It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
(male)

itsadam HB User
Question Dumb question, but I really have to know. Please...

Hi everyone, this is my first question and it's a very dumb one but I really must know.
I am overweight (have been for many years). I'm 6'2" 270lbs. I've been losing weight steadily, however. Past few years I've been wearing more and more baseball caps. Recently I've been given some fitted caps and they do not fit my head. When I was fit, years ago, I didn't wear caps so I don't know if my head was smaller. Therefore my question is: if I continue to lose weight, will my head get smaller as well? I mean I know I'll lose the fatty look in my cheeks and all but I'm talking about the circumfrence around my head where one would normally wear a hat.
Thank you for being patient with my stupid question.
Adam

Old 08-10-2006, 04:41 AM   #2
(female)

Texanne HB User
Re: Dumb question, but I really have to know. Please...

Hi! I have no idea, but I would try Googling "hat size" or several variations. Shoe places always tell you to have your shoe size measured every few years. I know shoe size is much more variable, but it's worth a try!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #3
(male)

itsadam HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanne
Hi! I have no idea, but I would try Googling "hat size" or several variations. Shoe places always tell you to have your shoe size measured every few years. I know shoe size is much more variable, but it's worth a try!
I know what my hat size is now. So when I buy a hat I obviously buy one that fits. But I have hats that are slightly smaller (they fit but tightly). That's why I need to know about losing weight and head getting smaller.
Thank you,
Adam

Old 08-10-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

I know for sure losing weight can make a difference in shoe size, so it doesn't sound outside the realm of possibility.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:20 PM   #5
(female)

beanerz777 HB User
Wink Re: Dumb question, but I really have to know. Please...

There is a Tae Kwon Doe leader at my son's class and he has recently had gastric bypass surgery and has lost a ton of weight and I just noticed tonight that his head is ALOT smaller. I couldn't bring myself to ask him though if his circumfrence did get smaller or not but it sure does look it. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread