It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 07:36 AM   #1
(female)

superherogirl80 HB User
Diet pills DO NOT work

Hello- just wanted to se what kind of success others have had...
I was a bigtime ephedra user (abuser) and lost about 20 lbs with it. Since then I have been trying different pills and found Zantrex. I liked it at first and it DOES give you energy, but I never lost any weight. I tried the hoodia and it DOES suppress your appetite but it upset my stomach.
I tried TrimSpa but felt it did nothing.
I had finally come to the conclusion that I will never get the results from anything that ephedra gave me and gave up.
I stopped taking the Zantrex on MOnday. I have lost 8 lbs since.
Go figure

Old 03-17-2005, 08:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User
Re: Diet pills DO NOT work

I here ya supergirl80. I too loved the ephedra products. I tried thermadrol, hot rox, lipovarin, trimlife and none of them work w/o the ephedra. I'm done wasting my money. I find it amazing that ephedra is illegal, but these companies are legally allowed to sell these worthless products that do nothing!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2005, 12:53 PM   #3

colors2004 HB User
Question Re: Diet pills DO NOT work

i agree they dont work that well. but i thought i would ask you if you have tried phentermine ? since you have used ephdra you may want try phentermine .
it has worked for me and so many others but its a prescription and you need to see a doctor to get phentermine . or get approved on line. it has worked well for me . it does work . good luck to all of you

Old 03-17-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
(female)

EvaDiva HB User

I use to take MetaSlim. It actually worked very will for me. My friend also takes it and she also had success. I went off them because I finally had more time to myself and could exercise (I had such a busy schedule before I could never find time to exercise).

Old 03-17-2005, 04:38 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

aquagirl007 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehen94
I here ya supergirl80. I too loved the ephedra products. I tried thermadrol, hot rox, lipovarin, trimlife and none of them work w/o the ephedra. I'm done wasting my money. I find it amazing that ephedra is illegal, but these companies are legally allowed to sell these worthless products that do nothing!!
Oh, Bluehen94, yes ephedra was effective in weight loss, but it also killed people. It is not good to artificially stimulate your central nervous system. Very hard on your heart. Ephedra causes huge increases in blood pressure. Uncontrolled high blood pressure along with exercise (which also causes a temporary increase in bp) is a disaster waiting to happen. Also, this is not something that you can take for life and be healthy. What happens when you stop taking it and you are still not exercising or eating healthy. All the wieght comes back.

Supplement companies can make any claim they want. It doesn't have to be true. It is up to the consumer to be smart enough to research what they are taking and be smart enough to realize that there is no magic pill. Weight loss and weight maintenance takes exercise and attention to diet. You have to want it bad enough to change your lifestyle and start living HEALTHY or you will never get there and you will waste a lot of money.

Old 03-17-2005, 05:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Well aquagirl, lets face it, people die from walking around with a fork (get my drift). The question is we all have to learn our limits. I always have a healthy diet 24/7 and have exercised since I was 20 which sadly is 13 years so the ephedra for me gave me that extra edge. I would always stop after a month and that last stubborn 10 pounds would be gone and stay gone with a healthy diet and continual exercise.

Old 03-18-2005, 04:59 AM   #7
(female)

superherogirl80 HB User

I have to agree with bluehen on this one- it is up to the consumer, who does have the choice to purchase something or not, the problem is that companies will tell you anything to get you to buy their product. SO while it is important to research what you are buying, if it works and gives you the effect you are going for, thats what you will buy. And how do you do research? By asking people, most of which will tell you it worked for them. But let's face it- it was a legal amphetamine so it only makes sense that they put a stop to selling it.
As for other weight loss drugs, The thing is, I don't HAVE to lose weight. I'm within the healthy weight range, actually a tad bit at the low end.
I just want something to give me extra energy because I work out alot and I work out hard. I just think it's really funny how I dropped 8 lbs in 4 days by NOT taking diet pills.

Old 03-18-2005, 06:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

Superherogirl80, that reminds me of something that happened to me about 4 years ago. I had 4 months to lose weight for a trip to Hawaii and I took all sorts of ephedra products, lost most of the weight and went to Hawaii and stopped taking everything. Came back and went into my normal workout/diet routine taking no more pills and for some odd reason I dropped another 10 pounds in 2 months taking nothing. I have no idea how it happened, but I was thrilled about it. Who knows how the body works ?

Old 04-05-2005, 05:36 AM   #9
(female)

superherogirl80 HB User

I am not having problems with my weight- I think you may have misunderstood me.
I am actually in the very low range for my height. I was merely saying that since I stopped putting harmful chemicals nito my body (which I mainly take for energy) I have lost weight.
Obviously we have spent too much money on things that dont work.
Thanks for the replies!

Old 04-05-2005, 10:05 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User

You might want to try an on-line search for Vasopro. It's got the "E" word... A little pricy, but maybe worth it, especially if you're afflicted with asthma, anyway.

Best wishes,

-EoR

Closed Thread