It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2005, 02:51 PM   #1
(male)

walkers HB User
Exclamation Lost weight in my face (Please read)

Hi,

everyone keeps telling me i look thinner, and that i look like im a little bit ill... but i still have a belly (not really that big)
I'm 19 btw, and my face is starting to look a bit thinner and droopier.. around my eyes look ghaunted like...

For the past few months i've been eating daily turkey slices with 2% fat, i eat that in sandwhiches usually in white bread with butter of course :P

That was my approach to loose a little bit of weight but i like to eat it too...

but over these past few months last 6 or so i've lose weight in my face and little (NOT ALOT) around my body...

but my face doesnt look right it looks a bit thing around my eyes is this due to my eating habits or something else?

I sually eat these sandwhiches like this 2 slices of bread (3 slices) cut diagonally, then one slice with 2 slices together and crossed over... then i have a sunny d (1 pint glass) i've been on this habit for a few good months...

I'm a bit concerned about my face though please help!

Old 05-25-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Re: Lost weight in my face (Please read)

The face is the first place people lose weight. This is normal. Do you exercise and eat 1400-1800 calories a day? If you eat too little calories and don't exercise you lose fat as well as muscle and this could possibly be why you don't notice a change in other parts of your body. Just a thought.
Bella

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 06:22 PM   #3
(male)

walkers HB User

Hi thank you Bella for you reply...

i'm not sure how many calories i eat everyday, to be honest... sometimes i eat one or two sweets etc... but not alot that makes a difference to the style i am eating...

I dont really exercise except play football or do jobs around the house football in the back garden with my brother... we play for about an hour but dont run a huge lot (we do get out of breath tho so yea we do run hehe)

but i dont exercise oftenly...

So, what can i do to make my face look younger again im just 19! (it feels a bit boney around my eye socket and cheek part

Old 05-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

The only thing I would suggest is make sure you are well hydrated (drink LOTS of water). This helps plump skin and should help a bit. If it really bothers you, see a dermatalogist or your primary care physician for help. I know there are injections that can help (seems tooooooo invasive though at your age). Since you are a male you should actually be getting 2000-2500 caloris a day. And you seem to bee getting decent exercise but you may want to include stomach crunches and some weight lifting to build muscle. If I think of any suggestions...I will let you know. Hope this helps.
Bella

Old 05-26-2005, 03:43 AM   #5
(female)

SaabGirl HB User

I would guess your face looks like that because you aren't getting the vitamins and minerals your body needs to fluorish. If you're not eating enough, your body isn't getting all of the things it used to get (that it needs).

Old 05-26-2005, 05:01 AM   #6
(male)

walkers HB User

Thank you both i'll stuff my face ( 2 kebabs this morning) was hungry lol

i'll stop eating just the turkey sandwhiches... and try taking vitamins etc... (not completly stop but change my diet)

its thin around the eye socket cheek area...

thank you both, post back soon if i see any changes lol

Old 05-26-2005, 07:10 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

walkers,
Unfortunately, the truth is that plumper faces look healthier and younger...ALWAYS.

There's nothing that can be done short of sugery to get that "Joan Rivers, no this isn't a zit it's my NAVEL" look...tight as a drumhead.
Facial fat plumps out wrinkles, lifts sags, fills in eyebags and covers the striated neck etc., etc. If one is to go bone thin, one had best have the bones of a Katherine Hepburn or Maria Shriver Kennedy Schwartenegger.
The rest of us mere mortals don't look good gaunt. Bodies YES, faces, alas, NO.

Last edited by Lenin; 05-30-2005 at 07:47 AM.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:12 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

Hey I think you may be lacking in B vitamins, which I just read could cause some of your concerns. Try taking a multivitamin and also X-tra folic acid and along with eating a better diet: mainly fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, lean meats (I suggest soy-based foods, since I rarely eat meats) and lots of water. Good Luck .
Bella

Last edited by tattoogirl; 05-26-2005 at 07:13 AM.

Old 05-26-2005, 02:22 PM   #9
(female)

tinarr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoos
The face is the first place people lose weight. This is normal. Do you exercise and eat 1400-1800 calories a day? If you eat too little calories and don't exercise you lose fat as well as muscle and this could possibly be why you don't notice a change in other parts of your body. Just a thought.
Bella
not to me! i want my darn double chin to go finally!

Old 05-27-2005, 03:51 AM   #10
(male)

walkers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoos
Hey I think you may be lacking in B vitamins, which I just read could cause some of your concerns. Try taking a multivitamin and also X-tra folic acid and along with eating a better diet: mainly fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, lean meats (I suggest soy-based foods, since I rarely eat meats) and lots of water. Good Luck .
Bella

Hi again all, thanks for your replies.

And thank you tattoos... I starting from today am taking sandodean multivitimins... it has alot of stuff in it... RDA stuff etc vitimin a c d e and b6 and other stuff...

I looked on the turkey I was eating... it says it only has 97kcal of energy I don't have a clue how this nutrional stuff works... but If I could e-mail you a picture of the stats of both the multivitimins and the turkey that will help you understand exactly... what I've been eating for a while (not the vitimins just the turkey sandwhiches)

[ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

but If im not completly stupid then I was getting around 300 - 1000 or less kcal of energy a day for a while I'm not sure but, i think if I can e-mail you tattoos if its ok, then it will help?

I'm just slightly concerened cause I think I look a little bit ill like, and feel a little bit like i cant be bothered to do anything... maybe because i dont have enough energy? I don't know!

Thanks everyone again...

[ please carefully review the posting rules - no emails ]

[ Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board. ]

Last edited by moderator2; 05-27-2005 at 06:26 AM. Reason: The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Closed Thread