It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2006, 02:18 AM   #1

menappi HB User
i hardly eat and gain weight..?

ok so i barely eat , i would have to guesse i eat about 1000 calories a day, and i seem to be still gain weight. sometimes i just am so busy i forget to eat or am not hungry, i drink a lot of water, but idunno whats wrong with me. it seemed that my metabolism used to be so fast i could eat anything and stay thin, but now its like i dont eat and i get bigger. any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 08:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

shelliam HB User
Re: i hardly eat and gain weight..?

If you are guessing you may not really have an idea. Take a couple days and record your calorie intake.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
(female)

330exGirlOrl HB User

Also, your body could be in starvation mode. If you dont eat that much or that often your body is going to think it is starving and hang on to any bit of food it gets. Try eating a little something every 3 hours or so and see what happens. Good luck!

Old 03-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Alot of factors could appy in your situation. How old are you? As we age our metabolism slows way down. Do you exercise at all? Sometimes (for me I know this is true) Dieting alone does not always make you lose weight. Being active really helps. Are you on any medications? Certain meds can effect your weight loss.

Old 03-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #5

menappi HB User

im 21, no medication. i dont excercise. im not gaining weight but it seems i look chubbier, its weird, because my weight is the same, but i dont look the same. i know for a fact my daily calories is low. im a college kid, so i dont usually eat until about 6 pm, in which ill eat like some pasta or something, not a MEAL but whatever satisfies my hunger. other than that i might have some cereal or some crackers , but i dont ever eat that much.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

Well you're still young, but as we age, our bodies change. The shape of them especially. If there's one thing I can tell young people, it's take charge of your weight when you're young. When you get older it's harder to lose weight. I am 43 and just lost 23 pounds. I was never overly over weight, but was pushing a size 10 and I needed to be a size 6. I have noticed over the years it has become difficult dropping just a few pounds.
The right way to lose weight and stay healthy is a life style change. Not a crash diet or pill. Eating the right food at the right time, regular exercise and minimal alcohol intake was the key for me. I ate about 1,200 calories a day, mix my gym routine up with a mixture of weight training and cardio and work out 5 to 6 times a week. I drink lots of water, get lots of sleep, and for two months didn't cheat - No midnight munching. And I never eat after 6 PM.
It took me 10 weeks and I am at my goal weight, back into a size 4/6 and feel awesome.
It was hard - Very hard, but I was determined to feel better.
I know you're in college and you eat at weird hours and probably don't get enough exercise, but be careful of what I used to call the "College 20". (The 20 pounds you gain while in school)

Old 03-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #7
(male)

justinluck HB User

Susie is right. Just because you don't eat a lot, doesn't mean you are eating healthy. You describe your dinner as pasta. What about breakfast and lunch? Skipping meals and not eating properly will do nothing but harm your body. Eating the proper quantities of fruits, vegetables, proteins, and carbs is critical to healthy body composition. You mention that you are staying the same weight, but looking fatter. That is probably because you don't exercise and eat poorly. So you are losing muscle and gaining fat. And because muscle weighs more than fat, that means you have gained more volume of fat than the muscle you lost. You are only 21, so you can easily bring your body back into balance. Here's your chance now to do your body some favors for the future.

Old 03-04-2006, 09:56 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

MissMaggie HB User

If you don't eat until 6 pm (which is TERRIBLE for your body) and are only eat pasta, cereal, crackers (ALL CARBS) then it is no wonder you are gaining weight while eating very little. You are probably going into starvation mode and by just eating carbs your body is storing fat. Start eating breakfast (even if that is at noon when you wake up) and have some sort of protein, yogurt, eggs, meat, and make sure to eat atleast every 4 hours. You need more protein, more food. A basic blood workup to check your thyroid might also be helpful. Too much stress can lead to weight gain. Also, if you are drinking a lot of pop or alochol, those things easily add to weight gain.

Last edited by MissMaggie; 03-04-2006 at 09:56 PM.

Closed Thread