It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

jules3612 HB User
I must be going Crazy... Lipodrene LOL!

Ok, so I started taking Lipodrene on Friday, August 4 and have noticed some staggering results... until last night, my weight hovered around 175 so Id only lost one pound (from 176) and I wasn't too encouraged but definitely not about to give up. The first few days I had hardly eaten a thing because of the appetite suppressant. Yesterday, however, I snacked a little during the day out of boredom and ate a large piece of quiche at my boyfriend's house. Needless to say, I was terrified to step on the scale when I got home, but within 24 hours, it appeared I lost two more pounds even after all I ate!!!! I dont know whats going on but I confirmed the weight loss this morning when I woke, and let me tell you, I have the most unforgiving scale EVER!!!! Worse than the one in the gym lol! Im not entirely sure what made the difference but I did do a few things out of the ordinary (besides the extra food): I drank about 100 oz of water throughout the work day, I took my first full ECA stack (which translates to taking Lipodrene plus some other OTC stuff three times a day which a personal trainer friend of mine suggested). Soooo long story short, Im wondering what everyone's weight loss patterns are, Is it just because it took a few days for the numbers on the scale to drop, the water, the extra dose of lipodrene (is anyone doing that?) or the random "cheat" day of actually eating? ... I just want to know what everyone's thoughts and possible weight loss patterns are...
The stats:
20 yrs old
medically healthy (just fat lol)
5' 5"
172 lbs (woooo!)
4 lbs in 5 days... I can live with that!

Thanks for your time everyone!!!!! (and inspiration on other threads)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #2
(female)

mmmcoffee HB User
Re: I must be going Crazy... Lipodrene LOL!

I wish my results were as good. I've been on lipodrene sine 8/1, but got a new scale on Sat and have been keeping close track. I am now at 120.5 but it hasn't changed in a few days. I thought maybe I wasn't eating enough and body was going into 'starvation mode'. I also did some snacking over the past few days. I think in total I'm only down a pound or two. The energy level is great though. I do still get jittery after taking a dose...(I'm only taking 1/2 after break and lunch and I have the Lipodrene Lite ) Maybe I just need to do more excercise. I've been walking a mile a day or so and sometimes 45 min on treadmill, but that's all. I'm going to keep at it and see how it goes though. NEVER give up! Keep us all posted on results. Thanks

mmmcoffee

Old 08-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

I just posted the below on the Lipodrene thread... I too am getting frustrated. I'm working out - spinning 2-3 days a week weight training 2-3 days a week, and consuming about 1500 calories a day (due to the heavy workouts). I know the weight training does appear to look like your gaining weight on the scale. However, I just got back into it after being off of it for 9 months (had a baby). I'm 5'10' and should weigh about 150-165 and I'm 185!!! I can't seem to loose the last 20 lbs or so. I just read on another post where someone else is taking 3 pills a day. I'm either thinking of doing that or drinking some coffee at night to help curb my appetite...

OK... been on the Lipodrene for approx 2.5 weeks now... still haven't lost anything over the 4 lbs I lost the first week. Has anyone else experienced this? I've noticed that I get really hungry around 9pm. I try to not eat, but end up eating something lite (a few triscuts or cantaloupe, etc.)

I take the last dose around 2 - an hour after I eat lunch and I start to feel hunger pains coming on. I don't want to take another dose as it's not recommended.

mmmcoffee- didn't you mention that you drank coffee the first couple of days of taking the Lipodrene? How did it make you feel? I may try to drink a cup of coffee around 6 or so (after dinner) to help curb the hunger pain?

Old 08-09-2006, 12:09 PM   #4
(female)

jules3612 HB User

Hey!
About the extra dose a day, it doesnt affect me much but my body puts up with a lot (given the college lifestyle lol). And Im kinda on a different track than anybody, which might change my results... Ive been told to take 3 doses a day of 25 mg of ephed. (75 mg total), 200 caffiene (since the lipo has 100 already, i take half of a caff. pill in addition to equal 600 mg a day (oh geeze)), and 250 mg aspirin (750 mg, which is like 1.5 aspirin a day). I was terrified when this was suggested to me, but I did a LOT of research on it and many diet companies use the formula, just this dosage cant really be marketed. It is popular among body builders bc it helps you loose fat w/o burning muscle and as long as no abuse occurs, its not too bad for you.

