It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #1
(female)

melissahpk HB User
Phentermine

I just starting taking Phentermine 30mg today with a 1/2 water pill Lasix 20 mg prescribed by my doctor and let me tell you I think it all depends on the person, because I feel like I could run in a marathon. I haven't eaten a thing but a stick of mozzerella string cheese and I am on my second bottle of water and I am not hungry at ALL!! For lunch I plan on having a salad with turkey & swiss chesse, no salad dressing. I really do not like salad dressing. I also will be taking Phendimetrazine 35mg around 3pm to help control my appetite in the evening. My doctor also put on a NO Carb diet (sorta like Atkins). I am to follow this plan for two weeks. I have a follow up appointment in two weeks to see how I have done.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
(female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User
Re: Phentermine

Hi there from Alta, Canada
I usd phentermine a few different times the first time exactly what you said no hunger and tons of energy and I lost 33 pounds in 5 weeks awesome. I was really scared of getting addicted to it so I stopped taking it and the next time I tried it I had really bad experience very bad panic attacks, I don't know if it was because I read that it was really bad for you or what but it freaked me out. I was tempted to give it another try this week went to the doc and it's off the market.. So ask your doc why and where and the whats. They have replaced it with Tenute Dospan, I tried it a while ago and I lost 9 pounds in the first 2 weeks but nothing the next 2 weeks so I think I am going to try it again. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mark1e HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissahpk
.... My doctor also put on a NO Carb diet (sorta like Atkins). I am to follow this plan for two weeks. .....
The low carb diet should break the carb-craving cycle. People often make the mistake of increasing the carbs back up to the pre-diet level. The carb-cravings start all over again and the weight comes back on. If you want to keep the weight off, stick to the low-carb way of eating.

Cheers,

Mark

Old 08-10-2006, 09:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

AlstottGirl221 HB User

Phentermine (Adipex) is not off the market. Where did this information come from? I just refilled mine this week.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
(female)

renatusbee HB User

And I refillled mine today! It better not go off the market! THis has been my lifesaver!

Old 08-14-2006, 01:17 PM   #6
(female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

Well I just went to my doc on Friday and Inquired about phentermine and he said they took them off the market because there have cases of breast cancer associated with them.I was sad too cause yes they really do work and I also talked to my pharmist and he too said that they were off the market. So now I am trying tenute dospan

Old 08-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

AlstottGirl221 HB User

Are you in the US? I have researched this online after I read your post, and I can't find a SINGLE thing about it being off the market. It's still selling here in Florida.

Old 08-14-2006, 08:20 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

AlstottGirl221 HB User

I just noticed your post said canada. That must be something up there. Here, it is still selling.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
(female)

FUNNEWFIE HB User

Yes, I am from Canada. I am not sure about in the U.S but here it is off the market due to breast cancer being associated with it.

Old 10-03-2006, 11:45 PM   #10
(female)

jamiegirl1 HB User

Please elaborate... Can you reference any news articles or onine links where we can find more information? I have been unable to find anything linking phentermine to breast cancer.

Could you be referring to fen-phen?

Old 10-04-2006, 06:55 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

As for as I know it is still on the market here in the us, I know a few people that their Dr prescribes it.
but with that said anyone taking that drug better be sure you don't have any hiddin /underlying heart condition/or heart desease!
and now there saying its possible to be link with breast cancer?
Think I would find a better way to lose weight!

Old 10-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #12
(male)

Laner HB User

Phentermine is the generic form of Adipex-P and is still on the market. I got mine last week. I like this stuff...it suppresses my hunger and I have a little more energy. I drink lots of water and don't crave foods like I used to. I am doing a low carb diet along with the pills and I think I'll be able to lose the weight I need to lose.
I have always loved sweets, starches, colas and junk food in general. Mom was a caterer and made the best cakes, pies, brownies etc... I never have been a person that exercised much but work long hours, snacking all day. I sometimes get up in the middle of the night and eat. I know not the best time of the day to eat. So you see I needed help!
I come from a family of large people and I am one of the smaller ones. My Mother died of a stroke at 63 and I have a younger sister with lots of health problems that are related to being overweight. I hope I can lose the weight I need to lose before I start having health problems.....Wish me Luck!!!

Old 10-08-2006, 06:47 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

I have been taking phentermine off and on for over the past 7 years. back on again after having a baby, I was afraid because my blod pressure went up I wouldnt be able to take them. But my doctor said phenterime doesnt really cause the pressure to rise all the time. I'm lucky,m because it hasnt had that effect on me either, but yes phentermine is a life saver and works very well!

I hate dieting. sorry.. this just makes it a lot easier.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #14
(female)

2B Me HB User

I am wondering about asking about it when I make an appt with a doctor supervised liquid diet plan just to get me started, but not to stay on it.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-09-2006 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Please do not post websites except as described in the posting rules section titled "How to share information".

Old 10-09-2006, 01:10 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Valo99 HB User

Anyone know how phentermine works exactly? Does it speed up the metabolism? I never change my eating habits when I take it and the weight just falls off. I see people here who are dieting while taking phentermine at the same time. I never saw a need to do that.

Closed Thread