It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2005, 06:33 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
Best diet Pills

I searched the internet and couldn't find any real HARD evidence or reviews on diet aids. So, i'm going to ask you all....What do YOU reccommend? What worked for YOU and how much/where did you get it? I need a well working pill to aid in my battle to lose over 50 pounds. Thanks

Last edited by moderator2; 10-17-2005 at 03:55 PM.

Old 10-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
(male)

Dales HB User
Re: Best diet Pills

well you no what...you dont need diet pills...I have to date lost 45 lbs in 8 months without taking diet pills....all you need is to focus keep focused and never give up. I no it is very very hard and stressful but in the end you will be a new person. One night actually It just hit me I was gonna loose this weigth keep it off and never be over weigth again. IN the past I tried dieting 4 other times with no result that was because I was not ready. You have to set goals meet them and the best reward of all is feeling good about yourself!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2005, 06:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

So, what are you doing? I have been drinking about 11 glasses of water a day, and eating 100 calories snacks throughout the day...I end up coming home from school and eating over 500 calories....for just a SNACK! I can't help what im doing because I can't have a regular lunch...not an option...any ideas? Breakfast ranges from 100 to 200 calories then about an hour and a half later a snack...until 2:30 when I overeat...then I go to work come home and eat dinner...I'm taking calcium pills, multi vitamins and getting really sick of being fat...I just wanted to resort to pills again because I need to lose 60 pounds!
Oh and I wanted to add that I do about 10 minutes of exercise 3x a week...its not alot but im very lazy..so this is good for me

Last edited by boicrazy3188; 10-16-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Old 10-16-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
(male)

Dales HB User

Hey You just gotta try your best...I have a question ..how much do you weigh and what is your age?

heres one of my eating plans

Breakfast-Cereal/or and egg
Snack-sum type of fruit or veggie
Lunch- salad/soup
Snack-sum type of fruit of veggie
Supper-meat/soup/salad

I also go to school, work everyday after school and everyweekend..its really hard but you just gotta try your best

Old 10-17-2005, 02:36 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

George Jong HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boicrazy3188
So, what are you doing? I have been drinking about 11 glasses of water a day, and eating 100 calories snacks throughout the day...I end up coming home from school and eating over 500 calories....for just a SNACK! I can't help what im doing because I can't have a regular lunch...not an option...any ideas? Breakfast ranges from 100 to 200 calories then about an hour and a half later a snack...until 2:30 when I overeat...then I go to work come home and eat dinner...I'm taking calcium pills, multi vitamins and getting really sick of being fat...I just wanted to resort to pills again because I need to lose 60 pounds!
Oh and I wanted to add that I do about 10 minutes of exercise 3x a week...its not alot but im very lazy..so this is good for me
Have you ever heard that Fat is an Acid Problem? Your body stores fat as a way to neutralize the acid in your body. The same is true for cholesterol. When you eat sugar, animal protein, or un-natural chemicals like MSG, acidic by-products are produced. Talk to any dentist and he will tell you that it is not the sugar that makes cavities...it's the bacteria in your mouth eating the sugar and producing acid waste that makes the holes in your teeth. So if acid can make holes in your teeth imagine what it does to your organs and internal tissue. The body has to balance this by pulling the acid into the fat cells and neutralize them with fat...or cholesterol coats the arteries so that the acid doesn't burn a hole in the delicate tissue (and if too much cholesterol accumulates...heart attack)

There are so many health problems directly related to acid. You can read about it all over the net. I actually saw an interview on CNN with the doctor that found these results. If you want the link to watch the interview...just let me know.

Good Luck!

Last edited by George Jong; 10-17-2005 at 02:54 PM.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User

Then why is apple cider vinegar used for weight loss? If you need to store fat to neutralize it? And how is eating lemons etc. good?

