGIE
hi angie thanks for the reply. i will need to find a new family doctor cuz the one i have doesnt even like me drinking diet pop. or coffee or anything .
last time i talked with him about dieting he just said to do more exercise.
well i did the treadmill for 6 weeks and lost next to nothing and i was doing 2 hrs a day 6 days a week. so that didnt work and i was even eating less.
i have totally given up on the word diet. i was hopeing you would also get more replies on xenical . but ya know i waited a long time in the past a waiting for a reply and decided just to try the pill myself which was phentermine , boy do i regret it that pill was so powerful i felt horrible on it like i was higher than the sky. it was bad. i was on the 30mg and got right off of it. i am wondeirng do you know if merida is phentermine ? i think its best to try the xenical and see how that goes. what kind of supplements did he say you need to take with xenical ? i am wondering cause if i start on them i will just order them of the web more than likely. let me know . i know for sure you have to take a vitamin. i am so glad i am a house wife so i can be near the bathroom .. well let me know when you start them and how things go in the meantime i will porbally just place the order in the next few days here. thanks funstars. p.s did you by any chance ask your doctor how long it may take for a good amount of weight loss with xenical ?

Old 07-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #13

jamienangie HB User

Hello.

I did not ask how much I could expect to lose? I wish there were more people that I could talk to because I really do not know what to expect. I am going to have to wait a few more days because I sent my prescription in the mail today and it usually takes about a week. I am so excited. I am also at home so I can hit the bathroom. I am going to have to find out exactly what he wants me to take because I forgot. But he said it was important because the pill strips some of the natural vitamins away..
I did not know you could order pills off of the web. I thought you had to have a presciption. I wish there were more people we could talk to that have taken the pill. My doctor told me that I would have to eat low fat so I order Dr.Phil's cook book I figure if I am eating lowfat and the pill takes all the fat out I should not be taking in that much. Well keep me posted and when I call my doctor tomm. I will let you know about the vitamins..
Take Care
Angie

Old 07-12-2004, 10:44 PM   #14

funstars HB User

Quote:
Hello.

I did not ask how much I could expect to lose? I wish there were more people that I could talk to because I really do not know what to expect. I am going to have to wait a few more days because I sent my prescription in the mail today and it usually takes about a week. I am so excited. I am also at home so I can hit the bathroom. I am going to have to find out exactly what he wants me to take because I forgot. But he said it was important because the pill strips some of the natural vitamins away..
I did not know you could order pills off of the web. I thought you had to have a presciption. I wish there were more people we could talk to that have taken the pill. My doctor told me that I would have to eat low fat so I order Dr.Phil's cook book I figure if I am eating lowfat and the pill takes all the fat out I should not be taking in that much. Well keep me posted and when I call my doctor tomm. I will let you know about the vitamins..
Take Care
Angie

angie , thanks for the reply , ya i was hopeing as well to hear more stories very strange cause seems like no one but one has replied bummer huh..
well the least i can say it has less side effects compare to phentermine or merdria. yes you can order off teh web pretty much any prescription you want i ordered my phentermien on line . they also had merdria and xenical.
i would rather be under a doctors care though but the doctors i have had dont like to even talk about diet pills. so it hardto get a prescription.
ya let me know what vitamins and all to take cause when i place my order i can have them here is 2-3 days . thanks again and please if anyone else has tried xenical please let us know your results. thanks to all.

Old 07-13-2004, 03:01 PM   #15
(female)

Avony HB User

I think you should know that the pills still aren't miracle pills, they don't take out all the fat but just some of it I think something like 30% not sure if I am right. I took xenical, I can't say if I lost anything except money because it was $120 for a month's supply and I really didn't follow any diet because my thinking was like your that since it causes less fat absorption then I could eat whatever...guess I was wrong!

I think xenical is a good diet aid because it dosen't cause any bad side effects like jitteriness or anxiety but trust me its a pain in the a$$ to clean out the toliet after eating a full fat meal and maybe one of the worst smell that you'll have to wash out of your clothes. Oh and there won't ever be any more slient ones if you know what I mean...lol

Last edited by Avony; 07-13-2004 at 03:02 PM.

Closed Thread