It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

Vixen541 HB User
Please help, almost there but am lost.

Hey guys. I am 7 to 13 pounds ( I would be happy at either) away from my goal weight. I can't seem to get there. I've done the 6 small meals a day thing, the cut calories thing. I eat healthy, very little splurging on goodies. I work out. I do the treadmill on high inclines, I do yoga. I do weight training. Of course I don't do it all at once, I switch up days. But I am lost. I have changed my habits tremendously and can't lose a thing. Any advice?

Old 10-04-2005, 04:06 AM   #2
(male)

planbee HB User
Re: Please help, almost there but am lost.

Do you have a cut off time for eating at night. I have given myself a cut off time of 7:30pm and according to an expert on "Oprah" that i didn't mean to watch last night, just happened to be on and couldn't find the remote, that if you cut out eating food about 2 hours before you hit the sack, you will automatically lose some weight. If you think about it, it makes sense. You eat food to keep your body going, so if you eat just before you go to bed, the food is just going to be sitting in your stomach and hardly any of it is going to be used which in terms will then just get stored as fat. If you haven't given yourself a cut off time, you might wanna think about trying it. But because most people's bed times fluctuate, it's easier to give yourself a specific time to not eat after that time. Also try upping your water intake. Not sure how much you are drinking at the moment, but water is not only good for weightloss, it's generally good for your entire body. It helps regulate your body temperature, helps remove waste from your body, helps cushion joints and strengthen muscles. Woops, kinda got a bit carried away from the topic there, sorry! Other than that, try increasing your cardio vascular exercise, more vigorous, longer work out etc. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2005, 07:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Please help, almost there but am lost.

Keep doing what you are doing, Vixen. Since our weight goes up and down almost daily, a 100 calorie deficit that gives a pound loss a month can often escape notice, but it really IS the best way to lose weight.

I'm sure if you continue doing what gave you your loss, it will contimue to pay off only slower and slower.

The body goves off the last of it's fat very sparingly and only if you convince it you aren't starving from famine (the metabolism has no eyes.) Don't do anything drastic to spook it. SLLLOOOOWWW and steady.

Closed Thread