It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User
Ideas for loosing weight while Nursing?

I always gain weight while nursing ( this is my 4th baby) anybody with any suggestion's to help me loose the weight.I was a 6 before now i am a 12!!!I have been smoke free for almost 2 yrs..I just can't seem to give up my soft drinks..I know i drink a 6pk if not more a day..I know that is not good while nursing, but it is my weakness....Any suggestions?

Ralinda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

4schmitts HB User
Re: Ideas for loosing weight while Nursing?

hello! I am currently nursing my 2nd baby- she's 8 months and have found it really easy to lose weight. BUT, this is how I Do it- an hour of cardio 5 days a week- this is running or powerwalking or elliptical trainer. 4 mini-meals around 500 cals each of lean protein, complex carbs (brown rice, sweet potatoes ect) lots of veggies and fruit. I quit eating after dinner- no night time snacking and when I am trying to lose weight I go to bed hungry. I never drink anything with calories, just water and crystal light. You have to make it a lifestyle and stick with it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
(female)

Ralinda30 HB User

I know if i quit drinking all the soda's I would drop alot of this weight..I am not a junk food eater and I do eat alot of veggies..I only gained 18p during my pregnancy(of course i had alot of water to drink) and here i am putting on all this weight..I think some of it may be stress, my husband has came home from Iraq very sick...I know I have got to get this weight off..I have got to get motivated. I went and bought a treadmill used it for 1 mo and quit..I am going to get back on the treadmill and only allow myself 2 soda's per day..Wish me luck....Ralinda

Old 05-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #4
(female)

Mama2QTZ HB User

After my secind baby I decided to do the Weight Watchers at home program. (cheaper than meetings ) I started when she was 4 months old and only breastfeeding, at first i thought I'd have to stop it seemed like my milk disappeared for the first 3 days and she was nursing all the time, then my body regulated itself and my milk came back. I managed to lose 25lbs doing WW, then another 15 adding exercise. I never drank anything with sugar in it, and with WW you have to get your Fruit and veggies. Plus I always try to stop eating anything 3 hours before bed. It's been almost four years and the weight has pretty much managed to stay gone, I still have the 10lb gain w/the 10lb loss occasionally. Good Luck!!

Old 05-29-2005, 05:25 PM   #5

Atlantic Salmon HB User

If you find it difficult on your body to cut back so much soda at once, try one can less a day. Also try juice with carbon water (I love it!). I used to drink 3-4 cans of pop a day. My brother bet me 100$ to stop for a whole year... and I did it! Come a year, I oculdn't even drink a quarter can of pop because it was so hard on my stomach. I was only 14 or 15 at the time too!

You can do it!!!

Good luck!!

Closed Thread