It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2006, 08:27 PM   #1
(female)

thqueenbe HB User
Need to lose a few more pounds-already skinny

ok, so I am 5'7" and 124 lbs. I have a small frame, so weight shows VERY easily on me. I look pretty good, but still want to lose the last 4 lbs.

I've always been under 120 lbs until I got married -- lol. So I know it's right for me (I was under 120 without dieting EVER, and very little excercise). So I'm sure this isn't an unhealthy goal.

Thing is, I already eat right (no stupid diets), drink no sodas or crap like that & drink 64 oz of water a day...taking in right at 1200 relatively healthy calories and excercising a little. I work as an assistant manager at a store, so I'm always moving at work too. Can anyone suggest something (besides the gym) I can try? I don't want a life change for 4 lbs

Old 01-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #2
(female)

thqueenbe HB User
Re: Need to lose a few more pounds-already skinny

Anyone? Even if it's just suggestions on something to add or take away from my diet short -term, or quick excerises at home besides my crunches, reverse crunches, squats, etc
Anything is appreciated!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2006, 08:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rouge HB User

I am going through the same thing. I am 5'7 and 124lbs. I gained my weight when I had a baby. 124lbs is not bad, but my pre-pregnancy weight was 114. When I see myself in pics back then, I look too skinny. So, I guess I would like to drop 5 or so pounds. I don't eat very healthy like you. Greasy food, sweets, lots of dairy. I did at least switch to diet soda. I was drinking a lot of soda. I just have a terrible appetite and huge cravings for sweets, which I did not have before the baby. My son is now 2, so there is no excuse for being over my ideal weight.

I saw a appetite supressent in my Health Hut mag called "Skinny Mini". It is supposed to help with your appetie and give you more energy without using Ephedra. I posted earlier asking if anyone had tried it but have not gotten any replies.

I would also be interrested in ways to shed a few pounds.

Old 01-12-2006, 09:15 PM   #4
(female)

thqueenbe HB User

Rouge...looks like our cause is a lost one. lol...
maybe we'll have to pick each other's brains...

Old 01-12-2006, 09:29 PM   #5
(female)

s1mc7 HB User

my minor suggestion would be to cut back on sugar and salt..that should help

If you're already eating healthy--you already know and/or do all the other stuff (whole grains/fruits/vegetables/lean meats/low-fat/etc)--so the sugar & salt idea may be a minor change you could make

Old 01-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
(female)

9catwoman HB User

Hey, I am 5'7" and 130 lbs which goes up and down. I always have to hear "Oh, you're so small, you don't need to diet." I was 117 in high school. I carry excess weight in my thighs. I got to 125 and was very happy but the holidays added the extra weight.

The best thing to do is just to try and tone. I got one of those bun and thigh rollers. Hoping for tight buns! My olny suggestion to you is just to do light weight training. Even yoga will help for flexibilty and toning.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
(female)

Robbit HB User

Wow! Do I ever need this thread! I came in search of exactly this today!

I am 5'4 and right now 113lbs. I have always hovered around 110lbs, and for some reason I cannot shake those 3 lbs! I have been eating really well, smaller portions and trying to cut sugar (after Christmas treats!) I have upped my ski machine to running twice as long, and yet I cannot budge??

Am I crazy to be thinking of 110 as my perfect weight?

Have I made some muscle that is adding the weight?

Am I deluding myself?

I would love some feedback?

Robbit.

BTW I have lost 40lbs and kept it off for 2.5 years. I fear any weight creeping on as I know how fast it can get away on you!

Old 01-14-2006, 05:57 AM   #8
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

Yup, these are the reasons why I detest scales because all they do is show you a number that doesn't necessarily reflect what makes up that number. If you are eating healthy and working out,(especially working out more than usual) you must always remember that muscle weighs more than fat, and that will certainly become apparent on the scale.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:43 PM   #9
(female)

Robbit HB User

My question re: muscle weight.

My husband says that running will not give muscle weight.

Your thoughts?

Old 01-15-2006, 03:17 AM   #10
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

Robbit,

Although running and using the ski machine twice as much as usual will not give you big and bulky muscle, it will certainly lower your body fat and make your leg muscles stronger. No matter what kind of muscle you have, it still weighs more than fat. So with that said, I have to disagree with your husband. And being that you're only talking a mere three pounds, it makes even more sense that your muscles are getting stronger. Given your stats, I certainly wouldn't be too concerned! I am only an inch shorter than you and if I weighed 113 pounds, I'd look emaciated! 130 is normal for me, and being that I'm a true mesomorph, it's a solid 130. I am also one who gets "big" fast when it comes to packing on muscle. For instance, I love to cycle a lot, but the more I do, the bigger my legs get. (Especially since I love low gear and big hills!) Same holds true for weight training. Train more, lose body fat and weigh more is basically how it goes for me. Precisely why I find the scale to be useless. Scales seem to be more useful in making people crazy unnecessarily!

Old 01-15-2006, 07:23 AM   #11
(female)

Robbit HB User

Thanks for that info. (Hubby can be a know-it-all sometimes.) Anyway, I know I feel a slave to the scales, it definately stems from all the weight I gained staying home with our son. I was always this size I am now, but gained the 40lb eating at home and finishing off the kids food etc. Baking was a downfall, and of course ate what was there. I am very aware that I NEVER want to be that person I was again. I hated myself. Now I am back in the workforce and the weight came off, I just want to be careful to be on top of it. I know how fast it can pile on there!

Old 01-15-2006, 07:40 AM   #12
(male)

Melting2fast HB User

Quote:
I know I feel a slave to the scales
You are not the only one.

When I decided to go on a diet I decided that I would only step on the scale once a week, this way I wouldnt drive myself nuts with the numbers. It backfired though ... I ended up thinking about what numbered I was after doing this or that and if I could get to the scale what would the number be!??!

Heh ...

So I went out and bought a nice little digital scale, now I weight myself once a day just to get my fix. It works out nicely, I am tracking the daily weight and figured I might see patterns from day to day develop. The best thing is that I stopped obsessing over the numbers, do it once and that's that.

The point I am trying to make though is that this morning was the first day in two weeks that the number did not move at all. It's the same number as yesterday and my first reaction was "OMG! What did I eat last night?!?!?"

Slave to the scale indeed ...

Old 01-15-2006, 07:59 AM   #13
(female)

Robbit HB User

I weigh myself every morning as soon as I get up. I never do it throughout the day as I am sure it goes up and down depending on the time of day. I figure in the morning I am empty So a clearer number. I guess it astounded me to gain 3 lbs literally overnite--so it put a shock in my system. I am down the 3lbs, doing the same things, and staying at the same number.

Thanks for this thread. I am well aware that there are others who would kill to only have a few stubborn pounds to lose, but we are all in the same club. I have been there.

Old 01-16-2006, 07:46 PM   #14
(female)

thqueenbe HB User

Yes, I think it was a needed thread for a few of us
Thanks for the suggestion about sugar and salt, I must admit, I am a salt-aholic ...lol
I bet that would help a little water retention!
Good luck to you all!

Old 01-16-2006, 08:14 PM   #15
(female)

CollegeChick HB User

my advice would be to maybe try eating more. you're only taking in 1200 cals a day, a safe minimum, but your body may need more than that. if it's not getting the necessary nutrition, your metabolism slows down to compensate. try increasing your cals to 1300 or 1400, and try to make the extra food lean proteins to help maintain muscle mass. overall, three or five pounds doen't make that much difference (if any) in the way you look, so only you will notice them on the scale.

Last edited by CollegeChick; 01-16-2006 at 08:17 PM.

Closed Thread