It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 04:56 AM   #1
(male)

falcone HB User
Diet plan

hi there, im 21/m and am looking to lose 8-10lbs.

I exercise for an hour or more 3 or 4 times a week, be it the gym or sports, however I could do so every day if needed.

I eat healthy and mostly avoid fast foods, choc etc. So i cant explain my weight gain.

Im a student. and i suppose maybe my drinking is the problem, although i hav cut down the regularity of my nights out, when i do go out i binge - us young Scots are ridiculously hard drinkers - but i can cut that out for the time being if needs be.

Could any of the more experienced dieters give me a kind of diet plan i could follow for a month or so, nothing too elaborate - im not looking for a day to day menu, just some foods to eat and avoid, how much exercise and cals i should take, and a few pointers. (and mayb tell me how i cud make allowances for the odd night out or two, so as not to become a complete hermit

Any help Would be really appreciated

hope to hear from u, thanks

Last edited by falcone; 08-05-2006 at 04:58 AM.

Old 08-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #2
(male)

falcone HB User
Re: Diet plan

come on guys :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 07:55 AM   #3
(female)

donna6206 HB User

Here are some suggestions this is what I do.
I do not eat any fried foods at all - no french fries nothing
I eat lots of fruit and veggies everyday
No chips, no white food like bread pasta rice instead eat brown rice, whole grain bread.
I think about everything I put in my mouth. I love cheese and have to limit myself from that
Don't keep anything tempting in your house. My family hates that I don't keep chips in the house but I just cant I will eat them and since I do the shopping that is the way it is..ha ha
I love to have my wine also so I limit myself to weekends only
Try to exercise at least 30 to 45 min every day - I walk on my treadmill fast.

Hope this helps you.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:55 AM   #4
(female)

kstaal HB User

you said that you exercise do you do any weight trainging? you don't have a lot to lose, by weight training you'll produce muscle and will burn more calories. it is best to weight train 3 days a week with a day off in between for your muscles to rest.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:37 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

falcone,

If you want to lose 10 pounds and CANT it's becasue you are eating more calories than will support the weight loss. It really is that simple.
Keep to a comfortable exercise schedule...well, a LITTLE pain ...but make sure your calories nevwer go above a certain level
For you, I think a good starting level might be 2000 calories/day. Most young adult males will lose pretty rapidly at that level.

Drink the Scotch if you wish but make sure that you tally the 75 calories per ounce pricetag (more if 100 proof "good stuff", less if 80 proof rotgut. )

Buy a food scale and weigh what you eat and mark the calories down immediately...there's no such thing as "around a serving"...you must be precise.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:43 AM   #6
(male)

falcone HB User

Hi guys thanks for the info i appreaciate it, just a few things

i calculated my RMR and it was around 1850, but to be honest i dont really think i go above that but ill start marking down all the cals to make sure.

and is weight training really gd for losing weight, because i think thats what got me a little chubby in the first place, i did weights, got a little muscle and then i think it turned to fat - mayb i didnt keep it up enough.

but ill take all your tips and stick to them and let you guys know how it goes!

thanks alot, you've all been really helpful!

Old 08-07-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
(male)

Dave440 HB User

Cut out starches for a little while for one (breads, pastas, candies). Cut out the beer as well since it's considered a starch. all these foods have a high glycemic load and could contirbute to the lack of weight loss (or gain). I'm not an advocate of Atikins since I believe carbs are important just as long as they comes from foods like veggies and fruits.

Weight training is just as important to loose weight as cardio is. The more lean muscle mass a person has the higher thier RMR is which consists of 70% of the carious burned in a day.

It all depends what how fit you want to be and then figuring how how determined you are to reach that goal. Also, find some activities that are fun that get your heart rate up for an extended period of time. Circuit training in the gym, cycling, running, etc. I became a cyclist a little while back and have dropped over 30 pounds in about 3 months (6 foot tall and and now around 195).

Also remember that your RMR can vary based on your diet. If you don't eat enough that number could drop so keep that in mind.

Last edited by Dave440; 08-07-2006 at 10:48 AM.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 AM   #8
(male)

falcone HB User

Should milk and tea be avoided during a diet?

I have 2 sugars in my tea, and drink semi-skimmed milk

Old 08-08-2006, 05:41 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcone
i calculated my RMR and it was around 1850, but to be honest i dont really think i go above that but ill start marking down all the cals to make sure.
I GUARANTEE that you will be amazed at your actual caloric intake!

No there's no chance of weightlifting making you fat...it's thermodynamically impossible.

Closed Thread