It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #1
(male)

doglover HB User
Trying To Lose Some Weight. Any Pills That Help?

I am wondering if any of those ads on TV, in the paper or on th eradio actually work.

Anyone have any luck with any of them? If so, what worked?

Thanks

Old 05-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #2
(female)

Alex9 HB User
Re: Trying To Lose Some Weight. Any Pills That Help?

I have heard all this talk about Farenheight or whatever and to me that sounds like something that would cause you to be up one minute and drained the next. Kind of like an energy drink, would give you a quick kick then leave you dead. I have been taking trimspa pills and have lost about 10 pounds in 2 weeks. A lot of people would say that is dramatic but i put on a lose weight pretty quick. I would recommend them, you are taking 6 pills a day at most but i mean....taking pills isn't the end of the world, i take 5 advil about 4 times a day as well.

-alex

p.s. lately it has made me a little touchy, moody...ish. I'm not sure if it is due to the diet pills or just life in general.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 08:30 AM   #3
(female)

FMY HB User

Alex9,

You may want to see a doc about taking so many advil. Take it from someone who learned the HARD way, they can cause major permanent liver damage. The reason the bottles say not to exceed the dose and not to take more than 7 days is that reason. They should tell you that on the bottle. I took about 20 a day for a year and a half and finally broke down and went to the doc. After having blood tests I have almost an inactive liver, my combined cholesterol was only 79 (dangerously low) and I was only 25 at the time.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:10 AM   #4
(female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

Well I am taking Dospan they are awesome I have had no side affects but lost 9 pounds in 15 days. Thay suppress your appetite, if you do eat too much you will feel aweful and then you will no not to eat that much again.

Old 05-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Never heard of Dospan. Where do you get them from?

Old 05-01-2006, 02:12 PM   #6
(female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

I got them from my Doc the correct name is tenute dospan

Old 05-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
(male)

doglover HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNNEWFIE
I got them from my Doc the correct name is tenute dospan
Is it prescription?

Old 05-01-2006, 06:48 PM   #8
(female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

Yes they are persciption.

Old 05-02-2006, 07:02 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Well, I'm gonna find me another doctor. She refuses to prescribe me diet pills although she told me I'm 50 lbs overweight. She wants me to do it the hard way. I mean, I've done it before but I just don't want to go through that nightmare again.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:18 AM   #10
(female)

Curvy Girl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shucky ducky
Well, I'm gonna find me another doctor. She refuses to prescribe me diet pills although she told me I'm 50 lbs overweight. She wants me to do it the hard way. I mean, I've done it before but I just don't want to go through that nightmare again.
shucky, honey, I don't wanna go thru that nightmare again either, but I'm gonna! It's the only sure & pure way - that is, good'n'healthy. Who cares if you lose 50 pounds but then have a heart attack, or liver failure, or intestinal damage? What good is that? I think that overweight people (myself included!) just want that "fast fix" so bad, we're willing to do unhealthy things to make ourselves healthy. It would be nice to be able to lose 50 pounds in a month & feel like a million bucks doing it, but really - it just isn't possible.

I'm fighting with my weight just like everyone else here. I've lost (and gained) at least 30 pounds about 5 times in my adult life. I'm fighting it once again. I know how to lose it. I know how to do it in a healthy manner and not starve myself or kill myself with crazy exercise.

My problem? KEEPING THE WEIGHT OFF - obviously! But at least throughout my adult life with all the insane products I've bought off TV or in magazines, and all the crazy "latest fad diets" etc, I have learned this: The only healthy sure way to lose the weight is proper nutrition & exercise. It has to be a lifetime commitment. The last time I lost weight, I was happy and doing so well... until I injured myself and had to be sidelined from the gym. I was EIGHT pounds within my goal weight. It took me around 3 1/2 or 4 months to gain back what I had lost. Now I'm back in the gym and eating properly and losing about 1.5 - 2pounds per week. WHICH IS NORMAL & HEALTHLY. I've learned, for me, exercise is the real key. As long as I'm exercising regularly, my diet kind of takes care of itself. That is, I don't want to ruin a good hour's work-out by downing a half package of cookies! - so after I've gone to the trouble to "sweat it out", I am more inclined to eat better.

Good luck to you - & remember - it's not just about "being skinny" ... it's about BEING HEALTHY.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:43 AM   #11
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

I hear ya. Like you said, the majority of us are always looking for that 'quick fix' diet pill. When in all honestly, in the long run, not only will you not keep the weight off but pills have all kinds of side effects. So, you are absolutely right, while depending solely on diet and exercise to lose weight may be the hardest way, it is also the safest way. I lost 80 lbs last year doing just that. I was at one of the happiest points in my life. But, the mistake I made was concentrating so much on actually losing the weight but failing to deal with the food addiction and the emotional reasons why I overeat. I ended up gaining 50 of those pounds back in less than a year. I am now dealing with the addiction issue and realize this weight thing is going to be a life long battle. The reality is no matter what weight I am, I will never be like 'those other people' who can eat large quantities of food and never gain weight. This time when I reduce my weight back down to where I was last year, I will have the power and the knowledge to stay there.

Closed Thread