It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 12:08 AM   #1
(male)

planbee HB User
can ANYONE lose weight?

To start off, I'm in my later teenage years, 6"1' and weigh a bit over 170lbs.
I've just started to get 150% serious about my diet/exercise plan. I only want to lose a bit of body fat, mainly around my lower abs, waist/lower back, and chest.
My diet includes oatmeal, tuna salad with fat free dressing, grilled chicken with alot of fruit/veg and water throughout the day, sometimes I slip up and maybe eat something that's not the best for me, but I allow that SOME times. I don't count calories, just choose healthier choices. I find the whole counting calories thing a bit difficult.
I try to burn off 300 calories on our treadmil, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. If I've worked really hard most of the week and I'm tired i'll sometimes only do 100 calories, sometimes go for an hour burning roughly 600 calories.
Will this method help me lose the body fat that I have?
I'm a bit worried that this is as skinny as I can get, is that ever true if you have some body fat?
It's the middle of winter here and I want to be in great shape for summer, so I have plenty of time but I need to work hard, which I willing to do for sure.
So, can I get rid of this unwanted fat?

p.s I've never been obese or overweight, just a little bit of fat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
Re: can ANYONE lose weight?

planbee,

Yes, anyone CAN lose weight but not everyone SHOULD.
But, if you see some pinchable fat you could lose it.

As a teen at 170, even at 6'1" you might be wise to begin now and I recommend adding some muscle mass to your frame with some heavier resistance training rather than just concentrating on aerobics.

If fat loss is your goal, there is little point in knowing whether you are burning 100 calories or 600 calories on the treadmill if you don't know how many calories you are eating. Too much of even the healthiest food = fat storage.

Learn to count the calories...it isn't hard once you get over the initial slope of the learning curve. So much of the work is done for us now that there are nutrition labels on almost everything...imagine how hard it was during the Dark Ages (pre-1990) to count calories on packaged and canned foods WITHOUT these labels.

Learning how to count calories and getting over the learning curve hump will serve you well your whole life.

Last edited by Lenin; 08-10-2006 at 07:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread