It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2006, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

tpagm HB User
Please help....lost 10lbs so far

Please offer any advice if you can.......
I lost 10lbs in two months by sticking to a 1200-1500 calorie diet. Eating very healthy....fruits, veggis, protein, etc. I have one cheat day on the weekends.
I excerize 3 days a week...I run and walk on the treadmill 45mins or I attend a spinning (cycling class) 45mins-1hr and I weight train 2-3 times a week.

My weight loss has come to a hault. It has been two weeks and my weight has not moved. Can someone please offer some suggestions to get my body to lose weight again? I want to lose another 5-10lbs then I will just want to maintain my weight. I have been losing weight on an average of 1-2lbs a week so I am going about this very healthy.

I have checked my BMR and I am consuming the right amount of calories to lose weight.

Should I up my calorie intake for a week and then go back down. Should I lower my calorie intake? I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance for your advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User
Re: Please help....lost 10lbs so far

I know a lot of people don't want to hear this but you must increase your cardio activity. 3 days a week for 45 minutes is not enough for someone trying to reduce their weight.

Last edited by shucky ducky; 07-27-2006 at 09:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

JenniferLPilg66 HB User

The way I keep seeing good results is drinking as much water as i can stand! I'll have a coke or tea or anything else if i go out to eat so i wont burn-out but i just stock up on loads of bottled water and drink them alllll dayyyy long. Ive also taken caffiene pills not for energy (kinda weird) but because they give me dry mouth and i feel like i cant quench my thirst so it doesnt seem like a chore to drink the water!! ive lost 17lbs and kept it off for a month and a half and still losing...not excercising(even though i need to), and i eat whatever i want just no less than 3hrs before bedtime. good luck!!

Jennifer

Old 07-27-2006, 12:04 PM   #4
(female)

tpagm HB User

thanks for your advice guys.

Old 07-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #5
(female)

nicollew HB User

I agree with more cardio and tons of water.

Also, another thing is to vary your cardio and weight training. Your body gets used to the same old diet and exercise so you need to shake it up by changing machines, classes and/or intensity even if you like what you're doing now just to shock your body. You can always go back when you see results to what you were doing before.

Old 07-27-2006, 01:24 PM   #6
(female)

tpagm HB User

Well all I do is drink water. I will sometimes have tea and diet coke otherwise the only thing I drink is water.

As far as working out. I do the treadmill, the ellictical and the bike when I spin. I also take body pump classes which uses weights as well as work out on the machines at the gym. At home I walk my dog every day around my neighborhood.

I mean maybe I can switch that around somehow but I definitely stay active or at least try to. I do have days were I just stay home because I am too tired to exercise however, I don't go over my calorie limit.

I write down everything I eat even if I am added a teaspoon of butter or a teaspoon of mayo.

Thanks for all your advice.
I will definitely trying switching up my work out routine and see if that helps. Maybe I will go for an hour of cardio 6 days a week instead of 3 days a week. I do weight training two days a week. I guess I can do weight training 3-4 days a week. I always give myself a day or two or rest.

thanks again

Old 07-28-2006, 05:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

tpagm,

Stalling is very much a part of ANY weight loss regimen. It's your body making adjustments.
Just stick to the 1200-1500 calories and good exercise routine, the weight loss will sneak back in, often with fits and starts of several pounds at a time (sometimes called WHOOSHES! )

Every couple weeks, have a 2000 calorie day...sometimes it throws the body off balance and helps jump start the weight loss. Don't do it too often though.

Old 07-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

I generally only workout in the morning. But, I tell you, the last time I lost a lot of weight, I got my last five pounds off by adding an extra cardio workout in the evening for 5 days straight. Man, did that 5 lbs fall off quickly!

Old 07-28-2006, 09:32 AM   #9
(female)

tpagm HB User

Thanks again for all your advice.
I went ahead and ate a lot more calories last night then normal.

I am going to hit the gym hard this weekend and go from there.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:09 PM   #10

Annee HB User

Could it be that your monthly PMS weightgain is counterbalancing the fat pounds you're losing? If that's the situation, your true weightloss will show up on the scale in a week or two. (Happens to me all the time! )

Old 07-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #11
(female)

tpagm HB User

That is definitely not the case. I have been on this diet for well over two months now and I am steadily losing. I am so happy with my progress and hopefully this plateau will end. I plan on hitting the gym hard this weekend and keeping up with my 1200-1500 calorie diet.

I am finally in my goal jeans : )

Old 07-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #12
(female)

tpagm HB User

I also hear that once you are near your goal weight it is hard to get those last 5 pounds off.

Closed Thread