It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2004, 06:29 PM   #1

Baybbunz HB User
Strongest diet pill besides phentermine?

What are the strongest diet pills besides phentermine ?

Old 07-11-2004, 09:03 AM   #2

Baybbunz HB User
Re: Strongest diet pill besides phentermine?

Bump ... Anyone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2004, 10:33 PM   #3
(female)

FMY HB User

I have tried many different ones- Zantrex 3, hydroxicut, stacker 2 just to name a few, but all any of them do for me is make me want to take a nap within about 1 hour.

Last edited by FMY; 07-12-2004 at 10:37 AM.

Old 07-12-2004, 12:25 AM   #4

Alez HB User

do diet pills even really work? If so how do they work?

Old 07-14-2004, 01:18 PM   #5

Alez HB User

plz, can some1 tell me how diet pills work, cause im really considering on takin them.

Old 07-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #6

blessed2bme HB User

Alez,

I think most of them just stop your cravings from food to prevent overeating. As for the technical side, I am not sure.

Old 07-14-2004, 05:38 PM   #7

mugal2003 HB User

Primarily, the "ephedra" based diet pills are amphetamines, causing your heart rate to increase and more blood to flow. Thus it fools your heart into thinking your exercising 24/7. I guess that may cause your appetite to decrease, while increasing your metabolic rate. Most of them have caffenine in them also, which studies have shown caffenine is an appetite suppresant and keeps you alert. I am just basing that on the ones I have taken before, (Stackers, yellow jackets, midnight stallion). My heart rate increased dramatically, very jittery, and my body temperature increased.

That's just my take on them. I do not think they would make a person lose weight significantly, they could possible just jumpstart your system. Def. decrease your calorie intake and increase your exercise is the best way to go for weight loss. A pill will never solve a problem in this case.

Old 07-20-2004, 01:20 PM   #8

deedeecin HB User

Every person is different, every person reacts differently to the pills, I've tried every diet pill imaginable in the history of mankind, they start off okay for the first two weeks then the pills start slacking off after that or I do LOL, anyway if you have some will power they might work for you but if you dont' than forget it, don't waste your money, I could be rich with what I've spent over the years and I've been overweight most of my life, the only pills that ever worked were the phen-phen and they took those off the market. So I hoped I help in some way. dee

Old 07-21-2004, 05:44 PM   #9

formygirls3 HB User

I lost 50 pounds in 3 months with phentermine, it was great, controled my appitite and gave me energy, had to adjust the dose after the first month and go up. Oh and BTW there is NO Ephedra in phentermine. Ephedra or epherdrien is for asthmatics. It is Bronchial dilator that speeds the heart and raises metabolism. Fastin is a great drug but it will not do it alone, it only assist in weight loss, you still have to do the work by diet and exercise.
Good Luck
Teresa

Old 07-22-2004, 10:14 AM   #10

Fur-ball HB User

Ephendrine... definitely works. I get the pure stuff from the health food store down the road that is not mixed with anything. Its original purpose is a decongestant (which is also great for my allergies), but it also takes away your appetite and increases your metabolism. When you exercise on it you will run further and lift more weight also. Of course, like any medication there is side effects and precautions to take. Please read up on it first.

I get mine from the health food store at $9.98 for 50 pills. I usually take the reccomended 4 pills maximum daily. I feel 10 times more inclined to exercise and will actually push myself and feel motivated. My fitness guro friend takes it before he works out. He has to eat before he takes the pill because the appetite suppressant is too much and he will not be hungry for the rest of the day. You do not feel nauseated on the pill, just not hungry. No interest in the food.

Anyways...
that is what i reccomend.

Ocean

Old 07-22-2004, 10:49 AM   #11

rubetc93 HB User

They actually sell ephedrine? I thought that stuff was banned? I wonder if I could find it at GNC b/c it never bothered me when I took it in diet pills.

Old 07-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #12

Fur-ball HB User

I think you are right if you live in the US. I live in Canada where they still sell it at the grocery store.

Old 07-23-2004, 12:44 PM   #13

candyapple7 HB User

I have tried hydroxicut, and trim spa. was not impressed. I had thought about Zantex 3, let me know if you do !! I heared stacker were ok!!

Old 07-23-2004, 12:46 PM   #14

candyapple7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubetc93
They actually sell ephedrine? I thought that stuff was banned? I wonder if I could find it at GNC b/c it never bothered me when I took it in diet pills.
just like Phen phen , it help a lot of people some people took to much and didn't check with their dr. about the side effects!!

Old 07-23-2004, 02:58 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

ivy2002 HB User

you shouldnt take them really..they screw up your system big time...

Closed Thread