It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User
Colon Cleansing

Hello. I was not sure where to ask this question but since this can be related to weight loss, I thought this was the best place to ask. I have read a lot about colon cleansing. I have considered buying some of the herbal pills and using them for a month. Has anyone done this? I heard doing it is good for your body and will wipe out all of the bad toxins in your body - and may even help you to drop a few pounds.
I have recently lost a nice amount of weight, I eat very healthy now, and I feel great. I would like to try a colon cleasner but don't know if this is more of a "gimmick" or what.

Any responses are appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 04-05-2005, 06:20 AM   #2
(female)

Diane74 HB User
Re: Colon Cleansing

Hi there,

just wanted to drop a quick note. Although I don't know much about the meds you buy at the store for colon cleansings, I have started going to a homeopathic Dr. for colon cleansings. I have only done 2 treatments and so far so good. I think with the at home versions you need to have access to a bathroom at all times throughout the entire week or however long the cleansing is for. When you go to the Dr., you leave and are "cleaned out" until the next time you have your appt. For example, I had my appt. and went shopping after. Having your colon cleaned at the office is not as gross as it sounds....I have IBS-C (due to past laxative abuse I think), and have been dealing with problems for what seems like forever, and so far this is helping me. Ok, this wasn't a quick note. Let me know if you want any additional information, I'd be glad to talk to you about it. By the way, my primary Dr. had no advice for me on this subject, and really knew nothing about it when I told him I had decided to try it, so I had to research everything on my own. Hop this helped at least a little!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #3

JanetinHouston HB User

I am like Diane in that I have colonics. I had my first colonic due to my gastroenterologist not being able to figure out a solution quick enough for my IBS (I was completely not going to the bathroom and vomiting). Ever since my first one five years ago, I have gotten a colonic about once every 10-12 months.

On a daily basis I take a colon care cleanser by Natures SEcret. It is by far the best I've ever taken and it keeps you regular. I can tell when I skip a day or two. I got mine at DNC. Natures Secret also makes a colon cleanser for the cleanse you are referring to, but this multi-herb / multi-fiber regime that I take daily *rocks*!

I also take Mega Acidophilus each day to keep the healthy bacteria in my colon!

Old 04-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
(female)

luv2shop HB User

If you are planning on doing a colon clense you may want to consider going on fast or raw food diet to get the full benefit. I have had several colonics and they always recommend juice or water fasting or a raw food diet before, so that the when you clense your colon, the tarry build up (sp?) in the lining of your colon (gross, I know) is removed. I have also done a home cleansing with a psylium husk fiber (which is really gross to drink), aloe vera, and enzymes with a raw food diet. It's great, you rid your body of toxins and build up and you feel wonderful afterwards. Plus you do loss a few pounds, depending on how long you do it for.

Old 06-11-2005, 05:24 AM   #5
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

Have any of you tried the Atikin's Cleanse and Renewal Kit? I am wondering if it works or any side effects.

Old 06-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #6
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

I have had much success with UniKey's Super GI Cleanse. Besides psyllium husk powder, each capsule also contains cranberry powder, flax seed fiber, apple pectin, Cascara Sagrada, Buckthorn Bark, Rice Bran fiber, Oat Bran fiber, Alfalfa leaves, Butternut Root bark, Fennel seed, Licorice Root, Irish moss, Anise seeds, Peppermint leaves, Plant Enzyme blend (Amlase, Lipase, Cellulase and Protease enzymes) and Intestinal Flora blend (Lactobacillus acidolphilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum).

It is gentle and thorough cleansing and no fast trips to the bathroom. You can take 3-6 capsules daily followed with a glass of water.

I agree that a colonic is very cleansing, but if you prefer to try colon-cleansing supplements first, I highly recommend this product. You can also eat a low glycemic vegetable/fruit diet for a short time with the Super GI Cleanse to help get things moving. And don't forget pure cranberry juice. It helps flush out toxins and gets rid of cellulite. I've had great results after only 1 month.

Old 06-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
(female)

jtb HB User

(do not post websites) pill form of an herbal colon cleanse. I love it. I have been on and off pain meds that cause constipation on and off for 2.5 years and it kept me regular. Kelp also works great and has many vitimins and minerals as well.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-11-2005 at 05:55 PM. Reason: please do not post commercial websites in any way, even by name

Old 06-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #8
(female)

queenbluebee HB User

Which is better psyllium or cascara sagrada tablets?

I both but didn't know if they had the same effect or if one is better than the other? I've been reading about both and I am having a difficulty deciding although I am leaning towards the cascara sagrada pills.

Cascara sagrada are to be taken once a day for about a week while psyllium husk pills are taken 3 to 4 times daily.

Old 06-19-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

I only take the Super GI Cleanse capsules once a day, in the morning, with a glass of water. I've not tried the Casara Sagrada.

Closed Thread