It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2006, 08:23 PM   #1
(male)

barnell09 HB User
water and weight loss

I am trying to lose about 15 pounds. I want to know if it is true that water can help, i have tried drinking lots of water but my weight goes up. Mabe im eating too much while drinking water, i don't know can someone help me. Also, i am 5 foot 6 and 161 pounds and a male 16 yrs old, how many calories should i be eating a day, while trying to losses weight

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 08:44 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

shucky ducky HB User
Re: water and weight loss

Water is a great tool to aid in weight loss. How many ozs are you drinking per day? As far as you saying your weight goes up when you drink a lot of water, what time of day are you weighing yourself? You should only step on the scale first thing in the morning before you consume any liquids or food. Your weight will fluctuate during the day so never weigh yourself after you have put liquid or food into your body.

As far as calorie intake for a 16 year old male, I'm not sure. That's something you would probably have to speak to your physician or a dietician about. I do know a teenage boy needs more calories than say someone in their mid-30's because you are still developing. Just be mindful of what you eat. I can not stress this enough, stay away from the white stuff (sugar, flour, pasta), you know, all of the things teenagers love. If you find this hard to do, eat their whole wheat counterparts in moderation. Keep drinking your water, eating fruits, veggies, lean protein, exercise and you should not have any problem losing those 15 lbs. And especially since you are so young, those pounds will drop off in no time.

Last edited by shucky ducky; 08-09-2006 at 08:49 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Drink whenn you're thirsty and then a little more.
NEVER force water; it can be dangerous and does NOT help with weight loss.

Old 08-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
(female)

beanerz777 HB User

Not true, I have been working out since last Christmas and haven't really seen a difference, the past 2 weeks I have been drinking 1/2 my weight in water each day and am finally dropping weight and body fat. (was 130 2 weeks ago now at 126 and I attribute it to the water intake) could be wrong or just a coincidence but I think not.

Old 08-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
(female)

Zepper2006 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenin
Drink whenn you're thirsty and then a little more.
NEVER force water; it can be dangerous and does NOT help with weight loss.
I'd like to know where you got this information from...

Old 08-11-2006, 12:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

It's true that drinking too much water can kill you, but you really have to go to excess, for example drinking 7 or 8 liters of water in less than 2 hours or more than 15 liters of water in one day. Drinking 8 to 10 glasses (8 ounce) a day (One pint = 16 ounces, so this is 4-5 pints or 1.89 to 2.36 liters) is what is recommended though some of this water could come from juice or fruit as well.

Last edited by livinTX; 08-11-2006 at 12:37 PM.

Closed Thread