It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2005, 05:29 PM   #1
(female)

girlwitstyle HB User
Unhappy 3 months regime, NO POUNDS LOST!

Hello,

I have been going to the gym RELIGIOUSLY for over 3 months. I always do: 45-50 minutes of intense cardio (Bike or Elliptical machine) which I usually burn 450-500 calories. I also do 30 minutes of weight or the punching bag. I do 4 sets of 10, at a low weight on arms, and a heavier weight for legs. I do this 4 times a week and we also hike once a week.
I have cut down all my portions, and generally eat well.

For breakfast, I eat granola or special K with skim milk. A small lunch. Snacks include soy chips or almonds. I cut out chocolate. I eat smaller portions at dinner and have cut out any creamy sauces or anything very fattening.
I would say that I average 1400 calories a day. I have a large sized frame, am 5ft11 and have never been really skinny...Then work got very crazy and I started skipping meals, eating bad food late and started piling it back on, I think this ruined my metabolism.
I rejoined the gym, quit my job, now am working for myself, eating very regularly. I feel that my metabolism has halted though and it will not work again!

I am doing everything I should...I cannot see why my body cannot lose the weight. My husband also has the same "diet" and excerise regime (we do it together) and he has lost lots of weight and looks great and all his clothes are huge....whearas nothing has changed for me and I'm so frustrated!

Please help..any advice would be great....
very unhappy camper.

Last edited by girlwitstyle; 09-05-2006 at 02:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 07:54 PM   #2

jenna1 HB User
Re: 3 months regime, NO POUNDS LOST!

With all that exercise, I wouldn't be surprised if you're building muscle and that's why you're not seeing pounds lost on the scale. I'd suggest measuring to see if you've lost inches and go by how you look in the mirror.

I also think you should up your calories to about 1800 especially considering your exercise routine. Make sure you're eating 5-6 small meals a day with protein as your focus. Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, and even eggs are a great source of protein.

*One of the worst things you can do is compare yourself to your husband because men are going to lose weight faster than us women.

If there's anything that stands out about your regimen it's your calorie intake - try and up them and see if you have weight loss.

Last edited by jenna1; 06-02-2005 at 07:56 PM.

Old 06-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #3
(female)

girlwitstyle HB User

I'll try that...the thing is the first 6 weeks I was on 1700 calories and nothing, so my doctor recommended cutting down to 1400.
i do feel firmer (my thighs and arms) but my clothes feel the same. My husband says he sees some difference...but why won't the scale change?
I don't want to gain more weight? and I don't want all the fat to turn to muscle or i'll get "big" right? It's like I need to eliminate the bulk first before training muscles...I don't know.

Do you think I should try a weight loss drug? my doctor suggested it as he can see this has been a struggle what with working so hard but no results.

thanks for the advice!

Old 06-02-2005, 11:44 PM   #4
(male)

Dexter77 HB User

You won't turn to big if you gain muscle, it will just help you have a nice and lean body once you lose your excess bodyfat, and also the more muscle you have the more calories you can burn.

I think your weight gain comes from muscle gains. Use your mirror, and never the scale.

I would eat six normal meals (not snacks) each day, each containing lean protein and some complex carbs (veggies always + some other in the morning and early afternoon). Each meal is a boost to your metabolism. Consume healthy fats such as flaxseed/olive oil, fish, etc. I would dare increasing your calorie-intake because your training routine seems very intense. If you do not eat enough, your body may slow your metabolism down to survive with the low level of calorie intake.

Closed Thread