It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
(female)

SeaBreezes HB User
Anyone have good suggestions for dealing with cellulite?

Agh! The dreaded word ~ cellulite! It's the worst, isn't it? How do you get rid of it, or reduce the appearance of it? Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 05:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User
Re: Anyone have good suggestions for dealing with cellulite?

to reduce cellulite, excercise is pretty much the only thing that works. a combination on jogging, cycling, squats and lunges should sort you out

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2005, 01:16 PM   #3
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

Pure cranberry juice, about 8oz a day, straight or diluted and rebounding on a mini-trampoline will get rid of cellulite. You can sweeten the cranberry juice if necessary, but it must be pure cranberry juice, NOT the kind you find in the grocery store. I make my own cranberry juice from fresh cranberries. You have to buy them in season from Oct. - Dec and freeze until you make the juice from them.

You can also buy cranberry concentrate and use as directed on bottle or dilute even a little more than suggested.

You'll find the best quality at a health food store. The grocery store brands have other fruit juices and sugars included.

Get a good-quality mini-trampoline/rebounder and jump on it about 10 minutes a day, increasing as you desire.

These two in combination really works.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:02 AM   #4

ol'lady HB User

Sonflower,
In regards to the jumping on the mini trampoline to help with cellulite--what is the best technique?
--jumping straight up and down with feet together or as if you are jogging?
My daughter runs on one-I might just have to get on it myself! Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 07-09-2005, 08:10 PM   #5
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

I'm sure the most effective would be jumping jacks, but at my age I do well to jump up and down, or to do heel/toe lifts with a balance bar. Any one of these methods will do the job, though. I learned about the benefits of jumping on a mini-trampoline, and drinking cranberry juice to help get rid of the cellulite in the book "The Fat Flush Plan" by Ann Louise Gittleman.

I bet you'll enjoy using one.

Old 07-09-2005, 09:07 PM   #6
(female)

lucylicious HB User

This is going to sound bizarre, but here's a trick that models use: rub coffee grounds on your skin. It should firm it and help tackle cellulite. Why does it work? As you may know, one of the prime ingredients in anti-cellulite products is caffeine...which coffee obviously has a lot of.

Old 07-11-2005, 01:58 PM   #7
Inactive

poohbearspal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonflower1116
Pure cranberry juice, about 8oz a day, straight or diluted and rebounding on a mini-trampoline will get rid of cellulite.
Sonflower, I had heard about Cranberry juice but honestly, I just couldn't believe it! It seems to good to be true. Can you tell me how long you had to drink it before you noticed results? Did it get rid of ALL your cellulite?

Thanks!

Old 07-19-2005, 06:50 AM   #8

ol'lady HB User

Sonflower,
Thanks for the reply on rebounding. Jumping jacks - they wear me out!!!!
But I do feel the burn, so I bet they do a good job with toning while rebounding. I have asthma, so it's hard for me to do it for very long at a time. Plus I'm 43- not exactly at my prime physically. Does it still work it you break it up into several smaller increments during the day rather than jumping for 10 - 20 minutes straight? I'm sure it would do better the longer you can jump at a time, but I get so winded!

Old 07-20-2005, 09:14 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User

Cellulite is just fat. If you want to get rid of it, treat it exactly how you treat other body fat. The only way to get rid of it is through proper diet and exercise. Drinking cranberry juice or rubbing coffee grounds on your skin won't do a thing. There's absolutely nothing special about cranberry juice that targets cellulite. It can't distinguish between cellulite and other body fat because there is no difference. Focus on doing lots of cardio to burn off the fat and weight training to firm up the skin. Using an elliptical is great because not only does it help you burn fat, but it provides resistance helping to firm up the skin. Another great way to firm up your legs is by doing squats and leg curls. But please, PLEASE don't go run out and buy a bunch of cranberry juice. If anything, you should be avoiding liquid calories cause the body doesn't expend calories to digest it. You're better off eating whole cranberries than drinking the juice.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:46 AM   #10
(female)

sorrel2 HB User

I think the reason cranberry juice is sometimes suggested is because it has a mild diuretic effect. "Cellulite" (which is not a real phenomenon in any kind of medical sense ... it's just a term invented by women's magazines or something) comes from the expansion of fat cells that are trapped within a net of connective tissue under the skin. Fluid retention is actually more of a factor in cellulite than the amount of fat you have. Of course losing fat will probably help, but then ... skinny people can have cellulite too, and some fat people do not have cellulite. Rubbing coffee on your skin is kind of questionable, but drinking it might help (it's a diuretic.) Exercise helps mostly because it mobilizes fluid, and secondarily because it might contribute to fat loss.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:21 PM   #11
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'lady
Sonflower,
Thanks for the reply on rebounding. Jumping jacks - they wear me out!!!!
But I do feel the burn, so I bet they do a good job with toning while rebounding. I have asthma, so it's hard for me to do it for very long at a time. Plus I'm 43- not exactly at my prime physically. Does it still work it you break it up into several smaller increments during the day rather than jumping for 10 - 20 minutes straight? I'm sure it would do better the longer you can jump at a time, but I get so winded!

I usually break up the rebounding into several minutes, several times a day. I'm 64 so I can't do jumping jacks either. I mostly do heel-toe lifts, and the time varies, depending on how I'm feeling that day. When I'm watching TV, I can bounce much longer. Right now, the heat is really bad where I live and even with the AC on, it gets hot jumping for very long.

Old 07-22-2005, 06:29 PM   #12
(female)

Sonflower1116 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearspal
Sonflower, I had heard about Cranberry juice but honestly, I just couldn't believe it! It seems to good to be true. Can you tell me how long you had to drink it before you noticed results? Did it get rid of ALL your cellulite?

Thanks!
I've been on the Fat Flush Plan, (Ann Louise Gittleman) for about 2 1/2 years, mainly on Phase 3 maintenance at the present. I've been drinking 8oz of cranberry juice, diluted, every day since I first started this lifestyle diet plan. I have no cellulite. Many, many of the other Fat Flusher's (as we call ourselves) have personally testified that they, too, now have no cellulite after being on the program for only months. I'm sure that the cranberry juice, alone, has not rid us of cellulite, but it certainly helps flush it, as well as toxins, out of the body as it is indeed a great diuretic. In fact, my doctor took me off of prescription diuretics after taking it for 10 years when I told her I was drinking the cranberry juice.

At least you can give it a try and see for yourself. Cranberries have many great nutritional properties and it is fast becoming a very popular choice of a healthy juice to drink as compared to many others that are on the market. Just be sure to get pure cranberry juice, not the mixed juice with added sugar that is sold in the supermarkets. Personally, I make my own juice from fresh/frozen berries. I buy them by the case in season (in the Fall) and freeze for use throughout the year. Do a web search on cranberries/juice to learn how great they are.

Last edited by Sonflower1116; 07-22-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Closed Thread