Old 10-17-2005, 04:16 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

Thats gross about the acid. I can't imagine what i'm eating that damaging my organs! I do know that the apple cider vinegar is a Diureticm which means it flushes your system of excess water. So you don't lose weight, you just lose water. thats the misconception about ACV. it doesn't help you lose weight. Water on the other hand....does. Drink it. I weight about 180 pounds im 5 ft 3 and 17 years old. I've been "fat" since I was 11 and trying to lose weight since i was....well...11. So, i've been struggling for a long time.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #8
(male)

Dales HB User

Dont take apple cider vinigar pills they are a watse of time and you can screw up yer kidneys with it. All you have to do is eat healthy meals that rang from 1200-1400 calories per day and exercise 20 mins a day and youll loose the weight you want. trust me it works i lost 45 lbs buy just fallowing those simple rules

Old 10-18-2005, 02:03 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dales
Dont take apple cider vinigar pills they are a watse of time and you can screw up yer kidneys with it. All you have to do is eat healthy meals that rang from 1200-1400 calories per day and exercise 20 mins a day and youll loose the weight you want. trust me it works i lost 45 lbs buy just fallowing those simple rules
Crap, I used to drink like a tablespoon a day for about a month. Are my kidneys still alright? I thought it wouldn't hurt to use because I read it wasn't only used to lose weight, but also for general health, flushes out toxins, might work against allergies, etc.

Last edited by justanothagirl; 10-18-2005 at 02:04 AM.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:28 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

No no no. It wont damage anything. Its actually good for you. Just don't take if for weight loss...wont work...but it does help to flush out water

Old 10-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #11
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

apple cider vinegar is supposed to increase glucose clearance and insulin sensitivity ( which will generally help you lose weight), though its unproven and there is no research behind it.

for a good fat burner
Thermorexin

For improved glucose clearance
Insulow (R+ lipoic and biotin)

one of the best tools in weight loss is water, most americans are chronically dehydrated which impairs insulin sensentivity and metabolism (as well as energy levels). Consume at least 1 gallon per 130lbs of body weight (if you eat high protein 1 gallon per 110lbs)

Old 10-18-2005, 08:48 PM   #12
(female)

LesLy HB User

Is it really true that you lose weight if you drink water? Well.. It has not helped me at all... A few months ago my neurologist started me on Topamax, for migraine headaches.. As a side effect I was not able to drink coke or any type of carbonated soda or whatever- So I stopped drinking coke, I actually only drink water, when I eat, when I excersiize etc etc. The thing is I have not lost any weight, none at all!!!
I guess I might be the exception. Before this I had the belief that if you drank water you would lose weight, but I didn't "like" it.. you know.. I liked coke better LOL.. anyways.. the thing is.. I hav'nt lost any weight.. Ohh and this has been for.. 9 or 10 months already... Now I like water and I know I'm better off with it, I'm off the topamax but still have not drank a coke since-

Just wanted to share this; not to discourage any of you, water is very good for your system I know that.. but for losing weight??
Anyhow.. has any of you tried the Mega-T Green Tea pills??? I just bought them today.. they are inexpensive but I wonder if they "work"..

c u people

Old 10-18-2005, 11:10 PM   #13
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

topomax generally causes mild weight loss in users. (likely due to dehydration).

how much water are you drinking a day?
what is your bodyweight?

mega-green tea is overpriced at about 16$ for 90 caps that provide only 90mg of EGCG per cap of a 600mg cap (thats a VERY low grade extract)

Anafit makes a 240 count green tea extract with 225mg of EGCG per 500mg cap (and the same amount of caffeine 50mg) for like 26$

green tea will increase your metabolism by about 3-5%, not a huge amount but it can help with weight loss.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:06 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User

I drink about 5-11 glasses of water a day, depending on how im feeling. I think my problem may be that im depressed and I'm eating more...or it could be that im not eating enough...not quite sure

Old 10-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #15
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boicrazy3188
I drink about 5-11 glasses of water a day, depending on how im feeling. I think my problem may be that im depressed and I'm eating more...or it could be that im not eating enough...not quite sure
if a glass is 8 oz even the high intake is not enough, especially if you are taking topomax. dehydration actually makes you retain water, though the overeating may also be a big factor.

if you are not sure whether you are eating enough or overeating, you need to sit down and take a good look at your diet and keep an ACCURATE record of your calorie intake for a couple days.

you should be drinking at least a gallon a day if you are taking topomax and over 110 lbs

Closed Thread