It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #1
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User
Ab exercises

Anyone have any great ab routines they can share to get rid of excess fat around the mid-section? My diet is getting back on track, but I need a few intense ab routines to get rid of the "new baby fat".

Thanks!

Old 08-02-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

rubato HB User
Re: Ab exercises

You can only get rid of body fat through cardio and it's throughout your whole body. You can't spot reduce. You can do all the crunches you want, but you'll still have the fat over the muscle until you eat right and do cardio!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2006, 12:44 PM   #3
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

I am doing a combination of cardio and weight training. However, I'm looking for a few new suggestions on aggressive ab routines.

Old 08-03-2006, 06:03 AM   #4
(female)

seo HB User

I recently purchased an easy shaper (they contraption seen on tv- it was on clearance at Dick's Sporting Goods) and wow does it work the abs! Not sure if you're in the market for a piece of equipment, but if so I would highly recommend an easy shaper- It's much harder than it looks! Good for legs and tush too!

Old 08-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #5
(female)

TamWasHere HB User

I bought an Ab Lounge 2 just for fun! I like it. You have to use it 30 minutes at a time about every other day but it works. I drag it in front of the huge flat screen downstairs so I have something to keep me busy while I am using it. (I have found wireless headsets or TV make any excercise go by faster!)

If I get lazy I use Lotta Burke. Just google up "Lotta Burke hip hugger abs" and you can find the DVD. She was hurt in a car wreck and needed a gentle excercise program to get into shape, one that would not cause alot of stress on her! This is an awesome 15 minute work out, easy to do, (but you will be crying your eyes out in pain like a little baby the next day, I guarentee you will be using muscles you did not know you had!) The pain goes away after you do it a few times. Do it only every other day! (If you have an online video rental place you can get it there, just to try it out, I think the big online places all carry it)

I started out as a size 22 and I just got into my first pair of size 8!!!
low waisted jeans! Wheee!!!

I have never been an 8 in my entire life so this is pretty exciting!

Old 08-04-2006, 06:46 PM   #6
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamWasHere
I bought an Ab Lounge 2 just for fun! I like it. You have to use it 30 minutes at a time about every other day but it works. I drag it in front of the huge flat screen downstairs so I have something to keep me busy while I am using it. (I have found wireless headsets or TV make any excercise go by faster!)

If I get lazy I use Lotta Burke. Just google up "Lotta Burke hip hugger abs" and you can find the DVD. She was hurt in a car wreck and needed a gentle excercise program to get into shape, one that would not cause alot of stress on her! This is an awesome 15 minute work out, easy to do, (but you will be crying your eyes out in pain like a little baby the next day, I guarentee you will be using muscles you did not know you had!) The pain goes away after you do it a few times. Do it only every other day! (If you have an online video rental place you can get it there, just to try it out, I think the big online places all carry it)

I started out as a size 22 and I just got into my first pair of size 8!!!
low waisted jeans! Wheee!!!

I have never been an 8 in my entire life so this is pretty exciting!

That is great news!! It's always nice to hear success stories! It's something to be very proud of. How long did it take you to get down to the size 8? I just had my third child and I'm struggling with the last 20-25 lbs. I'm spinning twice a week and lifting weights along with a good diet and I'm taking Lipodrene. I've only been taking the Lipodrene for a week now and have lost 4 lbs. However, I have a long way to go. For some reason, my body LOVES to hang onto the last 20 lbs and it takes forever to get rid of it! Thanks for the info on the ab stuff. I'll look into it.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:15 PM   #7
(female)

imaginarydivabc HB User

Try Yoga or Pilates. That will put some variety to your workouts.

Closed Thread