It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2005, 04:59 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User
Talking Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

I posted about 3 weeks ago when I first found out from my allergist that I was allergic to yeast. I then went to the bookstore and found "The Yeast Connection Handbook". Right there in front of me were all the symptoms that I have been plagued with for years, always thinking something was really wrong with me: fatigue, depression, spaced out feeling, bloating after eating, constipation, recurrent urinary infections, acne around my chin, mood swings, and of course my most annoying symptom, inability to lose weight.

The book explains how overuse of antibiotics can alter the friendly bacteria in your body making you less tolerant to yeast. I believe women tend to suffer from this more frenquently because we tend to go to the Dr. more. Just reading the letters in the book from people whose lives have dramatically improved, I was motivated to go for it.

Dr. Crook outlines a strict yeast-free diet for the first 3 weeks and an anti-yeast pill or herbal remedy (I bought caprylic acid from health food store). At first I thought it was way too strict and nearly impossible to stick to. I was wrong. I've been living on certain veggies, chicken, turkey, and brown rice and white/sweet potatoes ocassionally.

What keeps me going is how GREAT I feel!!! Oh yes, I have also lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks!!!! My depression has lifted, I have so much more energy, my concentration has improved, my digestion has improved, my face has cleared up,I'm more motivated, my moods have stabilized, and I'm hardly ever hungry...I swear I almost have to force myself to eat, and when I do, I'm more than happy to only eat those foods on the list because this diet has really changed my life!!!! I feel like I have finally uncovered a mystery about myself, I have sensed for years that something "wasn't right with me".

I encourage anyone with the above symptoms to get tested for allergies or at least look through the book (There is a self test for yeast allergy in it). Just reading the first few pages, I felt relief knowing there has been a reason and now hope for my condition.

I will post my progress

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2005, 05:04 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User
Re: Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

I just wanted to add that I'm 37 years old and 5'4. My starting weight was 148, and I now weigh 141!!

Old 03-13-2005, 06:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Great job Kittylove!! I had similar testing to you done and that was one of the problems among many others they found with me. I also am on a yeast free diet as well as gluten and wheat free diet. I lost 10 pounds in under 6 weeks which is huge for me because I hadn't been able to budge a pound on my own for 8 months!! Its great to fianlly see all the exercising I do pay off when it never worked before with the wrong diet. I agree, the testing is worth doing, glad you are seeing such great results as well. I am 33, started at 145 pound down to 135, I'm 5'5 1/2" tall, my goal, my prepreg weight of 126, it almost seems attainable now.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:10 AM   #4

jazzyE HB User

I also had several symptoms that made no sense and after doing some extensive research, I went on the Candida diet. I started feeling so much better almost immediately! Before I start with supplements to rid myself of the yeast, I've started with Parastroy(which is a parasite cleanse) My skin is clearing up and I have way more energy among other things! The only thing is that I work out every day, pretty hard too. It's the only thing that keeps my stress levels down. So, since going on this diet and doing the cleanse I'm losing about a pound a day. I'm just worried that if the weight loss doesn't plateau soon, I'll lose too much weight.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:16 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User

JazzyE,
I'm losing about a pound every other day. According to my nutrition book, by omitting the foods that you're allergic to, your weight should stabilize. I take that to mean your body will plateau at it's healthy weight. My goal weight is 120. Today I'm 140. I'm glad this diet is working for you too!!!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 03:36 PM   #6

jazzyE HB User

Ok, so I don't know what weight I started at when I first got on the diet. I didn't start looking at the scale til last week when I started the cleanse. I know before the cleanse, it took about a month on the diet until my clothes started to fit better, some even got too big on me. The day before I started the cleanse I was at 138, I think it was last Sunday or Monday when I first weighed myself. This morning at the gym I was 128! I'm almost scared to stay in the gym, but I have to. Hopefully I won't go any lower than 115, that was my weight 4 years ago before I had my son. I'm 28 and only 5'3".

Old 03-14-2005, 05:13 PM   #7
(female)

BethyB HB User

Kittylove

First of all congratulations in finding your problem and tackling it head on! Your symptoms sound just like mine and I'll all for reading your progress. I'm heading out to buy the book TODAY

Old 03-21-2005, 12:23 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to say that I'm still following the yeast-free diet, and today I weigh 137. I started the diet around March 5th, and I weighed 148.

I hardly consider this a "diet". I'm really just eating healthy foods minus the worthless bread, alcohol, and vinegars that I was consuming. Not only do I look better, I feel GREAT! After years of struggling with extreme fatigue, depression, and mood swings, I have finally been released!

Old 03-21-2005, 05:10 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Hey Kittylove, just curious, since you can't have vinegar on a yeast free diet, what are you doing for salad dressing?

Old 03-23-2005, 01:15 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User

BlueHen,

I mix olive oil and lemon juice and add spices.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:04 AM   #11

jazzyE HB User

Hey, Kitty good for you. I'm still on it too and I'm feeling really good overall. Organic apple cider vinegar is allowed sometimes on the diet.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:12 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Hmmmm olive oil with lemon juice and spices? Well, I never would have thought? I kind of cheat with salad dressing and just have walden farms dressing that have no fat, no sugar, no carbs, no calories. I have a 75% compliance rule, so that falls into the other 25%.

Old 03-24-2005, 03:09 PM   #13
(female)

andie_20 HB User

Is the diet very restrictive like atkins?
Do the suppliments needed to cleanse yourself expensive?
I have all the symptoms...and im going to go look for the book soon...but i want to know if its "doable" for a student low on cash??

Old 03-24-2005, 04:05 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Oh the diet is stricter than atkins and yes the supplements I am taking are expensive, but I have a bunch of other issues I take supplements for so maybe if yeast was your only problem it wouldn't cost as much.

Old 03-24-2005, 09:37 PM   #15

jazzyE HB User

The supplements I'm taking were under $100 total online(I searched for the cheapest way to get them) but that's not including stuff I'll be taking once I'm finished with the cleanse to rebuild my immune and digestive system. I'm doing a rotation thing though. You could just get one of the supplements by itself(like Candida Clear or something) and they shouldn't be more than $20-25.

Closed Thread