Have you considered cycling? My trainer said every couple weeks, the metabolism becomes resistant to the epehedra and you should quit for a few days... Im obviously not there yet since Ive only just started a few days ago but im definitely going to follow that plan.

I dont know what else to suggest, you sound like you definitely have the motivation!!! Good for you!!!!!!!! I wish your results were making you more satisfied, bc you definitely deserve it!!

Old 08-09-2006, 12:15 PM   #5
(female)

chocolatefor3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules3612
Hey!
About the extra dose a day, it doesnt affect me much but my body puts up with a lot (given the college lifestyle lol). And Im kinda on a different track than anybody, which might change my results... Ive been told to take 3 doses a day of 25 mg of ephed. (75 mg total), 200 caffiene (since the lipo has 100 already, i take half of a caff. pill in addition to equal 600 mg a day (oh geeze)), and 250 mg aspirin (750 mg, which is like 1.5 aspirin a day). I was terrified when this was suggested to me, but I did a LOT of research on it and many diet companies use the formula, just this dosage cant really be marketed. It is popular among body builders bc it helps you loose fat w/o burning muscle and as long as no abuse occurs, its not too bad for you.

Have you considered cycling? My trainer said every couple weeks, the metabolism becomes resistant to the epehedra and you should quit for a few days... Im obviously not there yet since Ive only just started a few days ago but im definitely going to follow that plan.

I dont know what else to suggest, you sound like you definitely have the motivation!!! Good for you!!!!!!!! I wish your results were making you more satisfied, bc you definitely deserve it!!

Thanks for the suggestions... I have a friend who is a body builder. I will ask him about the above combo. I'm sure he's heard of it. I just ordered some vitamin packets a couple of days ago. I'll have to check them to make sure none of it contains caffeine before I try the above. I have a class reunion in a couple of weeks and would LOVE to at least loose 10 lbs! Thanks!!

Old 08-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #6
(female)

jules3612 HB User

anytime if you wanna ****pedia search it you can get some good info too!!!! <3

Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 AM   #7
(female)

seo HB User

Well, I have been experimenting with taking a third pill for the past 2 days now. I am actually at goal now, but have decided to go a little further (we are never satisfied, are we??) and shoot for another 5 or 10 pounds. After hovering around the same 2 pound weight loss for a week and a half, I decided to try a third pill. No problems sleeping or getting jittery or anything like that. I have also lost an additional 2 pounds, finally getting me to my goal! I thought the lipodrene had the correct ECA stack, but if you're supplimenting, I guess maybe not? I'll have to check that out. I am also going to add some protein to my diet as I don't think I'm getting enough. Calories either, have to bump that up. Especially with working out so much.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #8
Veteran

bluejbirdie HB User

Please realize that the Pill is not Causing you to lose any Fat. It may be curbing your appetite....which results in Fat Loss as you are eating less...which is great Appetite suppressants are the Only type of Diet pill i would ever recommend as it is the only kind you can truly tell if it is doing anyhting. But all Fat loss comes from Eating less.

4lbs in 5 days is not fat loss..it is mainly water. Almost all Diet pills have ingredients that will make you lose water weight initially as to give you the illusion that the pill is doing wonders immediately.

If you are thinking of taking another pill you should ask your self if you are still eating too much? if not then there is no reason to take an extra pill.

Realize something important....FAT loss is slow, but water and muscle loss can be quick.

It takes a Calorie deficit of 3500 Calories to lose 1lb of fat. This makes losing more then 2-3lbs of fat a week very very difficult to do.

It also means when you see the scale move by a lb or two in one day it is not because of Fat...it is because of water.

We are OverFat...Not OverWeight!

Closed Thread