It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #1

homzie HB User
Question Vitamin B-12 injections for weightloss

Has anybody tried Vitamin B-12 injections for weightloss and if so-have you had any success?

Old 01-02-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Re: Vitamin B-12 injections for weightloss

I never heard of B-12 shots working for weight loss. I took them for a while for CFS, and now take the sublingual kind. Also, they usually aren't covered by insurance and to be effective for any kind of treatment usually have to be given several times a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
(female)

parklife33 HB User

I just returned from canada, there I went to a weight loss clinic, Dr Bernstein and part of the program is recieving b12 shots three times per week. No, b12 does not make you lose weight, however what it does do is gives you the vitamins needed on a low calorie diet and the stamina and sense of well being so that you don't get under nousrished and go off of the diet. It is used as a supplement resulting in losing weight, because of how healthy you feel. This diet is supervised by a doctor and experts. It is an 800 per day calorie diet, with very little carbs and no sugar. The complex carbs sets off your insulin and spikes it, resulting in food cravings when you are not really hungry. You lose the cravings and the hunger and the b12 makes you feel great during this period.. hope this answers your question. I am looking now to buy b12 to self inject..

Old 01-02-2006, 09:17 PM   #4
(female)

ibluckymom HB User

I don't know if it happen to be the person giving the shot or not, but I took ONE and it was a painful shot, IMO! That's all it took for me to know I didn't want anymore!

However, saying that, there were plenty of people there to get one and do so every week on a continual basis.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

MommaBee HB User

B12 gives your blood the ability to carry more oxygen to your cells. You need this vitamin. If you are given a shot for it, it is to keep your blood and body feeling better. I take B12 and iron for anemia. To help with weightloss, I am not so sure? Probably to keep you from feeling run down.
If you can't take a shot, they have the sublingul tablets that you put under your tongue that work really well. It is what I use everyday.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I never heard of B-12 shots for loseing weight? always a first for everything I suppose!
With all due respect the elder folks take them to make them feel better more energy ect,,,ect,, B-12 (cyanocobalamin) is for someone that has lost there instrict factor in ther stomach and there body can't prodouce the "cyanocobalamin" that the instrict factor puts in your bloodstrem its called preneious aneima....so the B-12 is injected into the blood stream.
A person with prenious aneima will probably need to take the B-12 shots monthly the rest of there life.

btw>useing the sublingul tablets does not get into the blood stream becasue of the salvia in the mouth disolves it before it can enter into the blood stream, but if it makes you feel better hey it don't hurt a thing.

Old 01-03-2006, 05:24 AM   #7
(female)

HBOGirl HB User

I don't think it's for weight loss, but I have several friends who have had weight loss surgery who has to take them.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:37 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

I have to disagree, Chevyman. I tried every kind of B-12 Pill and capsule on the market and there was absolutely zero difference in my energy level. After 2 months of being on Trivtia's Sublingual B-12, I felt atleast 30% better (which is lot of you have CFS) and the testimonials you read about this certain brand of sublinguaB-12 are amazing. I did also try a drugstore sublingual b-12 liquid and it did nothing for me; only the kind I take now seems to make a difference. I'm not saying it would work for everyone.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:00 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie00
I have to disagree, Chevyman. I tried every kind of B-12 Pill and capsule on the market and there was absolutely zero difference in my energy level. After 2 months of being on Trivtia's Sublingual B-12, I felt atleast 30% better (which is lot of you have CFS) and the testimonials you read about this certain brand of sublinguaB-12 are amazing. I did also try a drugstore sublingual b-12 liquid and it did nothing for me; only the kind I take now seems to make a difference. I'm not saying it would work for everyone.
Natalie your on the money and chevyman, dude your wrong at least for some people. I always notice the sublingual Methylcobalamin in 2 to 3 days when i take it. The Buccal Mucosa allows this to happen easily via the Sublingual Artery then into the Carotinoid Artery. Almost as quickly as injections. Infact i even take Aspirin this way !! later !!

Old 01-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #10

homzie HB User
Question How much Trivita should you take daily then??

Old 01-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

hi,
Oh ok...thanks...I stand corrected.
Seems like a Dr told me that one time believe it or not, but now thats been 15-20 years ago.
Thanks thats good to know bout that Trivtia's Sublingual.....after "trying every B-12 pill and capsule on the market with zero difference in your energy level"... until you found Trivtia's Sublingual...maybe they did'nt have that back in the 80's?....That Dr must have meant them other ones...lol

Old 01-04-2006, 12:13 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Re: How much Trivita should you take daily then??

Quote:
Originally Posted by homzie

For what purpose? It won't help weight loss; Save your money. But for energy, it could help. Studies show that even people who do not test deficient for B-12 could benefit from either the shots or sublingual B-12. The Trivita B-12 comes in 1,000 mg pills, but you can take more than 1 pill daily if you wanted to, and if you wanted to spend the extra money. A 30 pill supply is about $25 ($20 if you are a member of Trivita, which you become after ordering 2 products). They also offer a lot of other products. I read that anyone with acid reflux/IBS probably has a very difficult time absorbing b-12 (and a lot of other vits) because of their poor absorbing ability in their digestive tract. It can take up to 30 days to replenish you b-12 supply, but if you didn't notice a difference after 3 months I would say don't take them anymore. I take 1 every other day now (cheaper) and still notice a difference.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I have to take B-12 injections monthly, for preneious anemia its only1000 MC/ML of cyanocobalmin the rest of my life...and I don't lose weight...energy level gets weak at the end of the month, but after I take the injections I feel much better....never tried the sunlingual tablets?
I did ask my Dr if I could take the tablets and not the injections? he said I need to stay on the injections?..I never question him as to why not?

Last edited by chevyman; 01-04-2006 at 04:15 PM.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:09 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User

Hey Chevy-

Why not check out the Trivtia Sulingual B-12?? They have a website online. You could print out the info and show it to your doctor. It was created by a doctor specifically for the purpose of not having to give his patients the shots anymore. However, with your medical condition, I would definitely get an OK from your doc first.

Old 01-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Robbo103 HB User

I just purchased some B12 liquid from GNC to add to my fruit shakes I fix every other day.

Closed Thread