It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 09:03 PM   #1
(female)

silentspirit987 HB User
Lightbulb A liquid diet worked for me!

Hi, my name is Libby. For all of you who want to lose weight, let me tell you my story and solution.

My top weight was 270 pounds. I tried EVERYTHING to lose weight, from exercise to weight watchers to low carb diets to starving myself, and nothing worked. Then, I went to a weight loss center and discovered the blessed liquid diet.

I now am 80 pounds lighter, thanks to a modified liquid diet. The diet plan that I followed was called New Direction and Outlook. This method works because it gives you all of your nutrition in liquid form, 3 shakes a day, 200 calories, 6 grams of fat, 10 grams of carbs, and 27 grams of protein per shake. The diet is 600 calories a day, however you never feel hungry because of the balanced nutrition, vitamins, and minerals you are recieving.

You can expect to lose 20-30 pounds in six weeks on this program. It is not easy though. While you do not feel hungry on this program, you deal with much emotional pain and realization.

Drinking your meals in liquid shake form FORCES you to deal with your emotional eating issues. You might not think that you have any, but you will be surprised. I didn't think that I did either. However I realized how deep my emotional eating went on this program. Perhaps this is why I have had no problem keeping the weight off when converting back to food.

When on a liquid diet, you learn to recognize hunger for itself. No one enjoys drinking a shake like this, especially when its three times a day. So you truly begin eating (drinking) for hunger only. You are also forced to come up with new ways of satisfying your emotional needs.

For example, on a normal work day, I would look forward to going home to eat lunch. Even an apple and cheese would be nice. It made me feel good, occupied my time, and refueled me for the day. However when you know that lunch is a 10 second drink, it loses its appeal. You think to yourself "well, I will read that book or talk to my friends or take a short nap during lunch time after my shake". These new "feel good" behaviors begin to satisfy your emotional needs instead of food.

I used to ask my nutritionist "what do you put in these shakes?!? is it some secret weight loss pill?" because the weight loss was phenomenal.

Many people worry about liquid diets because they think that it doesn't teach you how to eat in the long term, and that after you stop the liquids, you will gain the weight back. NOT true. I have combated more of my emotional eating habits with this diet than with all others combined. And I have kept the weight off too, even while eating normal foods!

So that is my two cents on weight loss. From one dieter, who has tried and failed so many times, to another: if nothing else has worked for you, give this a try.

(ps: These diets are not cheap when done the right way. You should see a nutritionist that you know supplies liquid diet programs to do this right. Buying a ton of slim fast in Walmart will NOT work! The shakes are about 20 dollars for 7 shakes. The entire 6 week program, with medical monitoring, is about 900 dollars. However, consider the fact that you will not be buying groceries. Also consider that after 6 weeks, you will be at LEAST 30 pounds slimmer, if not more. If you are serious about weight loss, if nothing else has worked, and you would be willing to sacrifice to lose 30 pounds quickly, give it a try.)

(You can also do a less expensive, less intense liquid diet in which you replace two meals with shakes and have a third, measured meal of actual food. This diet does not require weekly meetings or medical monitoring and costs about 40 dollars a week (for 14 shakes, two meals a day). Don't forget, your grocery bill will go way down. This is available from the same nutritionists that supply the full liquid diet. Weight loss is still extremely significant.)

Last edited by silentspirit987; 08-07-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread