It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 05:12 AM   #1
(female)

ivnslady2004 HB User
Anyone here have a lot to lose?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else here has a lot of weight to lose or has lost a lot of weight. I weighed in at 408 this morning and I am so sick and tired of being this fat. I'm almost 35 years old and my health is getting worse because of my weight. I was hoping to find some online friends to share stories with and support. I'm 34 and a female that has always been overweight. Thank you.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:14 PM   #2
(female)

teko2000 HB User
Re: Anyone here have a lot to lose?

Hi!
I am 36 and for about five years Ive been over weight and nothing has helped me. Im so depressed because Ive always been thin and then I had graves disease which normally makes you skinny, its a thyroid problem and it made me gain weight. Ive been 50 pounds overweight since. Im thinking about trying the insulin resistant diet because now my doc said Im type 2 diabetic. And now I just feel aweful and slowed down. Im tall so people think I need to lose weight but by the charts I should weigh about fifty pounds less. aahhhhhh

What are you doing to diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
(male)

s_mckenna HB User

i hear ya .. i'm 23 and i weigh about 350. i'm so ready to lose weight. i quit smoking cold turkey about 2 yrs ago, now i'm ready for to tackle my weight. 3 family members had the gastric bypass and did well, esp my mom, she lost 160 and looks amazing, however i want to do it naturally.

lets support each other !

Old 02-09-2005, 09:28 PM   #4

erica082e HB User

Im 22 and 221..im trying to "change my eating habits" and exercise, but I just feel like I am getting bigger and bigger. I feel like Im blowing up like a blimp. I can especially tell because my freaking chin is almost a double chin..I feel so hideous.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:02 PM   #5
(male)

s_mckenna HB User

yeah i hear ya .. my chin is sportin pudge now too ... i'm trying to cut back liquid intake to water only, and when i go shopping i plan to get a lot of greens and healthy food. I've also started to walk around my block. We can do this people we have to. My dad just had a heart attack 2 months ago, diabetic related ... diabetes runs in my family .. i need to take control of my life style or i'm going to suffer the same fate, and might not be lucky enough to survive it like he did.

Old 02-12-2005, 08:14 AM   #6
(female)

mt_girl HB User
Talking Re: Anyone here have a lot to lose?

Hello there, I started at 298 lbs a bout a month ago. I have lost 12 lbs so far but still have a ver very very long way to go. I think having a few people online to share support with would be great!
I am doing weight watchers on my own, I couldn't afford the group and I love it, it is fairly easy for me and seems to have helped me stay motivated. I also go to the gym 2 days a week for water aerobics. I drink a ton of water but because I get tired of only having water I mix it up and do chrystal light when I need a tatsty drink. My favorite is Peach tea so far.

Old 02-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #7

cynder HB User

Hi, I just turned 50! and I am up to 290! I am experiencing health problems now. I just started BP medication in Nov and it makes me feel awful tired. I really needed that. I have had a few chest pain scares. Turned out normal but I live in fear of dropping over from heart attack. Have any of you experienced be tried all the time and it being a big effort to get moving? I want SO badly to loose weight, I was thinking about weigth watchers and curves but I just dont have the energy. I am thinking of doing Jenny Craig to get some off and then turn to weight wathcers. I am so lost...I could really use some friends who understand what it feels like to be in a big body. My las doc appt I was labeled morbidly obese! That was the last straw.. Please help.
Cinder

Old 02-14-2005, 07:50 AM   #8
(female)

chesapeake girl HB User

Hello to All

I am so in there with you guys!! I am female, 38, and 252lbs. I simply hate being fat. My aunt had a lap band surgery and done wonderful, I thought that would be my answer, but my husband has said no way. Insurance won't cover it, and the risk are there. We have 2 little ones and he says he is not supporting any procedure that could take my life, when he loves me just the way I am,. But I don't. I have always hated being fat. I have tried diet after diet and I just don't have the discipline. I work out faithfully 3 times per week with aerobic conditions and weight lifting, but I am now solid, not skinny, and wear a 24 pants (that are not real loose). I am so depressed with my weight situation.

Help!!! I tried Phentermine, WeightWatchers, Body4Life,Calorie Counting; but I am not disciplined and don't know what is wrong with me.

chesapeake girl....

Old 02-15-2005, 05:48 PM   #9

miss18 HB User

Hello everyone. I totally understand how you feel. I used to weigh (my heaviest) 286 lbs. I now weigh 229 lbs. I still have about 70 lbs to go but you wouldn't believe how great I feel right now. I honestly feel like I am skinny . I know Im not but I have soo much energy. Im not really lazy any more. I can cross my legs. I am actually starting to feel good about myself again. Im married, but I'm getting looks and stares like I use to. Too top it off, I can't believe I really stuck with it this time. I have tried soo many times for years. Since I was 15, Im now 24. But I never stuck with it. I never lasted more than 7 or 8 days, but this time was it. It has only been a few months,but there is no way Im going back to the fat blimp who sat on the couch all day. When I look back, I don't even know how I lived like that or why I did when I could feel like this..The pay off feels so much better already. I don't feel inferior to everyone anymore or like I don't even exist. I feel alive again.

It is still hard, but it has become so much easier!! I just started allowing myself to have 2 cheat days a month and they don't even effect my weight.

