It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2006, 08:08 AM   #1
(female)

eggysbrain HB User
apple cider vinegar- does it really work?

I'm reading a lot about apple cider vinegar being added to a diet and excersie to help lose weight. Does it work? Has anyone tried it and found it works? I read it also works for acne and acid reflux. I take pills for the acid reflux but I'd rather not if there was another way. I'm also interested to know how exactly to take it because I hear it rots your teeth! i work in a pharmacy that sells the pill form but I'm sure the liquid form works better...

any thoughts would be appreciated greatly! My weight loss goal is about 60 pounds right now!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #2
(female)

Dalzy HB User
Re: apple cider vinegar- does it really work?

YES IT DOES WORK!!!!!!
I used it about 3 years ago, when I was still in college and need to lose weight real fast in a short space of time. I used to drink apple cider vinegar (about 2 tblsps) in a glass of water when I woke up before break fast, after lunch and before I went to bed. Within a 2 months I lost about 35-40lbs, together with a balanced diet and regular exercise. I still use it, but drink only a glass of water with it once a day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2006, 01:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

I saw a woman on one of those judge shows last year and she lost over 100 lbs and she swears it was because of the apple cider vinegar. She said she cooked a lot of her food in it. There's definately no scientific proof that it actually aids in weight loss but there are a lot of people who claim that it aided them greatly in their weight loss. I've tried it in the past but I guess I made the mistake of drinking it straight. The taste was so horrible I couldn't stick with it for more than a couple of days. Maybe I'll try mixing it with water and see if that helps. I know a woman who used to be more than 100 lbs overweight before she had bariatic surgery a few years ago. She says one of the ways she keeps her weight down is she bakes her meats in apple cider vinegar. Like anything else, you have to try it and see if it works for YOU.

Last edited by shucky ducky; 06-12-2006 at 01:34 PM.

Old 06-12-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
(female)

Chloe.Roma HB User

Sometimes shucky ducky I read your post's and just start laughing out loud. The drinking the vinegar straight and one time someone was talking about South Beach Bars or cookies and you said you could not wait to get your hands on them or something like that. It was so funny.

Old 06-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #5
(female)

eggysbrain HB User

I guess you mix it with water? I'm not sure exactly how much to take- everyone says the taste is so horrible...lol.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
(female)

squeakyy HB User

how much vinager with how much water? And HOW does it work for you? (what do you see or feel different when taking it, then when you don't)

Thank you!

Old 06-13-2006, 05:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

coffeegirl2 HB User

Does it make you lose your appetite?

Old 06-13-2006, 06:29 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

Well, I took some this morning (this time with water) and I haven't lost my appetite. Allegedly, the cider is supposed to help speed up your metabolism. I bought a whole bottle with me to work. I just hope I remember to take it before the rest of my meals. My short-term memory is a little sparse. I wonder if they have a board on here for that?

The same lady I mentioned earlier who says she cooks the meats in apple cider vinegar claims she pours the vineger in a glass and drinks it straight because she just loves the taste of it. She also loves the taste of raw, uncooked pasta, noodles and macaroni. She snacks on them all day at work. I've seen her do it. The girl has some real issues.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:50 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

I hear what you're saying, bluej. I think the success of most of these weight loss "gimmicks" (pills, vinegars, shakes, etc.) all lie in each individual's mind. As long as YOU think that it's working and it's not putting your health at risk, then by all means stick with it.

Last edited by shucky ducky; 06-14-2006 at 07:51 AM.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:21 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

I used to drink apple cider vinegar and think I will start back up. I took 2TB and mixed it with a little water. I tried both hot and cold water; the (ice) cold water was much easier to get down. Here's the key - drink it with a straw. The vinegar is bad for your teeth and also it helps to get it down if you don't like the tase. I did lose weight but I don't know if the vinegar contributed to my success. I have read that apple cider vinegar helps with digestion so who knows. One think I did read is that organic apple cider vineger is much, much better. If you can find it, it will have "floaters" in it or will appear cloudy, that's the "mother." I think that's what it's called. Everything I've read said the vinegar with the "mother" is much better for you. I did plain old Heinz but if can get my hands on organic, I think I'll give it a try. I think you can order it online. Wait, you can get anything online these days.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Cute marketing gimmick for a delicious vinegar, but no, it doesn't help with weight loss (nor cure Plague, stop acne, or slay dragons. )

Makes for a good salad though.

Last edited by Lenin; 06-14-2006 at 09:42 AM.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:48 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Makes for a good salad though.
Yep, it does make a tasty salad and adding it to your diet certainly couldn't hurt.

Old 06-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
(female)

kali23 HB User

All I can say is I started taking it for acid reflux about 2 months ago, without being aware of it's supposed other benefits. Two months later, my reflux is better, my skin is better, and I've lost 18 pounds without changing my diet or exercise... After I started losing weight, I looked up ACV on the Internet and found out that it supposedly helps with that. Believe what you want - all I can say is it works for me, and I actually like the taste. I just have one tablespoon in a small glass of water before breakfast everyday. It may not work for everyone, but I honestly haven't changed my eating or exercise habits in the past few months... I think it's pretty strange, but I'm not complaining!

Old 06-15-2006, 01:40 PM   #14
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

no offense...but even if it does Work.....Its not going to Make you lose 18lbs in 2 Months all by itself. There has to be something else in play to account for that much weightloss.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 06-16-2006, 06:56 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

I have heard it is very good for acid reflux and digestion problems. That's fantastic that you've had such results and really, it can't hurt to give it a try.

Closed Thread