It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
(male)

sikandar_bg HB User
Unhappy Frustrated and puzzled: please suggestions !!

Hello all,

I am 30, male, 5' 6'' and I weigh 150 lbs. I have been working out for a while now and managed to lose some weight. I do cardio (including HIIT) 3 days a week, for 35-40 minutes and weight training 3 other days (nothing too heavy, but moderate). I have deposits of fat around my waist and on the chest (man-boobs, arrrgghh, I hate them).

This regimen worked for a while, I started at more than 159 lbs and started losing weight and some fat, too. Just when I thought that I might finally look good, I seem to have hit the plateau. I had in fact gone down to 148 but gained back 2 pounds (can't figure out why) in the last week or so. I have done nothing out of the ordinary.

This is extremely frustrating, I dont know what else to do !! I am going nuts, I absolutely must lose this stupid fat and weigh no more than 140 lbs. Any help, suugestions anything at all so I can start losing again? Please help !!!

Thanks in advance, Sikandar

Old 08-06-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
(female)

donna6206 HB User
Re: Frustrated and puzzled: please suggestions !!

Just my opinion but I think you are at the right weight for being a male. Maybe you should concentrate on weight training and doing more ab type exercises. Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2006, 11:46 AM   #3
(male)

sikandar_bg HB User

Well, I still do have ugly deposits of fat in the wrong places, I must somehow get rid of those. But thanks, you made me feel good, actually.

Old 08-06-2006, 12:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

i agree with donna...try working out and building muscle, but wanting to weigh 140lbs for a guy?!?! not sure why youd want that...

Old 08-07-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User

150 lbs is absolutely a normal weight for a 5'6 male. Your body may be fighting you as far as you wanting to lose more weight. Many of us who lose weight and reach "goal", no matter how hard we try, still have fat deposits where we don't want them. Really the best way to get rid of those problem areas is through surgery. I already know once I hit my goal, I am going to have a lot of fat deposits in places I don't want them. Short of surgery, it's just something I'm gonna have to live with.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:32 PM   #6
(male)

sikandar_bg HB User
Thumbs up Re: Frustrated and puzzled: please suggestions !!

Ok, so 3 people said I am at the right weight, and 2 of them are ladies . I guess I will accpet that then, and just carry on staying fit and active and not go nuts about losing more weight.

And yes, shucky ducky, you are right. Surgery seems to be the only option. But right now I will have to live with it, I am a grad student, I cannot afford surgery. But I am graduating in a few months and as soon as I land a job, I am going to get a doctor's opinion. I am not sure I will have the surgery, but I will definitely get the consultation.

Thanks people for your replies, it felt good to be able to share this with you.

Sikandar.

Closed Thread