It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User
morning = flat stomach......... late evening = 6 months pregnant stomach

this is a bit extreme bloating.... from eating like 1800 calories

whats up with that?

tnx

ps it happens on a regular basis too

dont tell me its normal cos my sister doesnt get it

Last edited by justanothagirl; 12-18-2005 at 12:51 PM.

Old 12-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

OutToLunch HB User
Re: morning = flat stomach......... late evening = 6 months pregnant stomach

What are you eating and when?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2005, 01:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

You could possibly be consuming too much sodium during the day, leaving your body retaining water by night. Decreasing your salt intake should help.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:31 PM   #4
(female)

winniefoster HB User

Hey that happens to me too! As soon as I eat something, my stomach begins bulging out, especially after drinking water, my stomach turns into a big watermelon! I don't think I consume an excessive amount of sodium...if anyone else knows why, do tell!

Old 12-20-2005, 08:31 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Some peoples stomaches just react that way to food, they bloat. It could be a form of IBS, or gas. Don't worry, its not abnormal, LOTS of people get it, and theres nothing that can be done about it.

Old 12-20-2005, 09:02 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonistyle2 HB User

yeah, it sucks, i get it too! i've kind of come to accept it as the way my body gets after i eat. lots of sodium makes it worse but i always get some extent of "stick out belly" after eating. just try to drink lots of water and ignore it (more easily said than done, i know!) sitting up straight helps me feel less like a fatty too. i kind of think it has to do with my body shape (very straight, no real definition between boobs, waist and hips). it seems like girls with more curves tend to get it less, i don't know. i figure it's cuz the food has nowhere else to go, you know. anyway, don't stress, drink water and sit up straight. also remember that you notice it more than anyone else does (they probably don't see it at all) and try to move on. good luck!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:32 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

KittyLove HB User

Justanothergirl,
I tend to bloat up when I eat something that I'm allergic to such as yeast and mushrooms. I never made the connection until I was tested for food allergies. I now know that when I eat yeasty foods and mushrooms, I'm headed towards discomfort. I once picked all the mushrooms out of a dinner a friend made (I'm allergic to mold too), and I still got bloated! I went to bed in agony and feeling heavier and then woke up feeling 10 pounds lighter! It must have been the residue.

Maybe you could start paying attention to the foods you're eating and the response your body has. You could have a food allergy or an intolerance to something... I've read it's usually something you crave and eat on a daily basis. I know that was the case with me.

Last edited by KittyLove; 12-20-2005 at 07:29 PM. Reason: typo

Old 12-20-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

cad2 HB User

Make sure you aren't lactose intolerant, I am and I suffered the same thing you do. You wouldn't believe that milk is in almost everything in some form or another. Eliminate and see what happens. I also put a squeeze of lemon juice in a small glass of water after a meal it helps as well.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:42 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

What we need is a morning that lasts 24 hours!

Last edited by Lenin; 12-21-2005 at 06:42 AM.

Old 12-21-2005, 10:26 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

Hey don't feel bad - I get that too. I'll wake up and my stomach will be normal looking, and by night-time, I'll look like I'm pregnant. I just bloat tremendously and my stomach balloons out. It seriously feels like my stomach has been pumped full of air.

Somebody mentioned something about salt intake contributing to the problem - I tihnk that might be what's happening in my case. I do eat a lot of salty foods...I'll have to cut back.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #11
(male)

rockfordx2 HB User

I get the same thing in the summer, but not in the winter. My stomach looks so bloated in the summer evenings, its sick, and completely flat in the morning. I was drinking A LOT of water. Also, my skin has a reduced ability to sweat so I'm wondering if I'm just heating up and bloating. I think I'll cut down on the water intake this summer before I burst.

Closed Thread