It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #1
(male)

Sam Fisher HB User
Would More Cardio Be Bad If Already Too Skinny?

Hi, I'm male 145lbs/6 Feet Tall, I've been lifting weights for almost 2 months now with no cardio. Last summer I weighed almost 180 because of all the junk I used to eat, I have cut everything out and lost a lot because of all the cardio I did in the past. What's really bothering me though is I know I am already skinny for my height but I still have some small love handles and some fat rolls you can see if sit down. A lot of people have said to just keep lifting weights because and basically live with the fact because those fat areas aren't coming off, Is this the best course then, just keep doing the weights? It just drives me nuts in a way that I still have this fat with my current weight, would adding cardio to the weights be a wise choice, or just stick with the weights?

Thank You For Any Advice.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User
Re: Would More Cardio Be Bad If Already Too Skinny?

You may or may not get rid of it. but either way neither is a reason to do or not do cardio.

CArdio iseally should be done regardless of if you trying to lose weight or not. there are many more Benefits to Cardio then Burning caloires and losing weight.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 07:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: Would More Cardio Be Bad If Already Too Skinny?

Sam,

Combining cardio and weights is always a good idea.

Since you've lost 35 pounds in a year, that's a LOT of calorie restriction. Perhaps add a bit more food and heavier weight to your barbells...don't drop your weight any more but add muscle. Those last pounds of fat should come off very slowly as you add more muscle.
If you see the muscle growth let your weight even drift upwards a bit to accomodate. Make sure your protein needs are met...with strength training, perhaps 70 grams/day is a fair minimum.

I'll say SOME cardio but more weights... keep that 2 month trend going.

Last edited by Lenin; 08-10-2006 at 07:24 AM.

Closed Thread