It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
(female)

Alybi HB User
Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar!!!

are both of these things good to take when trying to lose weight?
I have heard that ACV is for sure but someone just told me about the coconut oil.....im going to the health store today but i just wanted to ask before i went, im eating VERY healthy, working out....just started this diet 4 days ago....

im just not sure which is better? should i get the ACV or the CO? or both?
also, how do i take it and how much? how many times a day?
any feedback would be wonderful!!

thanks

Alyson

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Natalie00 HB User
Re: Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar!!!

I tried organic apple cider vinegar, and while wonderful for acid reflux disease, apparently does nothing for weight loss. They claim it shrinks the fat cells but after adding it to my healthy, reduced calorie diet I did not lose one extra pound. But it is still a wonderful product-claims to help sore joints and prevent colds, ect.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2006, 11:37 AM   #3
(female)

ykceb HB User

THE ORGANIC VIRGIN COCONUT OIL WILL HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT...FOR SOME REASON, YOU JUST AREN'T AS HUNGRY..1 TABLESPOON IN THE AM, AND 1 TABLESPOON THE PM. IF HUNGRY INBETWEEN TAKE ANOTHER TABLESPOON...AS FOR THE CIDER VINEGAR, I HAVE A HARD TIME GETTING IT SWALLOWED...BE SURE IT IS ORGANIC...IT DOES WORK FOR ACID REFLUX..WORKS IMMEDIATELY...LET ME KNOW HOW YOU DO WITH THE COCONUT OIL..SHOULD LOSE ABOUT 10 LBS IN A MONTH...GOOD LUCK... :

Old 01-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Alybi,

Cider vinegar is neutral and won't have any effect one way or the other.
All oils, coconut included have about 125 calories per Tbsp. As such it will contribute to weight gain rather than loss.

Old 10-30-2006, 03:06 AM   #5
(female)

mountain of spi HB User
Cool Re: Coconut Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar!!!

the acv will work on weight loss...put oil in water and then add acv and watch what happens to the oil...it emulsifys it...it breaks it down...i lost 20 pounds on the stuff and had to quit takin it because my blood pressure started bottoming out...it cleans out blood vessels tooo and flushes kidneys....and the liver and its great....the only things i saw was that if you r on regular meds then they needed to be takin opposite of the vinegar cause it flushes drugs out while its detoxin....if u take enough it will cause your bowels to move alot and that helps with weight loss.....u need to watch for dehydration because it is a dieuretic as well.....sometimes it hurts your stomach if u use tooo much and a tum will help that and with everything moving out u need potassium and thats good from bananas....most people dont like the taste of it but i say hey...if u can drink then this wont get u a buzz but how bad do u want it? no doc is going to tell u about this but try it for yourself...u will notice clothes looser pretty quick from the get go...but still work out and run and the results are great and u can eat what u want...i did this several times through out the day and lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks before i leveled off....and then i didnt worry about my weight anymore...and not worrying helped me to let the rest go ...its great..also it helps dibetics wioth yeast infections from toooo much sugar in the system...its great.......

Last edited by mountain of spi; 10-30-2006 at 03:08 AM.

Old 10-30-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
(female)

frankiesmom HB User

mountain:

how much did you take and how often? how did you handle the taste?

Old 11-04-2006, 05:11 AM   #7
(female)

menkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiesmom
mountain:

how much did you take and how often? how did you handle the taste?

An aunt of mine recently visited and I immediately noticed she'd lost quite a bit of weight. I complimented her and asked what she's doing, and she removed a bottle of apple cider vinegar tablets from her purse and says she swears by them for weightloss. She takes one with each meal. It seems to have worked for her.

Also my brother in law's mom takes ACV regularly to prevent weight gains. I am not taking the pills, but it has only been a week. If I also have positive results, I will share.

Closed Thread