It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #1
(female)

debbie2881 HB User
Unhappy "la weightloss"

has anyone tried La weightloss? I've been on it for about 2 months now. I've lost 20lbs but i'm stuck. for about 2 weeks now i've been at the same weight. i dont know whats going on. I'm getting frustrated. I was so happy with the plan and then i get stuck. Any advice from someone whose been on the plan? thanks

Old 03-03-2006, 04:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User
Re: "la weightloss"

hi,
I can't help you with la weight loss plan, but you may want to read up on some of JerseyGirl post she was on la weight loss program, maybe she has some suggestions as to your pleatau?

I would suggest to get off that plan for about a week then start back maybe not even a week 3 days should do it. or start exercising more maybe do some workouts on weights?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #3

JerseyGirl36 HB User

LA Weight Loss is a great program, and can work if you work it, but...

My story: I went from 335-268 on it in 2 years and plateaued for months at a time, then started gaining while on it and not cheating. I left at 291 feeling defeated and, well, broke.

What I like about it is that it's real food, but they really push their own food supplements (bars, drinks, snacks) and they are not only expensive, can get you into a bad habit as a lot of people cheat on them (eating more than allowed) or by storebought which is not the same. YOu're better off just following the diet without the supplemental food.

What I didn't like about them is that the counselors are not well educated. 2 years after I stopped LAWL, I learned from a trainer why I had gained back the weight in spite of the program...the diet had caused my body to turn to muscle for fuel, thereby decreasing my metabolism. When I was plateauing, no counselor explained that to me. They suggested I was cheating or not compliant.

Whatever you do, and I can't say this enough, include weight training with your program. DOn't worry too much about cardio, but do 3-4 days of 45 minute long strength training, 2 sets of 6-8 reps lifting HEAVY and to failure. It will jumpstart your metabolism. You might gain at first (2lbs?), but then it will start working.

I started this 3 weeks ago and while I still do the basics of LAWL (high carb, low glycemic), I have lost 2 lbs/week.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
(female)

debbie2881 HB User

I did LAWL because I thought it was simple enough. Eating and no exercise. I have 2 very young children and needless to say I dont have much time for exercise. Hubby works like 12 hrs a day and I have no family in my state. Anyway I've been stuck for about 2 weeks now. They told me that I needed to stop eating the same things all the time so I changed what I was eating from day to day. I do eat the LAWL bars but I dont have more than the required 2 a day. I did not see a difference in my weight. Another thing they told me was that I needed to start taking the supplements but I refuse. They are way too expensive and I was not told in the beginning that they were required. The counselor I signed up with was on vacation and in my opinion she's the only 1 that knows what she's doing so I will be visiting with her on my next visit this week. Hopefully she can help me out. In the mean time I purchased an elliptical and will be getting it soon. I figured some exercise is better than none and I can squeeze in some exercise when the kids are napping. Hopefully that works. I get frustrated sometimes and I do feel like cheating. the worst i've done is take a bite from things I shouldnt but thats not very often. Thanks for the replys. BTW how did you go back to losing after you plateaued??

Last edited by debbie2881; 03-06-2006 at 11:43 AM.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #5

JerseyGirl36 HB User

Your experience is eerily similiar.

I'm still trying to lose what I plateaued and regained, but I restarted teh weight loss by adding weight lifting to my routine. Read my posts on this topic.

What I found out after the LAWL experience is NO EXERCISE IS WHAT CAUSED THIS FOR ME. I was told, you don't have to to lose weight, well, no one added, but if you don't, your body will readjust your metabolism by fueling off your muscle and you'll gain the lost weight back.

The best advice I can give you is go lift heavy weights. That's the only way.
No excuses.

Old 03-06-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
(female)

Shanlo HB User

I tried the LA and lost about 25 lbs, went from a 38 D to a 38B cup. I ate good and walked every day for about 30 minutes. I did this in 3 months.
I found them to be very expensive. That was about 4 yrs ago. This year I joined Curves and I enjoy the workout. It is a 30 minute workout 3X a week. I cannot weight to get weighed and measured next week.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:13 AM   #7
(female)

debbie2881 HB User

goodluck with your weigh in and measurements. I'm also getting measured this week. Hopefully theres a difference. I lost 13.5 inches in 1 month. At LAWL you measure once a month. LA is expensive but I lost 20lbs in 1.5 months and i've never done that before on any other diets. I think if it works its worth it. I'm just going to add some exercise to my dieting and see what happens.

Old 03-07-2006, 07:39 AM   #8

JerseyGirl36 HB User

FYI. You can write off your expenses as a healthcare expense on your taxes.

Push them to do the measuring. They got lazy with me.

Old 03-07-2006, 12:44 PM   #9
(female)

debbie2881 HB User
Wink Re: "la weightloss"

They do get lazy with that. I had to remind them the 1st month. I don't let them slack with that. I definately let them know because in my opinion, thats the way I see my weightloss. I mean I can see i'm losing weight by the scale and how my clothes fit but the inches matter to me the most. Its hard to see how much weight you've lost by looking at yourself because you see yourself everyday and you don't notice because its gradual so I look forward to the measuring.

Closed Thread