It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
(female)

Chowie HB User
lost weight without exercise

I have lost 45 pounds within the last year. First I counted calories, and lost 20. I eventually joined weight watchers and lost the rest.
The thing is, my skin is now saggy! I know this is pretty common, but I'm only 16.

I lost weight to have a better body and feel good about myself. Now I'm just embarassed by how flabby I am as opposed to feeling bad about being fat.

Unfortunately I lost a lot of my wieght without exercise. Just dieting.

Do I now need to do weight training or something equally sinister? Not looking forward to it, but I'm willing to. Is that what I've gotta do?

Old 08-04-2006, 03:42 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

boicrazy3188 HB User
Re: lost weight without exercise

First of all, CONGRATS! For being 16, you had alot of motivation in you to lose 45 pounds. Now, because you didn't exercise, and the amount of weight you lost, you have sagging skin. I would suggest weight training, or some sort of cardio to tighten your skin. since you are so young, your skin still has that elasticity and will most likely go back to normal as you exercise. On the other hand, if you were quite overweight, your skin may not totally go back, even if you exercise. In that case, you would have to have surgery. Now, your only 16, so I definitely do not reccommend anything like that, because your body is still growing and it may fix itself. But, if in 5 years your still not happy, than maybe surgery is the way to go.
Either way, you should still exercise to keep that weight off. Great Job.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
(female)

Texanne HB User
Re: lost weight without exercise

Chowie, Chowie, Chowie,

Calm down! You are so young, your skin is very elastic. Do not get upset. Exercise is good for you and you should be doing some everyday, because hopefully someday you will be 40, 50, 60...and want to be in the good habit of getting 30 minutes of exercise a day! So make it something that you enjoy: Skating, dancing, jogging, etc... do it for YOU and your health! That said, (whew!) exercise does NOT tighten your skin. It MIGHT pump up your muscles if you are lifting heavy weights, for extended periods of time. That is hard to do for a female. Soon as you stop, you'll be right back where you started. If you research liposuction, you will find that lipo patients are sent home with a very restrictive girdle or corset for the very reason for which you are posting. The girdle/corset is worn constantly so that the skin will not be fighting gravity and shrink into the proper size for the new, smaller body part. (Supposedly).

Closed Thread