Re: Prom/ fat gene
It's going to be very tough for you to lose that much weight in two months, but it is possible. I do not recommend any drastic cuts in calories, as you're still growing, but you can make some changes to lower bad/excess intake.
1. Drop the pop (or soda, if you must say it that way). Pop is the single worst thing you can intake, in my opinion, if you're looking to lose weight. It's nothing but empty calories with no benefit whatsoever. Juices may have calories and sugar, but at least they have vitamins and antioxidants, something your body can make use of.
2. Say 'no' to fast food. I've been off of fast food for almost a year now. Even thinking about it, I'd still like to make tyhe occassional trip to Burger King, but you know, I can't. I'm still trying to lose weight, and one of the worst things I can do is eat fast food.
3. Wave goodbye to junk food. I love Doritos. With a passion. But, I've not had any in half a year.
4. Stop snacking.
5. Don't eat late. This is another biggie. Eating late is disasterous to your weight.
6. Drink lots of water.
7. Exercise every day. Get 20-30 minutes of cardio exercise every day if possible. Jumping jacks, walking/running, and just using the stairs are great ways to get the heartrate up and fat burning. Running is a fantastic way to burn off the weight and slim up. If you're not used to it, start with telephone poles. Walk two poles, run one. Keep doing that until you can't take it anymore. In a couple weeks, walk one pole, run one. In a couple weeks, walk one, run two. And after a couple more weeks, run as long as you can without a break. It'll really work at slimming you up.
While I know that a lot of these are very hard to pull off, I can almost promise it'll work. It worked for me. I've lost 108 lbs using this method since last May. That's about 10 pounds a month, and I've had lapses here and there. If I really work at it, I can take off 15 in a month fairly efficiantly. Stick your mind to it, dedicate yourself, and you'll be 20 pounds lighter for prom and people WILL notice.