It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 12:12 AM   #1
(female)

midwestmom HB User
green tea pills

i've heard taking green tea pills is a great way to lose weight. but i'm chicken. everytime i go to walmart, i pass by them, stop and look at them, read the box, chicken out and put it back on the shelf. anyone tried it? what did you think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #2
(female)

sramosmo HB User
Re: green tea pills

Hi midwestmom

Like you I was afraid to try any pills, specially the green tea. I first tried to use some apple cider vinegar pills, which turned my stomach upside down, I didn't lose any weight so I stopped. Then I read about the Maggie Drozd method which is a combination of green tea pills, spice pills and a diet where you combine types of foods. I have been taking the green tea pills for 12 days and I haven't had any problems with them. Of course I take it in the mornings and early afternoon so that I avoid the night because they might not let you sleep well. I feel good and I have lost weight. However you have to understand that the pills alone won't make you lose weight. You need to combine it with a good diet and exercise. The pills just help your body metabolize faster. I guess my point is that I would recommend them but for you to see results you have to excercise and eat well.

Hope this helps answering your question.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Bell Jar HB User

Green tea pills aren't going to make any noticeable difference in fat loss.

Old 08-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmom
i've heard taking green tea pills is a great way to lose weight. but i'm chicken. everytime i go to walmart, i pass by them, stop and look at them, read the box, chicken out and put it back on the shelf. anyone tried it? what did you think?
green tea is completely safe and has health benefits as well.

look for a product that has high EGCG content.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:10 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

W3IGHTL0SS HB User
Smile Re: green tea pills

I overheard that Green Tea Pills reduce fat also... and everytime I am at Walmart or Kmart... I stare them down as well, ahah... but I'm not really into taking pills for weightloss. Obviously pills don't work, because if they did, there wouldn't be so many different types. There would only be ONE... ( the one that worked )... Hopefully you readers are capable of understanding what I just said...

Plus, even if pills did work... that'd be too easy, just taking pills... you gotta actually get out there and excercise... eat right... and try hard for what you want.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:18 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3IGHTL0SS
I overheard that Green Tea Pills reduce fat also... and everytime I am at Walmart or Kmart... I stare them down as well, ahah... but I'm not really into taking pills for weightloss. Obviously pills don't work, because if they did, there wouldn't be so many different types. There would only be ONE... ( the one that worked )... Hopefully you readers are capable of understanding what I just said...

not really. Thats like saying everyone should eat the same diet. Individual response to various drugs, supplements and foods varies considerably.

there are many causes of metabolic issues, supplements and dietary changes may be used to address these. But the supplement and/or dietary change should be tailored to your individual metabolic issues, which as you might guess vary considerably.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #7
(female)

dachshundgirl HB User

would just drinking a cup of green tea give you the same benefits as the pills?

Old 08-17-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

W3IGHTL0SS HB User

Mmm, the taste of Arizona Green Tea...

Old 08-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dachshundgirl
would just drinking a cup of green tea give you the same benefits as the pills?
depends on the type of green tea used and how it compares to the extract.

the two most important things from a metabolic standpoint are CAFFEINE content and EGCG content. The average content of a cup of commercial green tea is 60-120mg. a good extract will have 200-240mg of EGCG per capsule- some with and some without caffiene.

Closed Thread