It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2006, 04:14 AM   #1
(female)

weeweejujubee HB User
Talking Happily Surprised!

Well it's been a couple months since I've posted so I thought I'd give an update. I've been on Meridia since April I think? . ? I have been taking it for the past month about 4 times a week. Since it is expensive and I don't want to take them forever I've been trying my best to do without to see how it goes. I've not got on scale in a month, you see that was one thing I decided right away that I was going to change, NOT getting on scale at home. I had been going to the doctor every two weeks for blood pressure and weight check for almost 3 months and all kept checking out fine. Actually this medication did not raise BP at all. I'm one of the lucky ones because I've heard the stories on these boards about BP going up once starting on Meridia. Sooo, gradually I stopped going to doctor every two weeks because all kept checking out fine. I will be going again next week though because I don't want to assume all is well I'd rather know for sure.

Now to the reason I'm posting today. I got out my scale at home this morning and dusted it off, looked around sheepishly and jumped on. To my surprise I've lost 45 pounds now since April. Like I posted in other spots I do go to the gym but over the last month haven't been as much just because I'm so busy with summer time activities that I can't seem to find the time, I plan to go back once this HOT HOT weather cools down a bit.

The last time I was at the doc office I was down 40 pounds and I'd really thought for sure I'd be at that same point when I got on scales this morning. I've been allowing myself some treats now and then (once or twice a week) and with not going to the gym as much I just figured I'd be maintaining weight loss.

I too do not want to be on Meridia forever. I have 15 pills left and I plan to use them and be done. We'll see if that happens though. I really need to get another 25 pounds off but with will power and determination I think I can do that without the pills.

Thanks for listening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2006, 05:34 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Tloat HB User
Re: Happily Surprised!

Great news! I'm glad to hear of your sucess! Keep going to the gym and the remaining lbs will fall off.

Best of Luck.

Old 08-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Thats wonderful girl, keep up the fantastic work.

Old 08-11-2006, 04:25 AM   #4
(female)

weeweejujubee HB User

Thanks for the support! I just got back to work from a vacation which I didn't take Meridia at all and jumped on scales after not weighing myself for a couple weeks. Well, scale didn't move it was the same as before. Nothing lost nothing gained. Whew! So now I'm back on my normal schedule and it feels so good . Now back to the gym.
You know what feels odd though? When I look at myself I still feel as if I've not lost a single pound. I know this is a mental thing, but the longer I stay at this weight and don't see changes I get a little upset. I know it's stupid, I have to be happy with myself for what I've accomplished so far, and I am. But just wonder if anyone else feels that way when they hit a platoe (spelled that wrong).
Kim :0)

Old 08-31-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
(female)

Nessy79 HB User

Hello!
I'm a newbie (you're my first post!) I started on Meridia today - I was wondering, how often to do you go to the Gym and how much did you start out weighing?
thanks!

Closed Thread