It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2006, 10:57 AM   #16
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: Vitamin B-12 injections for weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie00
Hey Chevy-

Why not check out the Trivtia Sulingual B-12?? They have a website online. You could print out the info and show it to your doctor. It was created by a doctor specifically for the purpose of not having to give his patients the shots anymore. However, with your medical condition, I would definitely get an OK from your doc first.
Thanks Nat,I'll do that.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:32 PM   #17
(female)

CaliBreezy HB User

I asked my dr. about the shots and he told me it was just a placebo. Save your money

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Maybe everyones getting a little confuses about B-12 injections for weight loss?....usally depression meds will help you lose weight also and some depression meds will help you stop smoking if you smoke...B-12 ALONG WITH DEPRESSION maybe thats where the B-12 COMES IN FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
Just a Thought?

Old 04-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #19
Inactive
(female)

bharrod HB User

I do think there is a link between b-12 and depression, but also there may be a link too with women and potassium, in regards to depression as well, just a thought.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-11-2006 at 08:46 AM.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharrod
I do think there is a link between b-12 and depression, but also there may be a link too with women and potassium, in regards to depression as well, just a thought.
good point.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:49 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBreezy
I asked my dr. about the shots and he told me it was just a placebo. Save your money
do you mean in regards to loseing weight?
if a person is taking B-12 injections along with depression meds then theres a good chance for them to lose weight,stop smoking ect,,,ect,, in my opinion I think your Dr was wrong telling you that.
B=12 injections are not fun and there certainly not a ''placebo''

Old 04-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #22
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Last year, my mom went to some weight loss doctor who gave those B-12 shots. His plan also called for shots 3 times a week and drinking special protein drinks containing some other weight loss drugs/supplements. She ended up fainting the second day on the plan. I sampled one of the protein drinks and felt really weird a couple of hours later. So if any one is considering or currently involved in this type of a plan, be extremely careful. it's not healthy.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #23
(female)

CaliBreezy HB User
Red face Re: Vitamin B-12 injections for weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman
do you mean in regards to loseing weight?
if a person is taking B-12 injections along with depression meds then theres a good chance for them to lose weight,stop smoking ect,,,ect,, in my opinion I think your Dr was wrong telling you that.
B=12 injections are not fun and there certainly not a ''placebo''
ChevyMan...I asked my doc about B-12 shots and I happen to suffer from mild depression, chronic pain/fatigue as well as being overweight and all I was doing was sharing what my doctor told me when I inquired about B-12 shots.
I have had cancer twice and a bone marrow transplant and am now 10 yrs cancer free so my doctor must be doing somethin right. I was just sharing what my doc said in regards to B-12 and I am sure that others do not have the same opinion. I was simply sharing the info I received regarding B-12 shots...

Old 04-11-2006, 12:44 PM   #24
Inactive
(female)

bharrod HB User
Smile Re: Vitamin B-12 injections for weightloss

Quote:
ChevyMan...I asked my doc about B-12 shots and I happen to suffer from mild depression, chronic pain/fatigue as well as being overweight and all I was doing was sharing what my doctor told me when I inquired about B-12 shots.
I have had cancer twice and a bone marrow transplant and am now 10 yrs cancer free so my doctor must be doing somethin right. I was just sharing what my doc said in regards to B-12 and I am sure that others do not have the same opinion. I was simply sharing the info I received regarding B-12 shots...
I think that B-12 shots are just that, they are B-12.
I can speak from experience as well, because let me tell you all this, a placebo shot doesn't hurt. But a B-12 shot WILL STING YOU LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER FELT BEFORE. IT HURTS............MY BUTT IS STILL SORE.
HAHAHAHAHA

Old 04-11-2006, 01:00 PM   #25
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharrod
I can speak from experience as well, because let me tell you all this, a placebo shot doesn't hurt.
And just out of curiosity how would you know whether a Placebo Shot would hurt or not. Please enlighten us ..........

Old 04-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #26
(female)

CaliBreezy HB User

B-12 shots are NOT a placebo

Old 04-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Well I apologize to you if I offended you, I'm sure your Doctor is a good honest person,good Dr.
its just I never have heard any Dr say to anyone that B-12 injections were fake ''placebo'' Maybe you misunderstood him/her? if you ask if the B-12 was for weight loss? or could aid in weight loss?

I applaud you on beating that cancer twice/and yes I agree your doctor is doing something right.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:25 AM   #28
Inactive
(female)

bharrod HB User
Cool Re: Vitamin B-12 injections for weightloss

Hi,
I have to say that having the B-12 and B-6 injections has changed my life. At first it was HORRIBLE. I could not function at all, because I am on the Dr. Bernstein Diet, and they limit your calories do dramatically that it really is a major shock to your system at first, but after being on it for 8 days now. I have to say I am very impressed by it. I have lost 6 lbs and I feel better then I have in years. The diet itself does work, in conjuntion with the B-12 and B-6 shots. I do not think that the B-12 shots alone will make you lose weight. But with everything combined it does work. My nurse told me that the B-12 shots are moreso to keep your energy levels up while you are on a strict low-carb, low-fat, 800 calorie a day diet. And wow, it is finally working. The first few days were very very rough, to say the least. But now I have more energy then ever, and the weight is coming off without one bit of exercise. My appetite is so low, that I now have to force myself to eat, at least my daily proteins.
I love this diet, I have tried Weight Watchers and Atkins and South Beach diet, and none of those diets worked well for me, because they were too hard for me to stick to. This one is medically supervised and you have someone pushing you 3 times a week and checking up on you to make sure that you do not cheat at all.
I love that.
Anyway, the longer I am on this diet, the more I love it.
The dr B headquarters has treated me so good following the incident I had at their other clinic last week. I am now in a new clinic and I could not be happier about it. Even my husband notices the difference in me.
Also, the very important part of the diet is the multivitamin they give you daily, and the 2 doses each (twice daily) of potassium. That is what brings it all together.
I love it.
Mia

Old 04-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #29
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

hi,
I'm very happy for you, you sound excited.
I never heard of this diet before? but 800 calories or less a day seems unsafe to me, but if your medically supervised..guess no one can agure with that?
can you explain the the B-12 injections? is it because your feeling tired because of this type of dieting and the b-12 increases your energy? how many injections do you take monthly?
I really don't understand this type of dieting?

Last edited by moderator2; 04-12-2006 at 07:48 PM. Reason: please use the reply button - do not clog the thread with quotes

Old 04-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #30
(female)

CaliBreezy HB User
Smile Re: Vitamin B-12 injections for weightloss

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman
Well I apologize to you if I offended you, I'm sure your Doctor is a good honest person,good Dr.
its just I never have heard any Dr say to anyone that B-12 injections were fake ''placebo'' Maybe you misunderstood him/her? if you ask if the B-12 was for weight loss? or could aid in weight loss?

I applaud you on beating that cancer twice/and yes I agree your doctor is doing something right.
ChevyMan,
I can't really say that I was offended...I was just sharing what my doc told me and I don't know why he would say's it's a placebo since I have read about alot of people getting B-12 on these boards and other people I know in my area get them as well...that's why I asked him about it. I will ask more about it on my next visit and we'll see what he says LOL
...because I have been around doc's for the past decade every doctor is different in the way they go about practicing medicine.

I am new to this board and I am very happy to have found it. I am not going to let a difference in opion get in the way of making new friends who collectively have a wealth of knowledge. That is what makes these boards so awesome is that there are different points of view, experiences and perspective's!!!

Closed Thread