It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2004, 05:44 AM   #1
(female)

Candy777 HB User
Thumbs up Drink up!! Need to increased our Water intake Daily, even if you have to add a lemon

Some days are better than others , I try to at least do 50-64 ozs a day including my coffee and green tea. I mix a lemon in a 64oz Water jug and drink it through out today. What ever it takes , are you into the Bottle kind and which flavors do you like, or you make your own bottle water, you know Hot water pour it in bottles, cheap Ideal Are you even drinking at 16-24 ozs. of water.We have to get in theis water intake , more important than anything we drink, exspecially since I am a coffee drinker, I need all I can get Drink up

Old 10-25-2004, 10:23 AM   #2
Inactive

zip2play HB User
Re: Drink up!! Need to increased our Water intake Daily, even if you have to add a lemon

Lordy,
Counting the coffee, kefir, lemonade and 12 ounces of diet soda, and COPIOUS amounts of cold water from the fridge (hate it room temperature) I tally in at about 140-175 ounces a day.

Last edited by zip2play; 10-25-2004 at 10:24 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2004, 10:48 AM   #3

pokiedot HB User
Re: Drink up!! Need to increased our Water intake Daily, even if you have to add a lemon

I like the flavored carbonated waters with no calories, carbs, or sodium. Are they ok to count in your intake of water?

Old 10-25-2004, 03:06 PM   #4
(female)

Candy777 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Drink up!! Need to increased our Water intake Daily, even if you have to add a lemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiedot
I like the flavored carbonated waters with no calories, carbs, or sodium. Are they ok to count in your intake of water?

I would think so ,yes , I would think so.

Old 10-26-2004, 03:47 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip2play
Lordy,
Counting the coffee, kefir, lemonade and 12 ounces of diet soda, and COPIOUS amounts of cold water from the fridge (hate it room temperature) I tally in at about 140-175 ounces a day.
What's kefir? Just curious

Old 10-26-2004, 03:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jess75 HB UserJess75 HB User

I definitely can use some more discipline on drinking more water. The problem is, it seems like since I had a baby my bladder is horrible and just drinking green tea can be a total pain in the but going to the potty every 2 seconds!

Old 10-26-2004, 05:46 AM   #7
Inactive

zip2play HB User

Jessica,

Kefir is a thick, fermented milk that is far more probiotically complex than yoghurt but similar in taste. It is tarter than yoghurt and buttermilk but sort of a cross between the two, with a slight carbonation and low alcohol content (like 1-2%.)
You can vary the tartness, even to the point of converting over 90% of the milk lactose to lactic acid!
Easier and less cranky than youghurt to make, too, once you have kefiir "grains."
I drink a glassful a day.

Old 10-26-2004, 06:29 AM   #8

katieg1913 HB User

i've just (finally) started to drink more water. i drink about 60-90 oz a day, maybe more. it's getting easier, now whenever i see my water bottle i drink from it. but sometimes i'm busy or forget to drink for awhile and it's like my throat/mouth's going completely dry. i think i'm becoming addicted to water, lol!

Old 10-26-2004, 07:59 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokiedot
It depends - adding chemical additives or preservatives can negate the positive effects of water. In other words, you are not looking to increase "fluids" you are looking to increase actual water. So water that has been merely carbonated (and naturally flavored) counts, but water that has been flavored AND artifically sweetened does not count - this is more like diet sodapop. Other beverages that do not count include iced tea, tea, coffee, crystal lite, etc...

One of the primary benefits of drinking water is to support liver and kidney function. Without getting into a detailed explanation, you can dramatically decrease toxicity and strengthen your metabolism if you drink adequate amounts of water every day. But once you add chemicals to the beverage - ANY chemicals - you are defeating the purpose - now your liver and kidneys have to work harder to flush these toxins out of your body. This increases toxicity and weakens the metabolism.

In summary, stick with water or carbonated water, but read labels and leave the chemicals behind.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:04 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

BTW, I drink about 100 ounces of pure filtered water every day - and nothing else, ever (for about a year now!). I drink it at room temperature and it now tastes sweet to me. One morning, after about 4 months of drinking nothing but water, I took a sip in the morning and thought I accidentally grabbed hubby's glass - because it tasted sweet. Then I though he was playing a joke on me by adding sugar to my water. But it was actually my tastes changing. Ever since that day water tastes quite sweet to me - better than any pop or flavored drinks you can buy.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:05 AM   #11
(female)

trimmery HB User

I try to drink 96-120 oz a day, it gets hard sometimes because it gets so boring. But I try my hardest to stick to it. Its hard in the morning when I am driving to work (I drive and hour to and from). I always want to stop and get some juice, or hot chocolate, but I always keep a 24 oz bottle of water in my car, that I sip out of from time to time, to try to make me not want to stop and buy something else. Sometimes the water is a little too warm, but it does help.

Old 11-02-2004, 02:17 AM   #12

2beautiful2Bfat HB User

Whoa!! that is alot of water!! How much should we have!? I have been drinking 2 litres which I think is 64oz and I thought that was alot!!

Old 11-02-2004, 03:13 AM   #13

punk_rock_Lia HB User

Technically, medical standards consider 64 oz sufficient. But if your drinking juices, soda's, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or anything else, you should get at least 110oz. I, personally, try to drink 167oz a day. I'm slowly weaning myself off of water that I flavor with lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, cherry and clove honey. And yes, that's mixed. One tablespoon of each thing and eight cups of water in a jug, I'm in heaven.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:35 AM   #14

2beautiful2Bfat HB User

I don't drink anything else do you think I'm okay with my 64 oz? I'm not sure I could drink anything else!! Oops that is not true I forgot I'm drinking a shake for breakfast and dinner at about 8oz each.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:41 AM   #15

punk_rock_Lia HB User

I would definitely increase water by about 16oz if you drink 64oz of water and 16oz of shake. That's how I started my watery ways. I would drink 64oz of water and for evey ounce of anything else that I drank, I'd add an ounce of water. And after I cut out every drink but water completely, I became leaner and more energetic. Not to mention I thought better, my period was lighter, I cramped less and slept more fitfully.

Closed Thread