It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2004, 04:37 PM   #1
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User
Im losing 1lb a day while on CLA

Im seeing results taking CLA.. but my problem is that I eat once a day.. I hardly ever snack on anything. I eat when im hungry, but sometimes I just dont. But I drink a lot of water and only eat veggies.

Im just really suprise.. my weight has never been able to go below 120 in 3 years..

btw, am i suffering from eating disorder?

Old 08-26-2004, 04:43 PM   #2

SnowBnny HB User
Re: Im losing 1lb a day while on CLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyabout blue
Im seeing results taking CLA.. but my problem is that I eat once a day.. I hardly ever snack on anything. I eat when im hungry, but sometimes I just dont. But I drink a lot of water and only eat veggies.

Im just really suprise.. my weight has never been able to go below 120 in 3 years..

Hey, congrats on the loss. You really should eat more than once I day. Only a doctor can say you have an eating disorder.
I remember going on a diet back in Janurary. I started at 127 lbs. Went off and on diets and I went down to 90 lbs. After being threatened to be put into the hospital by my husband, I gained weight. I finally got back up to 113 lbs but now I feel that I am overweight in my mind so went back on a diet and I am now 106 lbs. and still losing.
I believe I have an eating disorder, so I am going to a recovery center for eating disorders in about 2 weeks.

Last edited by SnowBnny; 08-26-2004 at 04:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2004, 04:49 PM   #3
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Thank you.

I, too, still feel that Im "fat" and need to lose weight.

Hope all works out well for you.. Just know that you're beautiful regardless what your weight is.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:57 AM   #4

Luciouz HB User
Smile Re: Im losing 1lb a day while on CLA

Congrats girl, when did you notice that you were losing a pound a day, how long did it take you to get there are you eating any breads, I am going to weigh myself tomorrow, that is 10days I have been on CLA, please respond
Quote:
Thank you.

I, too, still feel that Im "fat" and need to lose weight.

Hope all works out well for you.. Just know that you're beautiful regardless what your weight is.

Old 09-01-2004, 12:03 PM   #5
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Sorry I didnt respond sooner... I was out of town for 5 days.. And I ate a lil more than usual.. didnt take CLA, and I only gained 2lb.. so thats not bad. Im back.. and will need to lose some more 5lbs.

I noticed my weight loss within 2 days of taking CLA. I was chking my weight every morning after I go to the bathroom.

I am vegetarian.. I dont drink sodas, just lots of water, and I try to eat healthy. I rarely eat bread. If I do, its just gonna be one slice of bread.

I take CLA 3x a day regardless if I eat 3 meals a day. CLA help suppress my appetite too i think. But i think its mainly because I drink a lot of water.

I normally run everyday.. but i havent in the past few months.. so now its just running up and down the stairs.. go for walks.. im basically trying to move around a lot.

Hows CLA working for u Luciouz??????

Old 09-01-2004, 01:30 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Lisa0825 HB User

I started CLA and Ripped Fuel both on yesterday. I have lost one pound, but I don't attribute it to that already. Most likely water fluctuation. I also had some plateau time last week, so it was just *time* for a pound to drop! I have been averaging 1.5 to 2 pounds per week, so we'll see if that average increases in the next couple weeks.

Old 09-01-2004, 02:01 PM   #7

miamimissy HB User

I have been taking CLA for 3 days but today I ate fast food!!! bad girl bad girl lol
I couldnt help myself, I've been on a healthy diet for a week but I couldn't help it, I was starving! hahaha. Anyway, no more cheating for me and congrats on the loss! I plan to weight myself at the end of the month when I am done with CLA

Old 09-02-2004, 12:41 AM   #8
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

Yes, i ate really bad, unhealthy foods today.. I dont know why. Maybe cuz I have been eating so healthy the past week and that contributed to a 5lbs loss in 5 days.

Now, i feel like i gained another few lbs today...

I took 4 CLA today..

U just gotta avoid high sugar, fattening foods.. esp sodas.. dont worry about the carbs, ur body needs it and it will burn off if you exercise.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:47 AM   #9

mtngrl57 HB User

Quote:

I finally found someone who eats like I do! The trouble is, I don't know how I wound up gaining so much weight! I felt the best at 135 to 140. 5 kids later and older or course, I weight 192 as of this morning. I was 203 in Apr. I was at 180 for a very long time and I couldn't shake a pound! No amount of exercise or not eating was helping! Then I lost my mom and shot up another 20 lbs.
From what I have been learning, my weight has to do with medication, (Lexapro) depression, and peri menopause! I will confess though, I was drinking too much soda too. It was easy to grab.
My husband comes home telling me about these guys he has talked to that have set their minds to it and lost a lot of weight. Like all I have to do is set my mind to it. It hasn't been that easy unfortunatly. I have tried to lose so many times!
He also comes home telling me about another woman in his work place that has had surgery to lose the weight. I don't think he is getting it. The guys can lose the weight faster than the woman. So the woman get so large that they opt for the surgery.
So, for me now it is lots of water and vitamins and excersize and CLA! I just started taking that about four days ago. I have missed some.
Hope things keep going well for you! Happy bouncing!
Mtngrl

Old 09-02-2004, 09:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

So what's gonna happen to you guys when you stop taking CLA? Will all the weight come back? Can you take it forever?

Old 09-02-2004, 10:57 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

Lisa0825 HB User

I haven't researched it that thoroughly, but CLA is basically a fatty acid, I believe, which is also naturally present in food. I also take Omega 3 fatty acids. These substances are good for your body, and there is no reason I know of NOT to take them. the question is whether or not they affect weight or fat. That being said, whether or not one gains back the weight would have more to do with whether or not one is eating right and getting enough exercise, than whether one stops taking a pill. Any supplements or drugs should be for the purpose of ASSISTING you in losing weight, not purely CAUSING the loss. So, when you quit taking them, if you have honed your healthy habits, you should be able to stabilize.

Last edited by Lisa0825; 09-02-2004 at 10:58 AM.

Old 09-02-2004, 10:58 AM   #12
Inactive

crazyabout blue HB User

I think that you will not gain the weight back if you keep your diet/healthy lifestyle/exercise consistent.

I would suggest taking CLA till you reach your goal.. and then take one a day to maintain your weight. Your body needs CLA.. esp to those who are vegetarian.

Old 09-02-2004, 12:05 PM   #13
(female)

Avony HB User

I suggest doing a web search on CLA and even going to the library because there is alot of information on CLA however long term studies have not been done to confirm its benefits however the studies done makes it a promising aid in weight loss because it help reduce body fat and build lean muscle mass. I think I read somewhere that the fat cell once reduced don't grow back.

Old 09-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #14

dragonfly_razz HB User
Question Re: Im losing 1lb a day while on CLA

hey, sorry but i was just wondering, what is CLA, it seems like it works great!

Old 09-03-2004, 09:01 AM   #15

liza HB User

Quote:
?
You are losing so much weight fast because you are hardly eating. I wouldn't contribute the success to the CLA. You probably feel full because you are in ketosis due to the low carbohydrate.

I have read about cla and your results would not be from the cla.

this is the only board that has a post of success (the 50 lb thread)

all the other boards I have read about cla says it's a wast of money, blahblah...

Last edited by liza; 09-03-2004 at 09:02 AM.

Closed Thread