It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #1

tryingtolose22 HB User
Question best over the counter diet pill

Just wanted to hear what your opinions were as far as the best OTC Diet Pill?

I know they are pointless without excercise and diet, both of which I am starting this week as well but I wanted to add one as well.

much appreciate!

Old 01-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User
Re: best over the counter diet pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingtolose22
Just wanted to hear what your opinions were as far as the best OTC Diet Pill?

I know they are pointless without excercise and diet, both of which I am starting this week as well but I wanted to add one as well.

much appreciate!
Thermorexin
EC stack (ephedrine and caffeine, not ephedra + caffeine)
Cardio Breeze

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

Dont have any Experience with it...But 100% Real Hoodia is supposed to really work to suppress appetite.

Old 01-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipermac
Dont have any Experience with it...But 100% Real Hoodia is supposed to really work to suppress appetite.
finding legitimate hoodia that actually has p57 is just luck.

there is only one company that can test for the presence of p57 and they cant even test for the amount.

none of the supplement companies are testing the material so you may even get good bottles and bad bottles from the same company (if the material is from different batches).

until the supply stabilizes and testing of the material improves, its not a wise investment.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:31 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

I think the best OTC diet pill is the one you walk by without buying.

Old 01-23-2006, 10:50 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro
finding legitimate hoodia that actually has p57 is just luck.

there is only one company that can test for the presence of p57 and they cant even test for the amount.

none of the supplement companies are testing the material so you may even get good bottles and bad bottles from the same company (if the material is from different batches).

until the supply stabilizes and testing of the material improves, its not a wise investment.
Completely True. But if you can find legit stuff it is supposed to work pretty good.
Slim Fast is currently Testing a Snack bar that contains Authentic Hoodia...If it tests well it can be expected to hit the market in 2008. Products by slim fast will be the only ones that you can be assured have been tested properly and have true ahentic hoodia as they are the ones that have the Legal rights to market Hoodia as a weight loss supplement.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:22 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

Quote:
Completely True. But if you can find legit stuff it is supposed to work pretty good.
Slim Fast is currently Testing a Snack bar that contains Authentic Hoodia...If it tests well it can be expected to hit the market in 2008. Products by slim fast will be the only ones that you can be assured have been tested properly and have true ahentic hoodia as they are the ones that have the Legal rights to market Hoodia as a weight loss supplement.
do they have a patent?

there will be plenty of companies selling hoodia in the next couple of years and many of them will probably actually test their material. Use patents are pretty worthless when it comes to protecting your rights. all one has to do is sell "standardized hoodia, standardized for p57". though such use patents can protect "market share" to a great extent by limiting the way that other people sell the product and market it.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:34 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User

I haven't really used any, I am using the Green Tea pills and they do seem to help. The good thing is that you only have to take one 2 times a day, instead of taking two 3 times a day.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:04 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

I personally think that you guys are just waisting your $$ on them so called diet pills......I tried 100's and nothing seems to work..just old fashion dieting with exercise works best and the most safe.

Old 01-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

pipermac HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro
do they have a patent?

there will be plenty of companies selling hoodia in the next couple of years and many of them will probably actually test their material. Use patents are pretty worthless when it comes to protecting your rights. all one has to do is sell "standardized hoodia, standardized for p57". though such use patents can protect "market share" to a great extent by limiting the way that other people sell the product and market it.
They have a Patent on P57 for Weight Loss. Which means no body else can Legally Say that their product contains p57 or can be used for weightloss. If you look at all tha stuff available right now...none of them say anything about p57 or say anything about weight loss....they are all labeled as a diet supplement. The Problem Is IT is estimated that there is more Hoodia available in the marketplace then there actually exists.....thus Most of it can not be real. It looks like it will be awhile before you can be sure that the hoodia you purchase is legit.

Pfizer had the right s to Hoodia but have given them away because they could not Synthetically Create it cheaply enough. Now the company that owns slimfast has the rights and are looking at creating foods that actually contain the hoodia plant. If hoodia truly does work....and there are strong indications that it does...then The slimfast products that contain it will probably end up being the best and most reliable source to get it when it is available.

Of course the Biggest contraversy that will arise is the patent of a Plant....which technically cant be done. that is why the company that has licensed the rights to slimfast had the patent done on the P57 Molecule and its use for weightloss.

There Will probably be some Big lawsuits in the future to decide who can and cannot market Hoodia.

Old 01-30-2006, 11:51 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

Quote:
There Will probably be some Big lawsuits in the future to decide who can and cannot market Hoodia.

on this we are in agreement (whether it actually works that well or not)

Old 01-31-2006, 07:54 PM   #12
(female)

Swept_Away HB User
Question Re: best over the counter diet pill

What exactly is "hoodia" and what does it have to do with weight-loss?

Last edited by Swept_Away; 01-31-2006 at 07:55 PM.

Old 02-01-2006, 01:59 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

macro HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swept_Away
What exactly is "hoodia" and what does it have to do with weight-loss?
hoodia is a cactus from africa. It contains a molecule called P57 which suppresses appetite. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, its pretty much dumbluck whether you get hoodia that has p57 or has enough to be effective.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:08 AM   #14
(female)

jl2583 HB User

Hoodia... there are three active ingredients in South African Hoodia Gordonii. They are called Steroidal Glycosides. P57 is just one of those three. The worldwide use patent on p57 is for the synthesization of the molecule. If a product does not have all three it doesn't work. There are two labs that test for all three steroidal glycosides. Unilever is trying to muddle the issue by saying they are the only company that has rights to p57. Right now there is one product, which is sold in almost all the chains that has all three steroidal glycosides. That is H57. How do I know this? I have seen all the results and this company is the only one.

So if someone states that Unilever is the only one who has the rights... it might be because they work for Unilever.

Old 02-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

km7503 HB User

I have to agree with Chevyman, these pills are just a waste of money for a quick fix that you'll never get unless you change your eating habits and fitness. And, if you are eating right and exercising to be healthy, why are you going to pump yourself with weird drugs that could potentially harm your organs that you've worked so hard to help make healthy? That doesn't seem to make any sense!
Does anyone consider all the testing and amount of pills out there to begin with? Why would they need to make so many NEW pills and have so many of them TESTED if they truly worked that well and were safe. Diet Pills are a billion dollar industry and for a good reason. It's because when one pill fails, people just move on to the next one, the better, newer one.
I hate to be devil's advocate here but stay off the pills! I've taken them too in the past and have not been successful LONG TERM which is the most important thing.
I know it's a lot of work. Sometimes I get sooooo angry at people who don't have an ounce of fat and can eat whatever they want, (like my husband), but we can motivate eachother right? Nothing in life is easy, so this shouldn't be either. If it is, there's something to be said about that.

Closed Thread