It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 10:31 AM   #1
(male)

jennypash HB User
Lipodrene - is it safe?

I have seen a lot of posts about Lipodrene - doesn't it contain ephedra? Isn't that linked to deaths? I am intrigued by the results people are getting but wondering about side effects. Is there a down side?

Old 08-02-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User
Re: Lipodrene - is it safe?

I would love to know this too. Don't they make it without the efederin (Sp)? And is it just as good? Please help us out...........friends.

Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 11:25 AM   #3
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Hi!

I've been on it for approx a week now and have lost 4 lbs. I did a lot of research on it and from what I've been told and found on the web, the FDA recommends 100mg or less a day. Not all, but a lot of the deaths were linked to people who abused ephedra. I took it years ago when it was in Hydroxycut. It really works, but you have to respect the drug. The recommended dosage for Lipodrene is 50 mg per day which falls way below the FDA recommondation. Of course, if you have any health issues (heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc.)- please talk to your doctor about it first. Each pill has 25 mg of ephedrine group alkaloids in it combined with other ingredients such as caffeine, green tea extract, hoodia, etc. The band on ephedra was lifted to sell the ingredient only. Apparently, it still can not be produced. There are a lot of websites out there that explain the product and why it's legal to sell. I suggest doing some research prior to purchasing it.

It's worked for me and it will be a temporary suppliment until I get back on track with my weight loss. I just had a baby two months ago and the last half of the weight has not been easy to get off. I work out and eat healthy along with taking this product.

Good Luck!

Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User

There is also Lipodrene SR available which DOES NOT contain ephedra. I was concerned about that too and chose the Lipodrene Lite with half the ephedra in it. So far, no problems except that I switched to Decaf coffee because with the amount of coffee I drink and the caffeine in Lipodrene, I got really jittery. I've also only taken 1/2 a tablet after breakfast and 1/2 after lunch. I'll do that for a week or so, then maybe switch to a full one. If the 1/2 is still working, I'll leave it at that. Good luck on what you decide.

mmmcoffee

Old 08-02-2006, 12:53 PM   #5
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Please keep us all filled in. I want to try it, withouth the Efederin, so let us know.................

Thanks,
Donna

Old 08-03-2006, 06:01 AM   #6
(female)

seo HB User

I truly think ephedra has gotten a bad reputation, espcially here lately. If you start researching online you'll find tons of "conspiracy theory" websites that tell you that they want to ban it because the FDA wants to get in on the cash and make it available by perscription only. Don't know if that's true or whatever, but the previous poster was right on the mark- you have to respect the drug. There have been way more deaths from tylenol alone than from ephedra, and ephedra has been used in cold medications and asthma medications for years without problem. It's also been used in China for thousands of years as a weight loss aid. But, it's all about moderation. When you start taking ephedra, there are side effects for many- jittery feelings, very alert and full of energy. But as you continue with the product, those feelings fad and your body becomes used to it. And while the ephedra is still working the same in your system, you don't have the feeling it is. That is where many people up the dosage and get into trouble. Chocolatefor3 is right, the FDA recommends under 100mg a day to be safe (and actually only recommends 10mg if you look around, most products contain that now, lipodrene contains more, 25mg) The old dosage for ephedra before the ban was about 100mg a day. Well, a lot of people were taking six and seven times that amount and you can see how that would work out. Plus, the product does work great (GREAT actually!) and it would be very easy to see some wonderful results and want to up the dosage, but that's just not safe. Just like you wouldn't take 10 tylenol if you had a headache, you shouldn't abuse ephedra either. Like everyone has been saying, I would definitely do your research and figure out what's right for you. I am personally a huge fan of lipodrene, and ephedra products if used correctly. They've really helped me get mightly close to my goal, and I'd hate to see them banned because of a few idiots who abuse the product. But, I did a lot of research before I purchased the product and was very careful until I learned what my body would do with the product. Just do your homework and you should be fine!

And yes, there are 3 types of lipodrene- regular lipodrene with 25mg of ephedra, lipodrene lite with 12.5mg of ephedra and lipodrene sr without ephedra. My personal experience has only been with the original so I have no clue how the others work, but it sounds like mmmcoffee is having luck with the lite.

Old 08-03-2006, 07:23 AM   #7
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Thanks for the info. I am ordering.........I will keep you posted...when I get them..............

Old 08-10-2006, 06:49 AM   #8
(female)

psg HB User

Hi. Just wondering what stores carry Lipodrene. Thanks

Old 08-10-2006, 09:23 AM   #9
(female)

seo HB User

psg,
To my knowledge, no stores carry lipodrene. I believe you have to order it online. Just do a search and you'll find it for a pretty good price. Last batch I ordered was $26 a bottle- shipping included!

Old 08-10-2006, 11:34 AM   #10
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Update, this stuff is working for me. I have been on a 1/2 a pill a hour after breakfast, and 1/2 pill a hour after lunch, and it is starting to show. My clothes are getting looser.

Old 08-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #11
(female)

psg HB User

seo,
Thanks. I was hoping to find a store that carries it.

Old 08-10-2006, 06:42 PM   #12
(female)

Donna-Sue HB User

Hi, I too had to do a google to find it. Good luck..........

Closed Thread