It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 11:11 AM   #1
(female)

wonderinrose HB User
Question Cant Lose any Weight

need help is losing 30 lbs.....very active, watch carbs and sugars, no red meat, eat fish, chicken, turkey, and some days just drink liquids cause I live in Arizona and hot and dry, weigh in the morning and then every morning and no weight loss....dont get it....bowel movement about every 2-3 days.....health good....help me...please wonderinrose from Tempe, AZ

Old 08-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

packerfan4ever HB User
Re: Cant Lose any Weight

Have you had your Thyroid checked?
Are you on medications?
I am in the same boat....
Have been hearing that the birthcontrol pill and my anti-depressants are helping me KEEP my weight I need to lose....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
(female)

wonderinrose HB User
Thumbs down Re: Cant Lose any Weight

yes on meds, just had hand surgery, but even before that on just celebrex for knee pain,,,,still cant lose the weight.....not on BC pills, had a complete removal of female organs over 3 years ago....need more advise....

Old 08-07-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Hi,
Being on meds will affect weight loss in general but it should not keep you from loseing, if your eating healthy? exerciseing ect,,ect.

perhaps you need to lower your calorie count... or whatch them ''drinks'' some juices are loaded with calories, and if you drink soda pop there loaded with sugars.

even if you do eat chicken/turkey/fish you need to make sure its prepared the correct way to get the lowest possible calorie count (for weight loss)not maintance.

You need to count everything you put in your mouth.. drinks,salad dressings,,all condiments, butter, margrine, breads, even fruits, they have calories.

Try to just notice the things you do eat and read the calorie count on the labels, or get you a calorie /carb book......so you will be sure and not just guess..it matters a lot what you eat/how much, some things you have to guess at? its hard to count every little calorie but try to get as close as you can, we call it estmateing calories
but most of the foods you have to count or weigh/or measure.
get ya a tablet write all your calories you eat down in one day
and for a woman its not recommended to go below 1000 calories a day, if you have been doing 2500/3000 calories daily , then try to reduce that amount in half..to 1500 /1600 daily calories.
with that and exercise every day I think you will start loseing....give it at least 4 weeks to work if you don't lose anything the first two or three weeks hang in ther for that one more week, then if you still did not lose or stayed the same...just lower your calorie count to say 1200 or even a 1000...were going to get you down to what you want to be, it just takes time darling.
good luck to ya.

Last edited by chevyman; 08-07-2006 at 03:42 PM.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:09 PM   #5
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

How long have you been trying?

And have you Calculated the CAlories you eat on average per day?

*** Chevy said...ITs about the calories. you can eat all the healthiest foods but if you arent burning more calories then you eat you wont lose weight.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Old 08-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #6
(female)

jules3612 HB User

Hey lady! Im sorry to hear about your struggles! I live in Az so I know what youre talking about. Ever since highschool, I have had so much trouble loosing weight esp after the pounds I gained my freshman year at college. I work out frequently also, (at the gym lol cant stand this heat ) and dont eat meat (except occasional seafood) so our diets seem similar. The only thing I have found to help me is metabolism stimulators; my current one is Lipodrene it seems to be giving me the boost I need. Idk, just trying to offer suggestions <3

Closed Thread