It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
(female)

missmanda05 HB User
Question Eating Healthy is Hard

Hi everyone, I am 28 year odl female..I weight 162 and i'm only 5'2... I am a curvy girl and love most parts of my body. Just wish I could tone some parts so I am trying to eat healthy...I am not big on exercise I will admit but I do get so walking and some yard work done..So I guess that counts right? Any how I am writing down everything I eat and have done this for two weeks now...Looking back on my log I did pretty good and the only time that I have a prob with is After dinner snack...While my family is eating cookies ice cream or cakes..I have fruit which I adore and maybe a special k bar...thats okay but I feel like I am leftout of this time and dont know what to do...I tried getting my family to eat this healthy way that I am eating...Didnt work so I just sit and eat my fruit or whatever and they devore their yummy treats....I have stayed way from them but dont know how much longer it can last...Does anybody have any options that may help me I would really appreciate it...THanks a bunches!

Old 04-26-2005, 05:08 PM   #2
Veteran

rach12 HB User
Re: Eating Healthy is Hard

Well you have to WANT to eat and be healthy to stick to a plan. What do you want more? Cake or a healthy long life. Trust me when your family starts to see your weight loss they will be the ones wanting what you are having.
When you see them eating the cakes and stuff go in the other room. That is also a good time to go for a walk. A good support system is an important key to weight loss. You can alway come and log on here when you are feeling like you described. Talk to them too when your family is eating those things and you feel tempted. Good luck.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-27-2005 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Members may not post anything about other message forums/chats/boards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2005, 09:03 AM   #3
(female)

x-life HB User

yep if you want to change your health and your families health, you need to stick to your healthy eating. When they see the results of your healthy eating they will follow you. In order to change others you first need to change so change for the good

Old 04-27-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
(female)

charcharlotte HB User

The first two posts are the right message. I'm sure many will disagree with me, but...

In my experience, not feeling deprived keeps me eating healthy. sugar-free jello is only 10 cals, breyer's makes fruit popcicles that are 50 calories, no pudge makes 100 calorie chocolate eclair icecream treats, klondike makes 140 calorie delicious ice cream sandwiches.

Another consideration: Special K, which is loaded with refined carbohydrates and has virtually no dietary fiber is turned into the same kind of sugar as icecream or cookies anyway. from the ZONE: "..believe it or not, refined table sugar has a lower glycemic index than typical breakfast cereals.....[that] virtually sprint from the liver back into the bloodstream. When a carbohydrate enters the bloodstram too fast, the pancreas responds by secreting high levels of insulin. While that brings the blood-sugar level down, it also tells the body to store fat and keep it stored."
So, would you rather have that cereal or a reduced-fat/calorie ice cream treat?

I need a little indulgence to stay on track. It's what works for me....

Old 04-27-2005, 02:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

bluehen94 HB User

I know its hard when your family eats unhealthy. I deal with it daily with my husband and monthly with my inlaws/sister n law. I even end up having to buy the junk for my husband. He asks me too and I don't believe its my job to regulate his junk food eating so I will buy what he asks. I am the one who is healthy and in shape and he is the one who feels like crap, has no energy, has gained weight (only a little, I hate that men get away with that), and can't fit into his jeans. I have a rough time with my inlaws because not only do they eat unhealthy they like to make fun of me for always sticking to a healthy lifestyle. Again I am the one who has the last laugh. Like the other posters say, stick with it and you will have the last laugh.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:25 PM   #6
(female)

missmanda05 HB User
Talking Re: Eating Healthy is Hard

Thanks guys so much for all your help...I didnt know about the special k thing..yes I would rather have icecream than cereal *smiles*...
Yes I will have the last laugh but thing is I want more than anything for my family to be healthy.. I know I cant make them and I know its gotta be a thing of will...I guess I have gained more will since my family eats the unhealthy stuff and I stick to healthy...I guess they do help me in that way but sure wish they would try to eat healthy...Thanks again guys and I really appreciate your help!!!

Closed Thread