It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2004, 05:16 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

goddessgrl65 HB User
weight watchers and overeating..

Hi all-
Ive been on WW for 2 weeks-lost 5 lbs the first week-this week ive had 2 really bad eating days..
last nite was a full on binge..
i read here on another thread about eating disorders-i had alot of the symptoms-i know i got problems-
Tommorow is weigh in-i got to stick to this-
I was hoping to hear some feedback-on being consistant-anyone who had success on the program-and how to curtail the munchies..
Feeling bad..
ggrl

Old 10-29-2004, 05:18 PM   #2

washee HB User
Re: weight watchers and overeating..

You don't need to stop the munchies, you just need to munch on the right things.....Cut up a bunch of carrot sticks,celery,red peppers, mushrooms, cucumber, or whatever you like to have on hand and keep in fridge for snacking. Sugar-free jello alone, or with light cool whip. Microwave popcorn, no butter. There are tons of things low calorie that you can eat, in fact WW has lists of low calorie snack foods, or you could scour the internet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2004, 06:40 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

modert HB User

Hunger is a symptom of a weakened metabolism. When your metabolism is optimized you never feel hunger. If you are experiencing hunger take that as a sign that you need to make changes to your diet - whether it be the types of foods you eat, how often you eat, or when you excercise. Something is triggering the hunger.

There are several strategies to strengthen the metabolism and you can apply them while on WW or any other diet. These strategies will help to curb your appetite:

1. Eat every 3 hours you are awake, even if you are not hungry. Eat to AVOID hunger, not because you are hungry. I recommend 5 meals, each 3 hours apart. Skipping meals, or waiting too long between meals wreaks havok on your glucose levels and will cause you to feel famished and increase the temptation to binge.

2. Drink LOTs of water. Get in half your body weight in ounces. If you weigh 150 drink 75 ounces - if you weigh 200 drink 100 ounces. Only water counts here, not diet soda or iced tea.

3. Make sure you eat enough protein with your breakfast (and with all your meals). Many people have a tendency to overdo carbs in the breakfast meal. If you increase your protein at breakfast you will not only consume fewer carbs, but the carbs you do eat will be converted into glucose more slowly. This will help to regulate your glucose levels for the ENTIRE day, which will temper your appetite.

There is more, but these tips are a good start.

Old 10-30-2004, 08:03 AM   #4

washee HB User

Yes, I agree somewhat with the above post BUT alot of overeating is emotional and that has nothing to do with hunger. Have you ever had one of those days where you aren't hungry but you just keep snacking and snacking or picking????? That WAS my MO and its alot harder to get a handle on that than pure hunger! I still have those kinds of days every once in awhile but I don't do as much damage because I have those low cal snacks around, and fortunately have progressed to the point where I am able to choose them over a gigantic bowl of ice cream

Last edited by washee; 10-30-2004 at 08:04 AM.

Old 10-30-2004, 11:01 AM   #5

tenagain HB User

I'm not the best one to give advice, because I have the same problem , but one thing that has helped me to stop the binges or to curtail them before they get too far out of control is to keep busy....when I'm having a craving I get out my scrapbooking, go clean out a closet, type a letter to a friend, or go brush my teeth....

I am on weight watchers and one thing the leaders suggest is to eat ALL of your allotted points and flex points and activity points...which does seem to help...

Closed Thread