It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
(female)

rxaxn HB User
Arrow Can I lose 10-15 pounds in a month?

Hello! Iím new to this board! I have been trying to lose weight for months now and havenít really gotten any where yet. I have tried a low carb diet and lost 3 lbs in 3 days, but it made my sick and weak. Then I tried a 1,500 calorie diet, and lost 2 pounds in 2 months. Didnít like losing so slow, so I went off of it. Iíve still kept the 5 pounds off but I need to lose another 10.

Iím at 120 right now, and even though thatís suppose to be a healthy weight, Iím still chubby. Any ways I am suppose to lose my weight by the middle of May, because thatís when me and my half hubby along with some of his family are suppose to be making a trip down to this outlet mall, (we go like every other year). It was actually my idea this time, because a few months ago, I planned to lose enough weight by then to get new clothing. So my half hubby promised to get me all new cloths if I made it by then. Now I only have a month left to lose the last 10-15 lbs. Is it possible to do that? I need new cloths really bad, because I have been holding out for a long time so I could lose my weight. I just donít want to get new cloths while Iím still losing weight.

What Iím doing is, starting at 1,500 cal. and cutting another 100 cal. each week till I get down to 1,200, cutting out all the bad sugars and other junk food, and doing lots of cardio and lifting weights. Oh and trying to eat as healthy as I can. I know 1,200 isnít really healthy, but I just donít want to lose a pound a month.

Oh and by the way, I say half hubby because were arenít actually married, but have been together forever, so we say we are anyways.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2005, 12:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

EoR HB User
Re: Can I lose 10-15 pounds in a month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxaxn
Hello! Iím new to this board! I have been trying to lose weight for months now and havenít really gotten any where yet. I have tried a low carb diet and lost 3 lbs in 3 days, but it made my sick and weak. Then I tried a 1,500 calorie diet, and lost 2 pounds in 2 months. Didnít like losing so slow, so I went off of it. Iíve still kept the 5 pounds off but I need to lose another 10.

Iím at 120 right now, and even though thatís suppose to be a healthy weight, Iím still chubby. Any ways I am suppose to lose my weight by the middle of May, because thatís when me and my half hubby along with some of his family are suppose to be making a trip down to this outlet mall, (we go like every other year). It was actually my idea this time, because a few months ago, I planned to lose enough weight by then to get new clothing. So my half hubby promised to get me all new cloths if I made it by then. Now I only have a month left to lose the last 10-15 lbs. Is it possible to do that? I need new cloths really bad, because I have been holding out for a long time so I could lose my weight. I just donít want to get new cloths while Iím still losing weight.

What Iím doing is, starting at 1,500 cal. and cutting another 100 cal. each week till I get down to 1,200, cutting out all the bad sugars and other junk food, and doing lots of cardio and lifting weights. Oh and trying to eat as healthy as I can. I know 1,200 isnít really healthy, but I just donít want to lose a pound a month.

Oh and by the way, I say half hubby because were arenít actually married, but have been together forever, so we say we are anyways.
Lol. I guess I have a "half hubby," too.

I'm not sure about your question. I do know that the less you weigh, the harder it will become to lose weight. Also, if you're at your body's ideal weight, it's going to want to keep it there.

How tall are you? I'm 5' 1", and I was looking pretty smokin' at 120.

The best I can offer, I suppose, is to make sure you drink a lot of water and maybe add some fat burning foods, like: watermelon, celery, strawberries (most berries) carrots, asparagus (more I can't think of) to your diet, and see what happens. I have heard capsicum (in cayenne) can boost the metabolism, too. You can buy cayenne pepper in capsule form, but it might upset your tummy!

Best of luck and I hope you get the clothes you want!

-EoR

Old 04-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #3

bdtx82 HB User

I don't think that 1200 is too low for you at all. You need to determine your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate). You can do a search on ****** to find a formula/calculator. But I plugged in 5'2, 120 lbs, 25 year old female and got 1350 (this is affected by activity level of course). So if you are sendentary and eating 1500 a day, this is basically all your body needs, even a bit extra. So I'd suggest going down to 1200 immediately rather than later and adding in cardio and weights (low weight with more reps for toning). EoR made great suggestions for healthy foods you can try. I'd stick to lots of protein and fiber because these fill you up. Also writing down what you eat and how much can be really helpful. My sister used to insist she ate 1400 calories a day and still struggled a lot with her weight, but when we looked at portion sizes, she was more around 1900 a day and she really had no idea because she ignored the handful of M&M's or grabbing some fries off a friends plate or the fact that her large potato was more than three times the 100 cal. serving size that she was assuming.
Cutting out the sugars is a really great idea too! If you can go maybe 10 days without touching really starchy, sugary, or processed foods, I swear your cravings will completely disappear!
Good luck! I hope you get your new clothes too, that'll be a nice reward for your hard work!

Old 04-15-2005, 02:24 PM   #4

dreeeemer HB User

Short answer? No. You can not loose 10-15 pounds in a month.

At 120 you would have to be shorter than 5'0" to NOT be consitered Normal or underweight. I can guarantee that your body is going to want to hold on to the weight that you have now. You CAN loose it, but I woudl think it will take longer than a month, probably a pound a week is all you can loose safely, so think 10-15 weeks. But I do think if you are that short, that your calorie target is ok. If you are taller than about 5'2" then I think you probably should not be on a calorie restrictive diet, and should probably stay around 120.

Last edited by dreeeemer; 04-15-2005 at 02:25 PM.

Old 04-15-2005, 03:54 PM   #5
(female)

rxaxn HB User

Thank you so much. I didnít really expect such good answers. I have calculated my calorie needs to maintain my weight each day, and then took off 500 calories and it actually was lower then 1,200 cals a day. I donít really want to go under 1,200 though. Any ways I am 5í4 and used to be a very small person and have never had a weight problem in my life before I started gaining weight for a number of reasons. Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely try them out, and Iím going to just go straight to 1,200 now.

Oh and dreeeemer, no offence to you or anything, but I donít think not watching my calories is going to help me much, and I know it might not be possible to lose the weight by then, but Iím still going to try. And another thing, you are right that this is usually a great weight for most people, but in my case its not. My body fat is just above healthy meaning its unhealthy, and I am considered an apple shape which is also unhealthy. I have also read about a woman who only weighed 150 and was considered obese because her body fat % was so high, so I know its possible to be unhealthy even at 120, depending on your body fat. I also agree with you on losing the weight slower, which was my plan, but because of diet after diet, and none of them working well I have a lot less time.
I'm really sorry if any of that sounded rude by the way, I wasn't trying to be, and I hope you didn't take any of that the wrong way .

Old 04-16-2005, 02:29 PM   #6
(female)

GracielaWhite HB User
Unhappy Re: Can I lose 10-15 pounds in a month?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EoR

How tall are you? I'm 5' 1", and I was looking pretty smokin' at 120.
-EoR
Erg! Lucky! I want to weight 120, 'cause I'm 5'1, I want to be smokin' too! Lolz...

Closed Thread