It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2006, 07:06 AM   #1

BlessingsGalore HB User
Question The "After 7:30 PM" diet ?

That's what I'll call it.

You know, it's when you don't snack or have ANYTHING but water after 7 or 7:30 PM. 3 hours before your bedtime.

I started that last night in an effort to GET STARTED to get this 20 pounds that have been sitting on me for 10 years now OFF !

Next I will fast one day a week so my digestive system can detox and cleanse.

After that, I'm doing the 6 mini meals without the last one, so I should say 5 mini meals a day. It seems to keep my sugar up and I seem to lose weight on it.

Next I'm going to get on that treadmill, because it's so hard to lose weight if I don't exercise.

Have any of you done a program similar to this ?

Have you tried the NOTHING after 7 PM thing ? Did you lose weight doing that alone. I feel so much smaller in the stomach and abdomen area the next morning when I don't snack until bedtime.............wonder why.....

Thanks, BLESSINGS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User
Re: The "After 7:30 PM" diet ?

Hi Blessings -

Well, I rarely eat after dinner anymore (usually eat about 6) and it hasn't really done anyhting for me as far as weight loss. My body doesn't really care what time of day it is - I can exercise at 9 at night, have a cup of coffee and still be asleep by 10:30. I can eat nothing all day and pig out at 10 pm and lose weight, as long as I am eating fewer total cals in a day. For me timing just isn't an issue, but everyone's body is different.

For example, I know a lot of people are able to lose some weight simply by drinking more water or taking a walk every day...for me that will never happen - my body only responds to one thing - less food. Sometimes I think exercise doesn't even make that big of a difference.

But, if you are feeling like it makes a difference then by all means keep it up. It actually gets very easy to do after a few days. I never even think about eating after din anymore.

Last edited by mjewell; 03-14-2006 at 10:02 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

MaxOT26 HB User

Weightloss comes down to one thing, and one thing only. You must consistantly day in and day out burn more calories than you take in. That is the bottom line to loseing weight. It gets no more complicated than that.

You could eat ten candy bars right before you went to bed and if you were still in a calorie deficit for the day you would not gain weight. It's impossible. The only thing meal timeing does is increase your metabolism and help regulated insulin levels. That is why the six small meals a day is so often recommended. If your sixth meal is 30mins before bedtime, but is within your daily calorie plan for the day then there is no problem with it. You need to figure out what your daily calorie intake needs to be, then set up your meals every 3 hours or so based on your schedule. Do not worry about what time a day it it.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:49 AM   #4

BlessingsGalore HB User
Post Re: The "After 7:30 PM" diet ?

I think what I didn't make clear is the fact that I'm just doing ONE THING...beginning to work on a lifestyle and finding what works for me.

My calorie intake can only be about 1200 calories a day, no matter how many times I eat.

And Fasting is one of the most beneficial things in this world one can do for thier bodies. Resting the colon and letting the scanvenders do their thing on the rest of the body instead of the food is a great way to detox the body.
DRINKING lots of WATER.

I'm just getting started. Trying to find what works for my body.......for a way to live NOT DIET. SO, I'm at the STARTING POINT of doing just ONE THING TO GET STARTED.............OK, maybe 2 or 3 !

Last edited by BlessingsGalore; 03-15-2006 at 07:50 AM.

Old 03-16-2006, 03:18 PM   #5

BlessingsGalore HB User

RUBBISH they called it.

I've lost "3 lbs" just giving up food after dinner, from
7:30 PM on, just this week. AND clothes fit so differently in the mornings.

Rubbish...........................WHATEV ER..... I'LL TAKE some more of this
RUBBISH !!!

Last edited by BlessingsGalore; 03-16-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Old 03-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessingsGalore
RUBBISH they called it.

I've lost "3 lbs" just giving up food after dinner, from
7:30 PM on, just this week. AND clothes fit so differently in the mornings.

Rubbish...........................WHATEV ER..... I'LL TAKE some more of this
RUBBISH !!!
The Reason why is that you are eating less by not eating after dinner. If you spread the same amount of calories over the whole day including after 7:30 you would have the same results.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 03-16-2006, 04:56 PM   #7
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Quote:
I think what I didn't make clear is the fact that I'm just doing ONE THING...beginning to work on a lifestyle and finding what works for me.

My calorie intake can only be about 1200 calories a day, no matter how many times I eat.

And Fasting is one of the most beneficial things in this world one can do for thier bodies. Resting the colon and letting the scanvenders do their thing on the rest of the body instead of the food is a great way to detox the body.
DRINKING lots of WATER.

I'm just getting started. Trying to find what works for my body.......for a way to live NOT DIET. SO, I'm at the STARTING POINT of doing just ONE THING TO GET STARTED.............OK, maybe 2 or 3 !