To anyone who doesn't know where or how to start. There is no easy answer. No matter how you do it, it will be hard. For me it wasn't a feeling I had out of the blue that made me change my life. I had to make a choice. Everyday I have to make a choice and for some its every meal. But really its your choice. Thats it. Nothing more to it. No special formula. You just have to make a choice to do it, no matter how you feel. Eventually you will feel better. The first couple of weeks were hard for me but now it is much easier. It a habit. Make a committment for at least 3 weeks, to get through it, no matter what and if at the end of three weeks you don't feel better than you have a choice to go back to the way things were but I bet you choose to continue.
How about we all just start right now together? That way no one has to do it or struggle alone. Anyone in?
P.s- Another thing that gets me through, when I think about not eating healthy is that, the summer is going to be here wether I stay fat or loose this weight. I refuse to wear sweat pants, hot jeans and t-shirts another summer or walk around the park lazy sweating and tired, ruining everyone else's day cause I want to sit down or stay in the house. Once I had to get off a ride b/c I was too big. How embarressing. Im done with it, anyone else?

Old 02-15-2005, 11:46 PM   #10
(female)

Konstantine HB User

I think the worlds got a lot to lose...

I'm 19, eating dreaded college food and not sleeping enought. 5'3 and 235, I've needed to lose weight forever. I went through a stage of bulemia which left me bald and 78lbs, but the weight came back quickly. help? i'll help you too!

Old 02-16-2005, 06:43 AM   #11
(female)

NjGirl84 HB User

Hey,

I'm 20 and have been overweight my entire life. I currently am at my highest weight ever a whopping 259 lbs. Yesterday I made a decision that it has to come off after realizing that it's not normal to be winded after going up 1 flight of stairs. I'm too young to be this unhealthy. So I bought a whole bunch of healthy food apples, bananas, oranges, chicken ect. I plan on walking at least 30 minutes a day and whatever else I can if there's energy to spare.

Old 02-16-2005, 06:54 AM   #12

miss18 HB User

Hey thats great. Ngirl!!! You did a brave thing! You can do it. If you need support, Im here!!

Old 02-17-2005, 01:24 PM   #13
(female)

Bunny27 HB User

Miss18,
Hi! Well,I'm new here. I read your post, and alot of things you said reminded me of how I feel. First off, congrats! How did you loose all of that weight, if you don't mind me asking? I need help. I'm only 18, and I've been trying to loose weight since I was little. The last time I weighed myself, I was 270; the heaviest I've ever been. The ride thing happened with me once as well, about 2 years ago, and now I don't want to go back to amusement parks (which I've always loved). I'm really scared because I'm starting college next year and I don't want the desks to feel too tight. I took my SAT's at a local school, and I was really uncomfortable. What did you do? Please respond. I will greatly appreciate it. Do you take pills?

Old 02-18-2005, 01:31 AM   #14
(female)

leeanne172 HB User

My heaviest was 324 and I am now 196, my diet or "lifestyle change" is simple (at least for me) eat a normal dinner and have nothing except fruit and veggies any other time (this includes breakfast and lunch plus snacks and dessert) along with about 1 1/2 liters of water, you get lots of extra water from the fruit and veggies .. I'm losing on average of 10 pounds per months with this with little or no exercise

I'm not telling anyone to do this but it is the way I prefer to do it

Old 02-21-2005, 01:46 AM   #15
(female)

bellsudev HB User
Talking Re: Anyone here have a lot to lose?

Well I use to weight 377, I now vary between 308 and 316 I decided along time ago to quit focusing on my weight, because the more I thought about it the more I obsessed about food. The more I thought about food the more I ate. The more I ate the more weight I gained.

Once I gave my self permission to eat what I wanted, when I wanted, food didn't seem to be on my mind 24-7 and gradually I began to lose, I lost weight with out really trying, but it has been very slow.

I stay off the scale, it just tells me I am fatter then I want to be, and if I lose a couple of pounds my clothes will let me know, but the good thing is I kept off the weight. I will lose 6 or 7 pounds then gain it back, then lose it, and gain it back and then finally I'll lose it and stay there for a while, sometimes a long time, and then I'll lose a little more. 20 years ago I had my stomach stapled, I weighted 280 I lost 40 pounds and gained that back plus more until I had reached 377, after that I decided what I needed more then to lose weight was a different perspective about myself. So I accepted the fact that I didn't have will power, I didn't have the inner strength that it takes to lose a hundred or so pounds, and that I had a love affair with chocolate and sweets that could move mountains.

What I did and do is nothing, if I want pie for breakfast I have it, if I want a package of cookies I eat them out in the open and I don't hide it, when I look in the mirror, I don't particularly find the body looking back at me beautiful, but if I look long enough I find I have really pretty eyes, great hair, and nice hands, and a sharp mind, tomorrow I'll find something else thats appealing, and then I get on with the business of living. By giving yourself permission to eat the things you desire, without all the guilt and self hatred, you actually make food less desireable, because you no longer obsess over something you can have all you want of and not feel guilty having it.

It takes a while to get use to having your cake and eating it to, with out all the bad feelings. But why shouldn't you eat like everyone of your skinny friends, they eat because their hungary, they eat because they happen to enjoy certain foods, and sometimes they just double up because they feel like it. instead of thinking we are somehow different, because we're fat we have a right to eat just like they do, because it's HEALTHY, what isn't healthy is hating yourself, feeling disgusted for wanting what it is you desire, it's not healthy to starve yourself, or become a recluse, or feel ashamed of who your are.

You would have to bury me in a piano crate if I ate as much as my husband does and he's not fat, not even close, Nor would I ever think to say boy are you a pig because he just wolfed down two plates of food and washed it down with a couple bowls of cereal, instead I think boy you must have worked hard to day have some more, or boy you've got a healthy appetite, want some pie?

Stinkin thinkin goes something like this, skinny equals normal behavior, fat equals abnormal behavior. The idea is to stop thinking and acting abnormally, and start thinking and acting like all our skinny normal relatives and friends. Who exercise when they feel like it, who sleep when they feel the urge, who eat when, where, and how much they choose to. it's called normal and healthy.

Last edited by bellsudev; 02-21-2005 at 01:51 AM.

Closed Thread