It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
(female)

Katy5 HB User
Tips for "emotional eating"

I recently have lost about 16 pounds and normally watch what I eat. The past few days have just been a mess because I've been fighting a lot of my family and it's taken a toll on me. I've been eating non-stop because when I think of how upset it makes me I just reach for some Tootsie Rolls or order a pizza or something. I'm so nervous if I don't nip this in the bud then I'm going to gain all my weight right back. Does anyone have any tips on how to overcome the dreaded "emotional eating?"

Oh and then afterwards I feel bad that I've eaten so much so it makes me more depressed so what do I do? Yep, just start the eating cycle all over again. I need to put a stop to it but it's hard to break out of.

Last edited by Katy5; 08-05-2006 at 07:44 PM.

Old 08-05-2006, 08:06 PM   #2
(male)

planbee HB User
Re: Tips for "emotional eating"

When you are depressed, exercise!
No matter how you are feeling, when you exercise you are going to feel better when you're done. Why not use exercising as a release tool for all these unwanted emotions?
When you have had a fight with your family and you go to stuff a 'Tootise Roll' in your mouth, stop and put it down and go for a walk or something, a cool off walk around your neighbourhood or even just on a treadmil?
Keep your chin up, up so high you can't even see those Tootsie Roll's when you look into your cupboard/refridgerator.
Stay strong.

Planbee.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
(female)

Bigbone HB User

I think the key solution is to remind yourself that you've already lost a lot of weight and eating that tootsie roll isn't going to make things better. Don't start feeding your feelings, instead deal with it. Next time when you're reaching for the pizza or the chips, ask yourself "is this going to make me feel better?" "Am I going to regret it later on?" Try channeling your emotions into feel good remedies, like going out for a nice walk or renting a movie. Hope you feel better soon .

Old 08-08-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
(female)

Holly4k9 HB User

As an emotional eater myself I keep all the JUNK out of the house.

Learn what your triggers are. Once you discover them you can prepare yourself..

Keep telling yourself you have come TOO FAR to give up now...

If you have a bad day just wake up the next morning and start again..You didn't fail, you just took a step back.. so get back on the wagon and take 2 steps FORWARD

Old 08-09-2006, 06:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Eating a couple of ''tootsie rolls'' wont hurt a thing!
The thing you need to do is get your depression treated A.S.A.P., it will and can take over your life, eating disorders is an exsample.
I recommend that you see a Quilflied Dr. >(depression can be treated)
and if your have problems in your family, do what I do stay away, I tell my family I realize they love me and mean well for me but I have my own life to live as I see fit, rather what I do or what I chose to do thats my decision, if I make mistakes, I learn from them and go on ,but let me live my life as I want.

you lost weight before so you know the drill and you know what you put in your mouth ...to much will and can cause you to start gaining.(obviously)

''dreaded emotional eating'' can be a thing of the past if you wake up and stop feeling sorry for yourself, wake up and be the real woman that you are. see a Dr and get on depression meds and right now would be the time to ''nip this in the bud'' by doing just that.

Now with this said I take it you are of age and not at home? if your a young teenager and still at home, then I highy ask you to get your parents/guardian to let you see a Dr for depression....if not seek help through your school nurse!
I wish you the best.

Closed Thread