As For fasting...There is not any scientific evidence to show that it does anything. It is Widely Recommended by naturopaths and holistic medicine.

Mainstream Doctors and scietists does not believe there to be any benefit.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 03-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #8

BlessingsGalore HB User

Well, I'm a Christian and my instruction book clearly tells me there is something benefical to fasting for my body and otherwise. Each to his own.

Old 03-16-2006, 09:24 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

MaxOT26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejbirdie
The Reason why is that you are eating less by not eating after dinner. If you spread the same amount of calories over the whole day including after 7:30 you would have the same results.
Oh your right on the money!

Old 03-16-2006, 09:27 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

MaxOT26 HB User

Quote:
Well, I'm a Christian and my instruction book clearly tells me there is something benefical to fasting for my body and otherwise. Each to his own.
Fasting is good for you don't worry. However, you can't detox your body in 24 hours but, it will help improve your digestive system. What book are you talking about........"The Maker's Diet"?

Old 03-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #11
(female)

Anjjou72 HB User

Blessings, I agree with MaxOT26 concerning the benefits of fasting, and I also agree that this cannot be accomplished in 24 hours. I've fasted in the past and my program is 7 days, consisting of this:
Two days of eating RAW fruits and vegetables, drinking water and herbal tea.

Three days of actual FAST (NO FOOD!), only drinking water (I put lemon in mine), herbal tea, and fresh vegetable or fruit juice (except orange) from a juicer. I don't use a juicer personally, I use pure apple cider instead.

Two days of eating RAW fruits and vegetables, drinking water and herbal tea.

The hardest thing about this for me is the fact that you can't chew gum during the actual fast as it gears up the stomach enzymes, thinking they have to digest something. Being that your intention is to give everything a rest, you don't want that. The raw veg and fruits two days before and two days after are to ease your system in and out of fast mode. You can't just go depriving your body of food right off the rip for a few days, then decide you want to eat normal again. Not a good plan, and it'll surely backfire on you. Don't worry about being hungry either because you won't be. Your stomach won't even growl! Remember, we can go a long time without food, but we cannot do the same for water.

People who know nothing about fasting are always quick to say that it's torture, depriving, and harmful for your body when in fact it is the exact opposite. The way I see it, it is only torturous when you don't have the right mind set when you begin your fast. You have to accept the fact that this is what you have to do, and you do it. It is not depriving at ALL, because your system gladly welcomes the break from all of the harmful foods that are put in it on a daily basis. Unless you eat completely whole and "clean" foods, you will fall into this category, and your system will need a break. Read some labels on what you ingest and you'll see what I mean. I'm talking ingredients here, not calories and fat grams. If the ingredients are a paragraph long and you can't pronounce any of the words, you shouldn't be eating it!

Continue to make your changes one change at a time and if you know YOU well enough, you'll know when it's time to fast.

Best of luck!

Old 03-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #12

BlessingsGalore HB User

Let me see if I can answer. WHY not after 7:30 PM .....??? Because most people are very inactive after dinner and therefore the calories/fat just sit there over night. Also, since I stopped the eating after 7:30 PM, I'm sleeping so much better............guess my body is not having to spend that time DIGESTING SO MUCH JUNK I'VE put in it.

MAX...........that was a great report...........thank you for sharing that. AMAZING.

AND YES, I too would love to get up to 3 days. I too agree as for health, one day is not going to do much, but it's just a STARTING PLACE for me, to get me up to that. When you haven't fasted for a long time, you've gotta get up for it.

GOT IN JEANS TODAY I haven't worn in ages. My body seems to be very sensitive to the small changes I do make quickly.

OPRAH...........the guru on diets and fats says the food we put on our lips after 5PM is known as what goes on the HIPS. Whether or not that's true or not, I dunno....but I sure can tell a difference in a few things. Clothes/Sleep to begin with.

They say to do JUST ONE THING to change your life and that's what I'm trying to do. TO START OFF !

Old 04-27-2006, 09:37 AM   #13
(female)

Sophia917 HB User

There is definitely validity to your "after 730" diet. Your body's metabolism slows down while you sleep, so if you eat a meal immediately before bedtime, instead of burning the calories at a normal, "awake" rate, your body tends to conserve them and store them as fat. What you eat can make this more or less noticable. Eating simple carbohydrates, such as white bread, pasta, rice, or any kind of sweet with sugar is far worse than having a piece of fruit or a salad with lean meat before bed. In fact, I've heard of people eliminating carbohydrates after 430pm and only eating salads and soups in the evening, in order to maximize your body's efforts. Sure, cutting calories as a whole will increase likelihood of weight loss, but working with your metabolism will expedite the process.

Closed Thread